Fiosh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

How do you view your relationship with God? What do you believe He sees when He looks at you? I'm not asking this in reference to your evaluation of yourself, but rather how you believe God views each individual(generally speaking).

It is interesting to me that each of us has a different way of experiencing God's Presence. This may be due in part to our experience with human relationships and partly related to our spiritual formation.

I'd appreciate hearing both your personal thoughts and the Scriptural basis for your beliefs.

Thanks,

Fiosh

:rolleyes:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

How do you view your relationship with God? What do you believe He sees when He looks at you? I'm not asking this in reference to your evaluation of yourself, but rather how you believe God views each individual(generally speaking).

It is interesting to me that each of us has a different way of experiencing God's Presence. This may be due in part to our experience with human relationships and partly related to our spiritual formation.

I'd appreciate hearing both your personal thoughts and the Scriptural basis for your beliefs.

Thanks,

Fiosh

:rolleyes:

When God looks at me he sees his child; his daughter. He sees one whom he has chosen to be called a child of God. He sees one whom he formed in the womb of my mother and said that even before he formed me in the womb that he had a plan and a purpose for my life; he set me apart for his service. He said that I was fearfully and wonderfully made by him. All the days ordained for me were written in his book before one of them came to be. I am his servant, his friend, his bride. I am more valuable to him than the lillies of the field or the birds of the air. He cares for me and he loves me and he watches over me and he protects me like a mother chick protects her little ones. He loves to have me sit at his feet and learn from him. He sees me like he saw the woman who washed his feet with her tears and hair and anointed him with perfume - he sees my service to him as an act of love. He considers me precious in his sight. I am the apple of his eye. I am one of his watchmen (women) and I am one of his sheep who listens to his voice and follows him. He sees me as someone who needs him and loves him greatly. He sees me as close to his heart.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Sue, that was beautiful

I must admit, most the time I think God see's me and just shakes his head......................

Sue, that was beautiful

I must admit, most the time I think God see's me and just shakes his head......................

I don't think so. There is a lot more to you than you realize. I'm not shaking my head, and I don't think God is shaking his, either. I think he sheds tears sometimes for us when we are stupid and stubborn and go our own way, because he loves us so very much and wants only the best for us. He wants the best for you, too! Allow him today to show you how he views you, not how you view you. He loved us so much that even while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. And, God sees us through the eyes of Jesus. We get down on ourselves when we listen to what the enemy says about us, but if we would all listen to how God views us and believe what he says about us, evidenced by how we act, WOW!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

God only gets the odd glimpse of me because of my rebellion. As much as I want to stay in the light, he darkness still overwhelms me. :rolleyes:

Oh Sue, your are correct, I am well aware (to my sorrow) that the above is MY perception of how God is looking at me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Sue, that was beautiful

You are so right Becky. G-d is shaking his head. Though not in a horizontal line. He is shaking his head in a vertical line. Up and down. Saying "This is my precious daughter. Whom I love dearly, and in whom I am well pleased." :whistling::):emot-hug:

Sue, that was beautiful

You are so right Becky. G-d is shaking his head. Though not in a horizontal line. He is shaking his head in a vertical line. Up and down. Saying "This is my precious daughter. Whom I love dearly, and in whom I am well pleased." :whistling::):emot-hug:

:) my friend!

Oh Sue, your are correct, I am well aware (to my sorrow) that the above is MY perception of how God is looking at me.

Well, I only see you through God's eyes, and I think you look great!!

Well, I only see you through God's eyes, and I think you look great!!

:whistling: ((((((((((((((((((((Sue)))))))))))))))))))))))) :emot-hug: