IGNORED

Roman Catholics believe that some of the Bible isn't true??

Guest shiloh357

You are correct in one sense --- the RCC has never promoted a "literalist" view of the Holy Bible. This does not mean that it teaches that God's word is not true. It means that we differ about what we interpret as symbolic.

However, there are passages that the RCC views as literal, that "you" take as symbolism. So, before you throw too many stones.......................

"Take and eat, for this is my Body".

Peace,

Fiosh

:)

Actually your "literalism," isn't. What you call taking the Bible "literally" really only amounts to taking the Bible at face value. A lot of people don't make that distinction. To take the Bible literally, simply means to read the Bible as literature. As evidenced by your above comment, you don't know the difference between a metaphor or a symbol, or at least you don't want to apply the difference even if you do know.

..........or you are missing out on the beautiful and mystical foundation of the faith.

The foundation of the Christian faith is Jesus Christ (1Cor. 3:11). There is nothing "mystical" about it. I am not missing out on anything. The foundation of Catholicism is something else perhaps.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

You are correct in one sense --- the RCC has never promoted a "literalist" view of the Holy Bible. This does not mean that it teaches that God's word is not true. It means that we differ about what we interpret as symbolic.

However, there are passages that the RCC views as literal, that "you" take as symbolism. So, before you throw too many stones.......................

"Take and eat, for this is my Body".

Peace,

Fiosh

Actually your "literalism," isn't. What you call taking the Bible "literally" really only amounts to taking the Bible at face value. A lot of people don't make that distinction. To take the Bible literally, simply means to read the Bible as literature. As evidenced by your above comment, you don't know the difference between a metaphor or a symbol, or at least you don't want to apply the difference even if you do know.

..........or you are missing out on the beautiful and mystical foundation of the faith.

The foundation of the Christian faith is Jesus Christ (1Cor. 3:11). There is nothing "mystical" about it. I am not missing out on anything. The foundation of Catholicism is something else perhaps.

The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ. On that we agree.

Peace, brother.

Fiosh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ. On that we agree.

Peace, brother.

Fiosh

wub.gif

That is all that REALLY matters, like I said before I have known catholics who are wonderful, inspirational Christians, I just disagree at times with certain things they preach, doesn't make them wrong, it just doesn't work for me :whistling: G-d bless you

I know many Catholics who are wonderful examples of Christ, I just question a lot of what the RCC does, I wouldn't go as far as saying they are evil, I just think they are off in certain ares, but they do a lot of good in the community.

hi i am intrested in christianity what bible would u recomend.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Secondarily, you ought to note this article was promulgated by some Bishops in England and Ireland, not through the House of Bishops; which is a very important distinction in the sacramental churches

Do you really think the Bishops of England and Ireland would endorse such a controversial publication without the rubber stamp of the Vatican? I think not. The Vatican is simply

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I know many Catholics who are wonderful examples of Christ, I just question a lot of what the RCC does, I wouldn't go as far as saying they are evil, I just think they are off in certain ares, but they do a lot of good in the community.

Welcome, Seema! It's good to see you here. And I'm glad you are interested in Christianity. It is the way to life.

Perhaps a New International Version Bible would be a good starting Bible. It's an easy read. I would start with the book of John.

If you are unable to get a Bible, would you let one of the Moderators or a Worthy Watchman know? I'm sure we could help you with that. God bless! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I agree NIV is a great first Bible, very easy to understand. Walmart has them for 5 dollars, at least ours does, kroger does as well, or king soopers if you are in the west. G-d bless you, and may the L-rd draw you close to him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Welcome Seema. If you wish to have a free bible from worthy, please pm your address to me and I will ask the Chief and Papasangel to send it off to you. They send out free bibles to those who wish them.

God bless,

Jade

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi seema,

I would also suggest that you find a church where you can fellowship with other Christians and study the word. Talk to people you know, about their church; see what churches are in your area...and then pray for the Holy Spirit to lead you.

If you have any questions, people here are always more than willing to help.

Welcome & the peace of Christ be with you,

Fiosh

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  191
  • Birthday:  09/25/1972

Given the RCC history it seams that they are more interested in their traditons than Biblical Truth