• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Don't worry about what Jesus or God will do/say SO LONG AS you try to be a good person. The Lord will be understanding, I trust.

I tried to be good enough on my own; it didn't work.

I needed the BLOOD of Christ. He is my Redeemer. He is my Savior. He is my Lord. ONLY through HIM can I approach the Father.

We better FEAR God. It is HIS TRUTH that we seek and the source is HIS Word and Spirit.

TRUST only in God's Word as the Holy Spirit gives understanding; not a feeling.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

that nasty old lady with the blue hair;

ROTFL, your church has one too??? :noidea::b::)

Watch it, :noidea: you may become one someday. :thumbsup:

Mrs. SE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I already don't attend church very regularly. In reality, worthyboards is the closest thing to a church family that I really have right now. The pain I'm referring to here wasn't inflicted by a specific church. What triggered it this time was something that happened here. But I won't go into it. I just thought I'd point that out since some of you seem to think this happened at a particular "church". While yes, I've had my share of disappointments there too, that's not where it happened this time. I guess the wounds just go really deep, and I'm tired of "little things" just re-opening those old wounds. The Body of Christ is supposed to be a place of mending and healing. A place where you're safe, where you can at least count on one another. Even if correction is necessary, it should be a safe place where you know you're loved. I've been corrected here before and disciplined for stupid things I've done, but I still felt love and knew that it was for redemptive purposes...not to harm me (when done by those who have relationship with me). But when people who don't know me, and who have never attempted to know me, start attacking me (all in the name of Christ), without ever even seeking to understand where I'm coming from (and all apparently so they can appear "righteous" in front of others)...this is what sickens me about so-called believers. They project this image for others to see, but under-neath they really only care for those who they can use and manipulate to make themselves look good. If their "projects" play along (or unwittingly play into their plan to look "holy") then they receive the praise, encouragement and pats on the back for everyone to see. But if you aren't useful to them, or you see through their games, you become a target that they want to destroy. I'm not making this up, I've experienced it firsthand.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Pity, no way girl, but sorrow and love and much prayer!

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Tess, As you grow in the Lord and in maturity, you will begin to get a feel where to cast your pearls and where not to cast your pearls.

You don't always have to put yourself in the position to be ripped to shreads, although theres plenty of people who are ready and willing to oblige.

You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em....lol :noidea:

Well said, Jamie. I'm still learning this concept myself. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I already don't attend church very regularly. In reality, worthyboards is the closest thing to a church family that I really have right now. The pain I'm referring to here wasn't inflicted by a specific church. What triggered it this time was something that happened here.

I knew that, Sis. I knew what you were referring to...bless your heart. Please don't leave us and just blow off folks that are insensitive. There's plenty of them...anywhere you go.

1 Thess 5:22 Hold on to the good; avoid every kind of evil.

Keep the good; hold tight to true friendships. Just avoid those who poison the spirit.

Love in Christ, Cats

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Tess!

I've been trying to think best how to answer this, and I came to the conclusion that there are times conversing over the internet like this just doesn't do any justice to anyone!

And that's a lot of the problem with how people handle debates on this Board. It's a lot easier to see ideas than it is to see the person behind the ideas. When you are in a face-to-face discussion, you can see the person, sense the person, observe the body language, know how the person is reacting, etc. On the Board - you don't get any of that. It's a lot easier to be rude and arrogant beause, after all, it's just cyber-space. And then, of course, it's so easy for someone to lie about who they are, and after having enough of those exposed (and several have - at least behind the scenes), it becomes easy to suspect everyone.

But I know what you mean about getting hurt on the Board. I've gotten hurt time and time again. Unfortunately, no one knows you're hurt unless you say something, because . . . how can anyone know? But I've had to step away from certain threads and even certain forums because I couldn't take it anymore. I've even had to step away from the Board for a time.

What keeps me coming back are the ones I've developed friendships with. Why leave them because of some pea-brain? You know?

So, the first question is: do you feel like you can approach this person (these people) in some way to let them know they hurt you? They may be living in honest ignorance over this.

The next question is: are the blessings of interacting here greater than the pains?

I don't know if this is meeting your need or not, since I don't know the exact circumstance that led you to this. So, I appologize if I'm totally missing the point.

But I do pray you find healing and growth from all this.

The Lord's shalom to you!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well I don't think the Internet is safe, including Christian posting boards. This is a good board, I really like it, I really like posting here, and I think I would really like most people here if I knew you all. But the bottom line is I don't really know anybody on this board, not really. We can get glimpses, but that is about it, communication itself is about 1/2 non-verbal, so we are missing at least half of what people are really saying, that is just the nature of this mode of communication, and no disrespect to the good Christians who have designed and run this board.

People are people, we are not made holy by conversion, and we are going to run into Christians that we can't stand, and I think that God planned it that way. It is a way for us to practice humility to love those we don't want to love to love those who use us to look good or to say nasty things to us in a hidden way, it is part of our cross to bear. Christ bore much much worse and we are to conform our lives to His.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Well everytime I turn around ppl are making snide remarks and veiled accusations. Sometimes they're not even all that veiled. And you guys wonder why I want to renounce christianity? We can pat ourselves on the back all day long about being "accepting" and "loving" and "polite". But when so-called believers are allowed to treat other believers with little jabs, instigating trouble and starting arguments...that isn't love. No matter how "nicely" it's done. I'm tired of being provoked and then getting in trouble when I respond out of my pain. If anyone really cares, they'll take a moment out of correcting me for my anger and address the issue behind it.