vja4Him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I'd say give up, there are no strong evidences.

I'd say I disagree with you. :blink:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

How much? :blink:

The 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens is good evidence of catastrophic events that some scientists claim must take millions of years to happen, but only took days/months to form.

interesting that some science thought the Grand Canyon in Arizona took millions of years to form and then there was found a tall tree laying vertical through that sediment they had previously determined to be layers of millions of years of sediment forming, this tall tree was there tossed by the flood through all the layers. interesting to me.

I don't know how old the earth is.

I do know the Bible is Gods True Word and our world was created by HIM.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

sorry my keyboard enter key stuck and extended post size, my apologies! hope it does not do it this time!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My bet is that natural human intellect will continue to extend the time scale till some scientist sticks his or her neck out and declares that it all tends to infinity, and then that will be the end of it all

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

The 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens is good evidence of catastrophic events that some scientists claim must take millions of years to happen, but only took days/months to form.

Aber...Nein. Du bist wong.

Some things take a lot of time, while others take not as much. And scientists are wrong too.

But no scientist claims an eruption takes millions of years.

I will rephrase the point that I am trying to make. Evolutionists claim that mountains and valleys take millions of years to form. But in a very short time, within our lifetimes (!!), we have witnessed the formation of a large canyon. In just five months, Step Canyon was formed by mud and pyroclastic flows, creating a canyon up 700 feet deep in places. Loowit Canyon (to the east of Step Canyon) and Step Canyon cut through 100 feet of solid rock (!!!).

In 1980, the landscape of Mount Saint Helens was violently, and quickly, changed. In a period of only three hours, the powerful explosive eruption produced 25 feet of layered strata. Evolutionists claim that millions of years are required to produce stratification. In only three hours 100 layers of strata were created!

Each layer took only a few seconds to a few minutes to form!! Amazing! As the pyroclastic flows, consisting of fine volcanic debris, moved down the mountainside at hurricane speeds, leaving hot deposits (up to 1000

Edited by vja4Him

How much? :noidea:

interesting that some science thought the Grand Canyon in Arizona took millions of years to form and then there was found a tall tree laying vertical through that sediment they had previously determined to be layers of millions of years of sediment forming, this tall tree was there tossed by the flood through all the layers. interesting to me.

I don't know how old the earth is.

I do know the Bible is Gods True Word and our world was created by HIM.

skyelights: When trees go through several different layers, they are called polystrata.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

There's not much point in argueing about this.

You are correct.

But(There's always a but) while catastophic events can cause a great deal of things, they can't explain everything. And scientists are wrong at times. If they weren't, we'd be in trouble.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

vja4Him: Evolutionary geologists have finally admitted that catastrophic events must be responsible for the formation of the Channeled Scablands.

Actually the theory was proposed about a hundred years ago. The problem was that no one could account for the amount of water necessary and for its sudden and catastrophic release.

Scientific research has subsequently concluded that the cause was the repeated development and failing of ice dams formed during the last ice age.

So yes, the Scablands were caused by

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

The Grand Canyon, on the other hand is the result of (primarily) erosion by the Colorado river over millions of years.

I have always wondered about statements like this.

Here's my problem with that:

For this to be true, then other such rivers would have the same effect all over the world. Unless, of course, the Colorado River is the only one that is millions of years old, that is.

So why do we not have the same effect from other rivers across the globe? I mean, especially in areas where the ground is softer.

Do all huge canyons have rivers which are millions of years old, or just this one?

t.

The Grand Canyon, on the other hand is the result of (primarily) erosion by the Colorado river over millions of years.

I have always wondered about statements like this.

Here's my problem with that:

For this to be true, then other such rivers would have the same effect all over the world. Unless, of course, the Colorado River is the only one that is millions of years old, that is.

So why do we not have the same effect from other rivers across the globe? I mean, especially in areas where the ground is softer.

Do all huge canyons have rivers which are millions of years old, or just this one?

t.

That is a very good question Ted. I believe in catastrophism, and that just as the Bible says, the fountains of the deep were opened up. I've been reading about that very topic, and according to evolutionists, the continents would have been reduced to sea level in only 14 million years! Obviously something is wrong with evolution.

For those who are wondering what is he talking about. Evolution needs hundreds of millions and even billions of years. We can measure the amount of erosion of sediments. The yearly amount of sediments that is carried into the sea amounts to around 27.5 billion tons per year. The volume of the continents above sea level has been measured at 383 million billion tons. From there you need to figure simple math, and you can see that in a very short amount of time (short by evolution standards) that all the continents would be reduced to sea level in only 14 million years!!

Getting back to the Grand Canyon, Ted, much of the Colorado River drainage is virtually untouched! Flat, featureless, uplifted plateau, bearing no evidence of 70 millions years of erosion. This is a serious problem for evolutionists to explain, according to uniformitarianism.

Another serious problem for the evolutionists is that the mountains contain rock that evolutionists date at hundreds of millions and even billions of years old. This is plenty of time to completely erode the continents many time over, hmm....... but the continents nearly everywhere are covered with sediments. The uniformitarian theory doesn't add up!!

Edited by vja4Him