DaughterofKing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Please refrain from apologetics for or against the Catholic church. That was not the original intent of the OP

Hey Eric,

I just couldn't resist my good fiend, Horizons outburst! :whistling: You know me, I always defend the faith. I won't respond to Horizon again on this thread.......but it was just getting interesting! :P

Hee hee. Feel free to start a new one though if you want, as long as it is withing the parameters of the TOS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Well, these folks really utilize the teaching of watchman nee and witness Lee a lot in their church.

how are they off? What about them is cult like?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Dof K, I dont know whether you are genuine in your quest, because as I have said before you ask a lot of questions that jump from one topic to another and this time you have asked a doozie and there is, as far, as I know only one member of this board can truthfully answer your question. This thread should be in the apologetics forum. IMO.

cheers,

eric.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

(Isaiah 8:20) Scriptura Sola Bible Style

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

(Isaiah 28:9-10)

• 7 months later...

Ok so I had to drudge up this whole thread because I have the opportunity to go to this church that spawned this thread and Im not sure if I should. I mentioned the stuff that rattles me a little i.e. how they dress like the cast of little house on the prairie, how they cry out the Lord's name repeatedly, and how they read witness Lee and Watchman Nee a lot.....having said that, there is somthing about the church that I like too...so i dunno...

Are they weird? Should I not go to them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Edited cause I finally realized this wasnt the WoF thread.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

WATCHMAN NEE & WITNESS LEE

Miles J. Stanford

THE WITNESS LEE MOVEMENT

The large and noisy ruling assembly from which Lee governs all is titled "The Church in Los Angeles." He maintains that God is present only in the local assemblies--theirs, that is. All others are outside the will and blessing of God. He stresses that Christian "victory" is not gained by teaching, doctrine, or prayer, but by just four words of praise. The assemblies often repeat in unison, either spoken, sung, or shouted: "O Lord, Amen, Hallelujah!"

Lee's method of teaching and control is a definite form of brainwashing. All who join his assemblies are admonished to forget all the doctrine they ever knew, and submit to the ways and teachings of the Leeites. Some disgruntled open [Plymouth] Brethren have gone over to Lee, and because of a resemblance to the Children of God movement, many Jesus People have also joined the ranks.

the above two bolded statements, places it on the warning list...... "I have all the answers, and everyone else is wrong"..... personally, i would avoid them...... encounter them one on one, and show them the truth, for Christ is the "only way" not a single mans way.....

mike

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I went to a church that-before every prayer they would say "oh Lord Jesus! Oh Lord Jesus! " over and over like 3-5 times before each prayer before each prayer.

Also most people in that church go to a bible school that requires the women to wear skirts because its more feminine I assume.

Are they weird?

"wierd" is a matter of opinion. I only wear skirts (unless I'm climbing, and then often I just put shorts under my skirts). I don't think I've ever been really vocal before or after prayer, that's not my deal. but...

there is a certain amount of wierdness, if you like, which can be in the Body of Christ and not make the people doing it cultic or the church doing it a cult. It depends upon the doctrines being taught (cults have heterodox doctrines or have an abnormal focus on one point to the exclusion or detriment of others) and the social construction of the congregation (how is authority perceived, how is the outside world seen, etc)

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Well, these folks really utilize the teaching of watchman nee and witness Lee a lot in their church.

Well, then, I'd run and run fast. These people are not doctrinally sound in the least.