• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I'm confused.

Is an Aura a ghost, a demon, or what?

It's obviously not good......

And in another post, it made it sound like it comes when you blur your eyes.

Hm,mmmm maybe that form of fun will be wiped out the window, if that's true.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/21/1964

Felix, studing the Bible is of utmost importance. Keep that and prayer first. Just remember that what the world knows to be true is not always what the Lord knows to be true. If it does not line up with the scriptures and God does not tell you anywhere that it is good or bad even, your best bet is to avoid it. I do not know everything, believe me, but I do know if it doesn't help your fellowship with the Lord but seems to have taken away( in this case ) your fellowship with him, it can't be good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I have seen so many professing Christians fall into this trap. Nowhere in the Bible does anyone prophesy according to auras.

You do not have to train yourself to see auras, you do need to seek the Lord continually.

I myself have practiced witchcraft during earlier times in my life.

Guess what, yes, it is real.

& it really opens you up to the devil stealing from your life.

Witchcraft and much of the new age mumbo jumbo glorifies self and the will of self, and I don't know a human alive whom I would say deserved to have their will done no matter what their motives may be.

If someone tells you this is okay to do and they are for this then they are NOT basing their beliefs on the word of the Lord.

I agree- it's new age mumbo jumbo. God gave us spiritual gifts to help us serve Him as He calls us... we should not rely on training ourselves to practice some new age magic.
I see auras the before I get a migraine. Why would anybody WANT to see one? Man, I hate those things. :thumbs_down:
Different type of aura, Marnie. I get auras prior to a migraine as well... that type of aura is a precursor to a migraine that you yourself feel/see- it's not the new-age-spiritual-energy-emission-type-of-aura-thing that one claims to see in other people.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Thank you for your replies. As I still do not understand this fully I will still be checking back here. There is another spiritual or New Age movement called "Indigo Children". The word Indigo comes from the color of the aura of these children. I think this thread already can give some insight on this movement.

Penfold, what you said was very good advice. I think that seeking it out is what can be dangerous. Any spiritual exercise apart from the Holy Spirit cannot be good.

Felix, studing the Bible is of utmost importance. Keep that and prayer first. Just remember that what the world knows to be true is not always what the Lord knows to be true. If it does not line up with the scriptures and God does not tell you anywhere that it is good or bad even, your best bet is to avoid it. I do not know everything, believe me, but I do know if it doesn't help your fellowship with the Lord but seems to have taken away( in this case ) your fellowship with him, it can't be good.

I agree. The attitude where we acknowledge that we do not know everything is the best way we can find understanding. I feel because of your attitude your words are very helpful to me. In this type of humility we will be graced for whatever we are seeking.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/21/1964

Nothing but love felix and I mean it. Your move to seek answers to what you didn't understand shows much knowledge on your part to learn what is right. Just remember all advise that you recieve through life must line up with the Scriptures to a certain degree, some advise is just common sense type advise. ( do not drive over the speed limit type ) lol.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

If we go by the Word of God we will not be deceived. Where are auras spoken of in the WORD of God? I am not trying to be simplistic but I do know how we can be deceived by the demonic and carnal realm. And the flesh is always interested in something other than the REALITY of God through his word and Spirit which brings life and the knowledge of God. Does seeing auras help us grow in the knowledge of God and how to be a better Christian? Is it not a substitute for the reality of fellowship with the Lord?

• 3 months later...
Guest kimberlynicole

Lately I have been going through many spiritual changes, feeling the desire to live for God, etc. I have been backsliding for a while, until 6 months ago. I began attending church again, praying, studying, and worshipping. I always thought that my spiritual gift was grace. I have always felt very strong empathy for others from all walks of life. Others have also observed this gift and I have spent considerable amounts of time trying to teach others about people and thier feelings. However, lately I have been getting images in dreams and strong intuitions of either future events or present events that have been hidden from me. I feel that this is God warning me, or answering prayers through this form of connection. However, I do pray to God that if my visions are not from Him, please take them away. I do not prescribe to new age thought. Although, I felt that it was important for me to understand people better (my calling is to help others), so I prayed for the ability to see auras. Almost instantly after I prayed this, I saw my own aura. Now I can see anyone's. Is this a spiritual gift? My thoughts:

Learning to read is not in the Bible, although we have to develop the ability. Maybe seeing auras will help us understand people better in helping them (cope through life events, get saved, etc.) But the ability to see auras needs to be sought out or learned, much like learning to play a violin....

I think the devil may be keeping us from this spiritual gift by distorting it to be evil. Why would Satan want us to know each other better. Why would he want us to sense trouble? If we sensed trouble in someone (by thier aura or whatever) we would do one of 2 things; pray for the person (become closer to God, help the individual) and perhaps stay away from them-a toxic individual.

If we could sense a persons true energy (evil or good), than surely a lot of evil wouldn't be able to trick us, decieve us, or cause us harm. For example, if the world truly saw the evil in Hitler early on, perhaps the Holocaust disaster would not have happened or at least alleviated earlier. What do you guys think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Guys,

why do You even consider going outside of God for understanding or wisdom or knowledge...

Why would I need an aura from someone to know wether or not they are evil or good....

God is well able to quicken in your heart that knowledge ..

If you are looking to your eyes for truth you are looking in the wrong place..

If you pursue this path it will not take you to the Lord for knowledge but away from Him...

Do not do this children of God... :)

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You know, some poeple are born with this ability. It comes as natural as not seeing them, for most of us. Just like some people are born seeing spirits or ghosts; some are born psychic. These things are mostly affiliated with the occult. Some poeple believe thises things can be developed, which I think that if God wished to bless us with a certain trait, it would come natural. I dont see what good purpose seeing auras could serve, except maybe promote fear of the unknown. Just my opinion. :)