IGNORED

Honest question

apothanein kerdos

Guest shiloh357
It may have nothing to do with Gentiles...but what about Christians?

Look to the story of Chanukah, the miracle, and tell me again why we do not celebrate it. :P

Well the story is based upon a miracle that occurred in and for the Jewish nation. Most Christians do not feel that it is relevant to them.

Nebula also hit on a point, and that is that for the last 1700 years, Christians practicing Jewish customs has been frowned upon by most of Christendom. The prevailing posture toward Jewish customs has been critical if not downright hostile at times.

It is heartening to see a change in that trend in our day, though.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The reason we dont is because of catholicism and it anti semitism , They wanted to take everything jewish out of christianity and it is our loss they replaced them with pagan replacements ......

All the feastables are christians it is up to us to change it. The whole book is about Yeshua and so are the Holidays.

Guest torahdelight

Same reason Christians don't celebrate any of the other Feasts . . . .

And what is that reason?

Well . . . it kind of started back in the second or third century when Christianity became a Gentile religion . . . .

Okay...but why don't we celebrate Chanukah? :P

I am a messianic Jew. I celebrate Christmas @ the Feast of Tabernacles, and I also celebrate Christmas on 12-25. In addition, I celebrate Hanukkah! Why? I thnk it is because people now adays, are use to the gentile calendar. If Feasts were and still are good enough for Yeshua (Jesus) then it is good enough for me. And I'lll celebrate them joyfully!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Look to the story of Chanukah, the miracle, and tell me again why we do not celebrate it. :P

Well the story is based upon a miracle that occurred in and for the Jewish nation. Most Christians do not feel that it is relevant to them.

Nebula also hit on a point, and that is that for the last 1700 years, Christians practicing Jewish customs has been frowned upon by most of Christendom. The prevailing posture toward Jewish customs has been critical if not downright hostile at times.

Right, but here's what i don't understand. Chanukah is a celebration of a miralce...of further survival of the Jewish people. It is basically a celebration of God fulfilling HIs promise yet again. To me, it's almost a shame that Christians tend to not celebrate it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The Light of the world has come in Jesus.

As the records I have read that the early church taught from the apostles;" Christianity has not embraced Judiasm. But, Judaism has embraced Christianity."

But, I think you are seeking the revealing of JESUS fortold through ancient Biblical Light; and perhaps the fulfillment in JESUS The Light of The World, maybe here.

Anyway, I celebrate JESUS The Light of The World !

Guest shiloh357

Look to the story of Chanukah, the miracle, and tell me again why we do not celebrate it. :th_handshake:

Right, but here's what i don't understand. Chanukah is a celebration of a miralce...of further survival of the Jewish people. It is basically a celebration of God fulfilling HIs promise yet again. To me, it's almost a shame that Christians tend to not celebrate it.

You make a good point. Its just that there are some who doubt that the miracle took place.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The reason we dont is because of catholicism and it anti semitism , They wanted to take everything jewish out of christianity and it is our loss they replaced them with pagan replacements ......

All the feastables are christians it is up to us to change it. The whole book is about Yeshua and so are the Holidays.

I think you hit on an important point.

When I first began to study about the observations of the feasts, it really enriched my understanding of God's Word. It gave me great joy to see the handiwork of God that they expressed. :th_handshake:

When compared to many of the observations I have had of the Christmas and Easter celebrations, I just do not find numerous aspects of those customs compatible with what I find in God's word.

I am still trying to study through the issues with the synthesis of pagan replacements. There is a lot about it that is puzzling to me.

Thanks & God Bless,

Mrs. SE

You make a good point. Its just that there are some who doubt that the miracle took place.

True, because it is found in the Talmud which apparently gives justification to question it. :th_handshake:

Regardless, I do believe it occured and likewise know for a fact that God did preserve His people and kept His promise. To me, that's something worth celebrating and I'm suprised Christians don't.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Perplexing question then.......... why did the Catholic Church not accept Martin Luther's ejection of I & II Maccabees from the canon of the bible??????

I propose that Catholicism is the Christian denomination that is most supportive of the Jews.

And,I agree that all Christians should at least recognize in the Jewish Feasts the faithfulness and compassion of our God.

I propose that Catholicism is the Christian denomination that is most supportive of the Jews.

That's another debate for another time....but historically, killing people and then ignoring the fact they're being killed doesn't really lend "support."

The only denomination that Israeli leaders feel comfortable meeting with (and do meet with them often) is Southern Baptists...they are, by far, the most supportive of the Jewish people. There's also a grass root effort among southern baptists churches to start celebrating Chanukah with their Jewish friends (if the Friends will allow it).