Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It was a couple days ago when for some reason I just looked up auras and came across some sites describing how we can see them. I've always known about auras (had a friend whose mom could see them) but didnt think much about them until I came across a priest on tv who could see them and prophesy over people. After some more research I found that it was EM radiating from our bodies and that our eyes are actually capable of seeing these auras. So I actually did a simple exercise and I saw the aura too.

The reason I'm asking this question is that something frightened had happened. I was looking at myself in the mirror to see my aura. By this time I had actually seen my aura many times but this was different. I concentrated more and then my face and body changed into colors and all I saw of me was a big blob of color (usually it was just colors around me). Then I saw something in my image that real frightened me. I thought I saw another being....and for an instance I thought that I was seeing the inside of my body parts like my bone and lungs! I'm not sure...but it looked real scary.

I have been uneasy about this seeing aura thing the whole day. Seeing auras is correlated heavily with occultic and new age practices so this makes me very wary. I'm just not sure if practicing to see these things is a good idea in the sight of God. I sort of noticed that this was occupying all my time. I feel also that this is sort of replacing my prayer time and fellowship with God and his Word. But another part of me is saying that we're suppose to see these things and that seeing them would be very useful. Also that it's fun and interesting. My mind is not clear...I'm scared and confused at the moment. I can't discern clearly...I need your help.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Personally I would recommend you stop this. This is all new age stuff, and opens you to all sorts of things not of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Felix,

It would seem that you have lost your Peace about this?

How do we find our Peace?

We return to the Lord with all our heart, soul, and strength.

He is our strong tower of Peace.

Pr

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Since I don't see auras, I've never really thought twice about it. I guess there's no harm in being able to see them, but to try to use them to 'prophesy' would seem to take one over into the realm of divination.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I agree with Jade and Dr. Luke, if it does not bring you peace, if it gives you fear, then it is NOT of God.

As far as this goes, when people tell me they can see my aura (sp) I always think about that ink blot illusion, anyone ever see that on the web? It tells you stare at a certain spot and then in your perifrial vision you will see all kinds of weird things?

Angel

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

What are they? Auras?

If it's only blurring the eyes up, I've done that.

If a sermon is really long........and tediuos, I'll pass the time by staring at an object, and seeing if I can make it go all blurry and yellow, and see how many minutes I can go before blinking!

That's fun./.....but obviously not the image youre describing.......right? :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

thanks for your replies. No peace was exactly what I was feeling. I feel a lot more peace now.

I think everyone saw auras naturally when they were 5 years old or younger. But I think that after some time your central vision gets damaged so it's not able to pick up these auric frequencies anymore. Therefore, auric frequencies generally are picked up by our perpherial vision like what angel mentioned. I recognized that probably when I was 7 or 8 that I would stare at things and things would pop in and out of focus....and I was probably seeing auras but I don't remember. Yomotalking mentioned blurring your eyes...I think you were probably seeing the aura emanating from the object. What I saw was different...objects have a static aura that doesn't change but living beings have a different one that is full of more colors. What I saw was first my body changing colors...first my head. I didn't understand what was going on because nothing I've encountered or read mentioned anything about colors being on you, just around you. Normally, the colors emanated around me. But this time my whole face and chest was covered with an opaque color. So that was real scary...I'm use to seeing my facial features but I couldn't. Then I saw another image on top of me. It looked like a monster...and for a second I thought that I could see my bones. It was a real scary site and immediately I popped out of the vision.

I think I might understand what that was but I have found no resources yet explaining what that could be. I'm not going to be training my eyes to see auras for some time until I'm very clear on what it is God would have me do.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

You should be studying Felix.

Auras' aren't going to put food on your table or help you in your walk with God.

<<<STUDY>>>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear Felix,

When people see auras, they are seeing a part of the spirit world that surrounds us. The pretty, bright colors belong to the positive spirit world and the dark, dull colors belong to the negative spirit world. Don't be frightened by anything that God allows you to see. Just rebuke it and cast it out in Jesus' name. People years ago saw auras and painted them in their pictures as halos around people. But I also agree with what the others have said here. New agers use these spirit world realities like a ouija board. They begin to make such a big thing of it and only focus on the ability to see them. It is important to make the Word of God your life and to focus on God.

He has given us many gifts but the purpose of the gifts is for the edification of the body and also for us to overcome and come closer to God. It is so easy to allow a gift to be perverted and use it wrongly or get so into the gift that you lose your focus on God. It is so important to have a strong, close relationship with the Lord. The gift will never save you. The Word of God and having a relationship with God will. If God does show you an aura, just try to observe and ask Him why He allowed you to see it. It may not be for the person to ever know. It may be for your own discernment. It may be that you yourself look like a monster and then you may ask God, Why do I look like a monster right now? And the Lord may answer you that you've been treating people like a monster at work or some other helpful hint. Then rebuke it and change.

Or again, He may allow you to see someone else who has a very nice aura. Again, you ask Him why and He may show you that He simply wants you to encourage that person or help him/her in some way. It doesn't mean you tell the person that they have a beautiful yellow aura. You have to leave the use of this and any other gift up to God. He can guide us in all things. Whatever you're training yourself to do, you have to ask yourself why you are doing it. Perhaps when you saw the negative thing, God was showing you that your motive in doing this was not right. The only reason we should do anything is so that we can be a better help to God and to the promotion of His kingdom.