Kalashnikova

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

My ministry at the moment is helping special education kids out. Prior to this my ministry has consisted of working fast food, construction, sales, and other areas of "work." Hopefully, in the future, my ministry will consist of me being a professor.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Would you consider praying for my ministry?

Prayer

I'm happy for you. What kind of missions work do you do in your town? I also use the Internet to lead others to Jesus.

I feel that my ministry has lead me to many places spiritually in my life over the past three and a half years. If you would have told me three years ago I would be as close to the Lord as I am now, I would have thought you were crazy. I fee that I have inspired others as well as myself with being more confident, and knowing that I can really trust the Lord. I can turn to Him for anything; He is there to give me strength and encouragement. I joined deardiary.net back in 2002 and I didn't know why I felt the urge to find a public diary site, but God has blessed me more than I can imagine with the technology of the internet. I started just writing about my day and hoping that people would comment on it, now I use it in my ministry. I spread the word of the Lord in that diary. This has grown into joining another diary site livejournal.com, a devotional and prayer team group, and now worthy ministries. I feel that it is so important to spread the word of the world around the world; we all need to know the Lord and how wonderful, gracious, and awesome God is. It is so great that God has blessed me enough that I can use the technology of the internet to spread God's word, I can say I'm also a missionary in my own town. May God bless us all, and may we all come to know Him. God bless.

Britani

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

My ministry is missions/evangelism. My ministry is working with inner-city teens in Los Angeles County. God called me into youth ministry; I had not expected nor considered teaching teens (I even asked God if He was sure about this, lol) but I am soooo thankful and blessed He told me to GO to that ministry... those kids are my very heart. :57_57: My heart is also devoted to the persecuted church in Asia... when I have the financial ability to do so, I would like to go on short-term trips twice a year. I believe at some point my ministry will include working with the Deaf, though I am not sure exactly where and how (I am studying to be an interpreter). These things God clearly called me too... it's so interesting to see how God equips us to do His will- He knew what I was able to do and would love to do even when I wasn't sure... I am sooo glad I listened and trusted to the One who knows me better than I know myself :)

Dear Seraf,

I also work with children and the youth here in Russia. I want to invite you for a missions trip here (Moscow). Do you want to partner? God bless you and your ministry.

My ministry is missions/evangelism. My ministry is working with inner-city teens in Los Angeles County. God called me into youth ministry; I had not expected nor considered teaching teens (I even asked God if He was sure about this, lol) but I am soooo thankful and blessed He told me to GO to that ministry... those kids are my very heart. :57_57: My heart is also devoted to the persecuted church in Asia... when I have the financial ability to do so, I would like to go on short-term trips twice a year. I believe at some point my ministry will include working with the Deaf, though I am not sure exactly where and how (I am studying to be an interpreter). These things God clearly called me too... it's so interesting to see how God equips us to do His will- He knew what I was able to do and would love to do even when I wasn't sure... I am sooo glad I listened and trusted to the One who knows me better than I know myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Helps and Healing

Would you pray for my healing?

Helps and Healing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

When we were contemplating relocating to Rock Hill, SC in 1995, the Lord gave me Isaiah 61:1-3 as my mission:

• to preach good news to the poor
  • To bind up the brokenhearted
  • To proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners
  • To proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God
  • To comfort all who mourn
  • To provide for those who grieve
  • To encourage the oppressed

Basically, to allow God to do his work in me and through me so that Jesus could be seen in me and I could reflect his love to others.

The Lord has had me teaching his word, encouraging people, exhorting people, counseling, doing administrative work, helping people find their gifts and talents and providing opportunities for them to use them, helping them to know that God loves them and that he has a plan and purpose for their lives, showing them the way to freedom and peace in Christ, teaching them how to forsake sin and to walk in victory, etc. these past forty years. Seven years ago he led me and my husband to begin a ministry to college-age adults out of our home where we teach them the word, provide ministry opportunities for them, involve them in Christian fellowship, teach them to pray and to worship God with their lives, etc. We've had as many as 30 young adults in our home per week (we feed them, too) and as few as 7 per week, though we have averaged about 20 per week over the past seven years. Right now we have a small group of 14. We also try to involve them in outreach to the poor in the community. Many of them come from poverty situations, broken homes, etc.

A year ago the Lord added another aspect to the ministry to which he has called me. It is the part in Isaiah 61 where it says to "proclaim the day of vengeance of our God." That one has not been nearly as much fun as the others. The Lord told me he wanted me to be a voice in the wilderness "Prepare ye the way of the Lord," not his first coming, obviously, but to prepare people for his second coming. He wants me to be a voice that tells people his return is near and to call people to repentance. That has not gained me any popularity, and we have lost people in our ministry because they could not accept what the Lord was having me say. Nonetheless, I know this is my mission. I know this as surely as I know anything. And, I know that we are to prepare the young people the Lord gives us to be an army for him in these last days.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Would you pray for my healing?

Helps and Healing

Sure, do you need physical, mental or emotional healing? PM me and let me know.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:P Hello all. I'm new here. I've been scanning over the posts and this seems to be a wonderful, Jesus-loving forum.

As for my ministry, right at the moment I guess I'm trying to find just that. This has been a bad year for me health-wise. I had a hip replacement last January (I was 43 then) that didn't go very well at all. I was disabled before that, stemming from a bad car accident 20 years ago in which my hip, leg and foot were crushed, but now I'm downright cripple--still thankful for everyday I have though. :P I haven't done much of anything for awhile for the Lord and it's really bothering me. I want to do something to serve Him, however, I'm limited as I live with a great deal of pain on a daily basis. One reason for the hip replacement was to get off strong painkillers. :P I have gotten off the really strong painkillers though, thank God, but I'm still taking some others daily, thanks to this brand new pain due to nerve damage. (I do have faith that it will get better :P ) I rarely go anywhere other than a doctor appt here and there as I'm just not up to it.

I thought I'd check out Christian Chat and see where that took me. I came across a room a couple of weeks ago which ended up being a religious debate forum. Oh my...what a shocker for this little, sheltered, bible-thumping, Jesus freak. There were people on the attack from all faiths, from professed pagans, atheists, and even Lucifer followers. There were some Jews, Mormons, and J.W.'s also. Very, very few Christians, as I know and relate though. I simply stated my heartfelt beliefs on a few subjects, with scripture to back it, and can only believe that God's Word won't return void. There's lots of lost to pray for, for sure, but that forum has depressed me somewhat. I know everyone won't become believers, but it seems as if the posters there are more devoted to persecuting Christianity and trying to disprove the Bible than anything else; but then again, there was a reason some of those people searched for a religious forum, and hopefully they'll find the way to Christ. I decided to look for a new room tonight. Not that I won't ever not go back there, as God may want me to say something to someone, but I do need a break. :P It worries and shocks me that so many just outright out rebukes Jesus though.

--That's one thing about the net, huh? You meet people from all walks of life in your own home.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to introduce myself. Nice to meet you! Your sister in Christ, robin