• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1989

I'm not so sure I need help...just a place to rant and bit.

I've gotten to a place where I'm really questioning all this God stuff. There are times when I'm so sure God is real but lately they have been far and few. Lately I've been really questioning the truth in this God stuff. Is it possible that there is no God? Or not the God of the bible anyway? Is it possible that we're all being fooled here? I've started to wonder if the purpose I have in God is really much of a purpose at all.

I guess in my head I know I should believe in God but, now at least, I don't feel it. I love God but there are times when I look at the bible and the world and feel that the God I know shouldn't let people suffer like this.

I don't really know how to vocalize exactly what I'm feeling right now about God.

I don't really know what to believe anymore. I'm not sure Christianity is worth it.

Edited by ink_spot

Guest to da big poppa in da sky

I've gotten to a place where I'm really questioning all this God stuff. There are times when I'm so sure God is real but lately they have been far and few. Lately I've been really questioning the truth in this God stuff. Is it possible that there is no God? Or not the God of the bible anyway? Is it possible that we're all being fooled here? I've started to wonder if the purpose I have in God is really much of a purpose at all.

I don't really know what to believe anymore. I'm not sure Christianity is worth it.

Are you CRAZY?!?! :) Of COURSE there is a God. Christianity is definatley worth it. Do you have the Holy Ghost?

-rypi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Fair enough that you have a burden for the world and the things that are happening in it. But this burden is too heavy for one person to bare (except the Lord who was God in the flesh). Are you an interceder? Perhaps that is what this is all about? Maybe you are called to pray?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Ink Spot are you in the Word?

The second thing is that there are many excellent books out there about this subject. The first that comes to mind is C.S. Lewis, "The Problem with Pain". In which he attempts to examine Free Will and the suffering we see in the world.

The first thing I would recommend is to ask the Lord Himself. Then begin to read the Word and Meditate and Pray on what it is you have read. Ask the Lord to show you then keep your eyes open as the answers begin to flow in.

The Scripture says thus;

Mt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

I'm glad you felt free to admit these doubts. I would really recommend you share these doubts with the Lord, in prayer, and make sure you are attending church and youth group or bible study (depending on your age range).

Also, remember, as Christians, we are not citizens of this world, we should not expect to be comfortable in it, because our eyes should be on Heaven. Heaven lasts for an eternity!! NO end! We are here on earth for just a very short time. That bible calls our life on earth a "vapor".. it's here for a short time, and is gone.

Press on and pursue closeness with the Lord. God never told us there would be no pain on earth. He never said we can expect easy lives as Christians. But, he DOES tell us that he is preparing a place for us where there will be NO tears, NO pain, NO suffering.

Please get yourself connected with other Christians (live and in person, not just online).

Jennifer

Edited by chicagoburbite

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I also want to say that it's good to question and to understand what you believe. My instincts tell me that maybe you've been spending too much time on an Agnostic/Atheist forum. Is that possible? If that's true than please remember that you are getting a very unhealthy dose of information that will eat away at you and your faith over time.

Tap

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  86
  • Birthday:  07/10/1990

I guess in my head I know I should believe in God but, now at least, I don't feel it. I love God but there are times when I look at the bible and the world and feel that the God I know shouldn't let people suffer like this.

I don't really know how to vocalize exactly what I'm feeling right now about God.

Hey, I've been in the exact same place as you before. Doubt hurts, it takes everything you knew about the world and flips it upside down. For a while there, you can't tell which end is up let alone what is right. I know that me telling you there is a God isn't going to make you feel better but what I learned from everything I've experienced so far is you can't always trust your feelings about things. It's odd, I've been hovering about the posts that you've made and it seems as if I have been there before. I know that's silly to say, because who am I to know what you feel, but I've experienced the same doubt.. and the questioning about homosexuality and all that worldly stuff.

The one thing I know right now is that it's hard to believe, to take something that the whole world is doubting, to love this God that less and less people are believing in and have a relationship with Him. I think that it is natural to have doubt and more people have it, more often than they will admit. The devil uses everyday things, he plants thoughts in our head, ones that we believe are our own. No one can force you to believe. God never wanted it that way, but He does want you and even though He isn't reinforcing His presence, heck, I bet right now it seems like He never even exsisted in the first place.

I know i am probably in no position to talk, because I still struggle with doubt on a day to day basis, but when He does show himself to me, I suppose it means more to me than someone who can feel Him right there, in them, through them and near them practically all the time. To me, when I see clearly after all the fog, it's worth it. It's worth the doubt and the questioning and the uncertainty because for that time being no matter how brief or long it is, I finally have my God, my purpose, my everything.

I am not sure if this post is going to help you or not but I hope that it will. If nothing else, I want you to know that you aren't alone in all of this. Also, one last thing, and then I'll shut up, but I tried that path during my uncertainty. I tried to go with the world and the world took me and did everything it could to hurt me. It took everything it could from me and left me there alone, scared and hungry for something I didn't even have a clue about. It's taken me years to finally be able to stand again, not to mention a very very strong God, I don't think I would be here if it wasn't for Him. I am not saying this for pity, I just want you to know what a mess you are getting into if you chose this world over Jesus. The world will fill you up until you're all empty inside and I don't want that to happen to you.

I hope this didn't sound like a sermon,

I'll be praying for you,

Love

ALEX : )

P.S.~ Sorry it's so random, I guess that's jsut the way i think.

Edited by poetically_taken

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

7 words: Read THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  38
  • Birthday:  12/21/1989

Sometimes prayer doesn't seem like enough. I am born again. I haven't spent time in an atheist forum. I've come up with these thoughts on my own and that's what really scares me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sillykelly

I am not astute enough (yet) to be able to quote scripture-but I will tell you some things that have kept me on the right path-and even when I was on the wrong path-I could at least still see and remember the right one!

Take the time to read (not watch) the LEFT BEHIND series. The whole thing. Not only is it a great read--it will make you question many things you wouldn't have thought of. Second, find at least one friend or family member for now anyway, that is grounded in their faith. Not even just to preach at you, but to see how their lives are blessed by their beliefs and willingness to live by them.

I have just been reminded again by my brother and his family, devout Christians who not only tak the talk but walk the walk. Their son was severely wounded in Iraq in a car bomb while serving with the national guard.3 months ago. For all logical purposes he should not be here. Once again, I had been straying not from my love of God, but from my daily "talks" with him and now witnessed the power of a what can be called nothing less than a miracle that he survived. This young man prayed over his vehicle at the time of the bombing, prayed for his enemies and prayed for healing. Our family instantly remembered who is really in control on this earth and by the Grace of God, he continues to recover. Not only recover, but SHINE! he literally touches and inspires everyone he meets and there isn;t a person who has met him since that hasn;t been amazed by him. His vehicle of recover? His faith in God and not being afraid to say it and praise it. Not bad for a 22 yr old. My brother and sis in law in their words, "attacked this injury with prayer". This is hard to explain in a paragraph or 2, but an incident that should have been a tragedy has turned in into an avenue of inspiration. It inspires me to remember that although there are many, many things in this life that can be called "bad, bummers or the like" many have a silver lining if there is God at the root of our daily life. What a way for me to reminded how good God is, but it happened. A 22 yr old with everything ahead of him, was burned, lost his eyesight in one eye and and had his face ripped open looks like the most beautiful man in the world to all who meet him. Why? Because he guarded his heart and faith and he just continues to bring the light of Jesus everyhere he goes. Humbling on my part for sure, but I'll tell you what, it has renewed my glory to God for his wonderful grace. You just have to see it that way sometimes and that's not always an easy thing to do......

Peace and blessings