• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

These are some things I learned while going through a Bible study put together by a good bud of mine, Dan Webster.

O Lord, who may abide in Thy tent? Who may dwell on Thy holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the LORD; He swears to his own hurt, and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Psalm 15:1-5 NASB

I remember as a kid, all of us wanting to hang out with the person who was the most popular in the school. One thing you learned quickly: if you wanted to hang out with the big-dog, there were certain hoops you needed to jump through. There were certain rules for behavior that would place you in the

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

hang out with GOD .. well i dont know about hanging out but the bible says who shall stand in the holy place... he that hath clean hads and a pure heart. that is how we hang out with GOD as you call it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

great post ericH, i plan to start work on psalm 15 first thing tomorrow.

note to eddieb regarding this quote: "Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." - i remember a while back whenever i read that verse, i thought of the law being dead and thus could never reconcile to myself faith versus the law. but then i finally realized that the law is not dead, i'm dead. in order to marry Christ and not be an adulterer, either the Law or I had to die and biblically, it could never be the law.

and so in case someone else needs to hear this, Christ being the fulfillment of the law became so real once i got those blinders off. even a simple command like don't lie contains layers upon layers. erich's #1, 3, 9, 11 all touch on the truth issue and there are more, many (or maybe even most) having to do with the lies we tell ourselves. i guess that's why the psalmist speaks of truth in our heart and so yes 'against such there is no law' when Christ is at our shoulder fulfilling that very law and writing it in our hearts.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

1. We need to walk with integrity. That means we don

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I'm curious...I think people have varying opinions on what 'hanging out with God' means...so everyone, what activities do you consider to be spending time with God?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I'm curious...I think people have varying opinions on what 'hanging out with God' means...so everyone, what activities do you consider to be spending time with God?

this is not a matter of certain 'activities'. this is a matter of being with God at all times. God is omnipresent, is He not? granted, that's a word we don't hear much anymore along with omniscient and omnipotent.

so God holds all power, knows all things and is always there. all of your time is with God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Bumped.

This is a wonderful study.

David hung out with God, but even in the Psalms, we can see he had his faults. :emot-hug:

I believe God allowed this(his Biblical testimony) for the purpose to show His children that we don't have to be perfect(in fact, we can't)

to have a good relationship with God.

:24:

My first thought when I read this were on how Abraham was

"the friend of God"...

It is comforting to know His friends were not always perfect in all their actions but they did strive to please Him...

Praise God for His forgiveness when we do sin.

I am of the mind that while I am yet breathing I am hanging out with God..

Good times... bad times... all times...

He fills all, Yes!

Like parents "hang out" with their children.... :laugh:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." is how I describe "hanging out with God".

To truly love God is to seek Him in everything we do. Once you "taste and see that the Lord is good" you can do nothing else but seek Him in everything.

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I do not know what the original poster meant. To 'Hang out with God' to me means being a friend of God. There is a time Jesus wants us just to sup and be with Him. Anyone can hang out with God who knows Him or want to know Him. God loves when we minister to him. There is a time to be in reverence, a time to be jovial and have a good time with Him...and in Him. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

7. We do not love the wrong people. We learn to hate what God hates. We do not hold people up who do things that displease God. We don