Hal Lindsey proclaims: Islam a violent religion

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

im gonna be the one who actually studied some islamic beliefs in school and say that thats complete and utter trash. if you want the truth its that islam is no more violent than other religions. the problem comes from the fact that all that non believers hear about the religion is involved in one radical sect that happens to be violent. real islam is a very spiritual, soulful experience, the islam you hear about on the news is a lie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

What I know of islam isnt from the biased teachings in school, but from interaction with real muslims. Dont be fooled. Islam isnt a religion of peace. Even the so called peaceful ones want to conquer and islamicize the world.

Guest shiloh357
im gonna be the one who actually studied some islamic beliefs in school and say that thats complete and utter trash. if you want the truth its that islam is no more violent than other religions. the problem comes from the fact that all that non believers hear about the religion is involved in one radical sect that happens to be violent. real islam is a very spiritual, soulful experience, the islam you hear about on the news is a lie

Yeah, and the "peaceful" Muslims do nothing to stop the radicals in their midst. We do not see Muslim governments all over the world hunting down, capturing, and punishing terrorists. We do not see the Muslim world destroying terrorist cells. What we DO see are plenty of Muslim governments funding terrorism, and opening their countries up to house terrorist training camps.

Maybe you ought to live in the real world. I don't care what they teach you in school. Islam is not peaceful. Its history and existence are based on bloodshed and the desire for world dominance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Of course islam is a violent religion. islam is our enemy.

But not just because it is violent. There are other kinds of religious beliefs, which, though not violent, are still our enemies because they are enemies of Christ and His message of salvation for us. They are enemies of our souls. Many religious beliefs may try to trick us with flatteries and subtle lies, not violence. That still makes them our enemies.

islam (yes, I always like to use lower case letters, because I don't want to even give it the honour of correct capitalization) ....islam is a religion of both lies, and violence. It is a danger.

I don't say all muslims are violent, or dangerous. Some are. Many are. But that is because they are misled. It is maybe not completely their fault for believing what they believe. Nevertheless, that doesn't alter the fact that they are dangerous for believing what they believe.

islam is absolutely incompatible with Christianity

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Of course islam is a violent religion. islam is our enemy.

But not just because it is violent. There are other kinds of religious beliefs, which, though not violent, are still our enemies because they are enemies of Christ and His message of salvation for us. They are enemies of our souls. Many religious beliefs may try to trick us with flatteries and subtle lies, not violence. That still makes them our enemies.

islam (yes, I always like to use lower case letters, because I don't want to even give it the honour of correct capitalization) ....islam is a religion of both lies, and violence. It is a danger.

I don't say all muslims are violent, or dangerous. Some are. Many are. But that is because they are misled. It is maybe not completely their fault for believing what they believe. Nevertheless, that doesn't alter the fact that they are dangerous for believing what they believe.

islam is absolutely incompatible with Christianity

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

From my understanding of the Qur

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

I believe that Hal Lindsey damages his Prophetical insight in the eyes of many christians by his personal life.

Hal Lindsey is currently married to his fourth wife, having divorced his previous three. On the back cover of the sixth printing of his 1974 book, There's a New World Coming, is a picture of Lindsey with his second wife, Jan. (Jan is the mother of Hal's three grown daughters.) He also dedicates the book to "my best pal, my wife Jan ..." However, "best pal" Jan is gone from the back cover of the book's 1984 "updated" edition, as is the dedication to her. A later Lindsey' book, Planet Earth--2000 A.D. (18 million in circulation as of 1/95), carries a picture of Hal and his third wife, Kim, who is approximately 25 years his junior. (Kim is the sister of author Johanna Michaelsen, and the sister-in-law of Tetelestai Center's Associate Pastor, Randy Michaelsen.) After dumping Kim, Hal is now married to wife #4, JoLyn, a member of Tetelestai and in a Bible class taught by Lindsey when she was evidently "discovered" by Hal.

I realize this may upset some of you but a Christian does at least have to make some attempt to live a Holy, God pleasing life. Especially when they have the influence that Hal Lindsey has.

The truth is that if Hinn, Copeland or others were living the same lifestyle as lindsey the knives would really be out for them on these boards.

Perhaps the title of Hal's next book should be "There's A New Wife Coming".

Edited by Rebmilc

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The seventh-century Religion Of The Sword, the Muhammadan religion of the Arabian Peninsula was conceived in violence, nurtured in violence and continues in violence to this very moment of time. It was in 635 A.D. - why attempt to re-write actual history? - that is three short years after Muhammad's death that the armies of his Crescent moon invaded Christian Syria and Christian Palestine. It was in 638 A.D. that they captured Jerusalem & the Holy Sepulchre. It was in 640 A.D. that after conquering Persia, Armenia & Mesopotamia (present day-Iraq), they invaded Christian Egypt and overran Christian Maghreb (present-day Tunisia, Algeria & Morocco). Need I continue? Polygamist WarLord Muhammad of Yathrib breathes violence today from Iran to Indonesia, from Northern Nigeria & Darfur to Chechnya. The seventh-century Religion Of The Sword remaineth the twenty-first-century Religion Of The Sword. Why be cute about it?

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

I believe that Hal Lindsey damages his Prophetical insight in the eyes of many christians by his personal life.

Hal Lindsey is currently married to his fourth wife, having divorced his previous three. On the back cover of the sixth printing of his 1974 book, There's a New World Coming, is a picture of Lindsey with his second wife, Jan. (Jan is the mother of Hal's three grown daughters.) He also dedicates the book to "my best pal, my wife Jan ..." However, "best pal" Jan is gone from the back cover of the book's 1984 "updated" edition, as is the dedication to her. A later Lindsey' book, Planet Earth--2000 A.D. (18 million in circulation as of 1/95), carries a picture of Hal and his third wife, Kim, who is approximately 25 years his junior. (Kim is the sister of author Johanna Michaelsen, and the sister-in-law of Tetelestai Center's Associate Pastor, Randy Michaelsen.) After dumping Kim, Hal is now married to wife #4, JoLyn, a member of Tetelestai and in a Bible class taught by Lindsey when she was evidently "discovered" by Hal.

I realize this may upset some of you but a Christian does at least have to make some attempt to live a Holy, God pleasing life. Especially when they have the influence that Hal Lindsey has.

The truth is that if Hinn, Copeland or others were living the same lifestyle as lindsey the knives would really be out for them on these boards.

Perhaps the title of Hal's next book should be "There's A New Wife Coming".

On April 1, 2004, Lindsey used his WorldNetDaily column to promote the sale of shares in the Zion Oil and Gas Company, citing Biblical prophecy as a basis for suggesting that there was oil in Israel. Critics have pointed out that Lindsey failed to mention that one of the directors of Zion Oil was Ralph DeVore, a director of Lindsey's ministries, as well as his cousin. DeVore has since resigned from Zion Oil.