apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

PIERRE, S.D. (BP)--In a direct challenge to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, the South Dakota House of Representatives easily passed a bill Feb. 9 that would ban nearly all abortions in the state.

The bill passed by a vote of 47-22 and now goes to the state Senate, where a vote is expected to be tight. Ten of the Senate's 35 members are sponsors. It is not known whether Gov. Mike Rounds, a pro-life Republican, would sign it.

Link

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe if it makes it into law it will cause other states to get involved...... who knows in this climate of world happenings. It is good to hear positive things coming out of government offices....... I wish it was here...... maybe I should talk to our congressman again.......

Sam

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Maybe every state should ban abortion. Maybe there would be less unwanted pregnancies.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

This will be fun and instructive to watch!

Where are all the "nay-sayers" that always complain about politicians never standing up and trying to challenge the Supreme Court on this issue? WHere are they now to tell us the republicans are only using it as a voting mechanism?

:emot-heartbeat:

Guest truespirit

"Maybe if it makes it into law it will cause other states to get involved"

That wouldn't surprise me at all, really. SD is right in the middle of the heartland. ND, Nebraska, Wymoming, Montana, Iowa, Oklahoma and Kansas aren't too far away.

This decision is to be celebrated by all Christians, which goes without saying.

That said, I am also hopeful that those that support the decision (Christians) also remember to acknowledge the poverty situation that's at work in so many of these situations where young women make this type of horrible decision.

I am very much against abortion, don't get me wrong. However, it also seems to me that there is some hypocrisy at work in certain circles when it comes to this very important issue.

While abortion is always to be looked down upon as a Christian, we mustn't forget some of the personal backgrounds of those that would ever seek out such, either. That's not to excuse pre marital sex, etc, not whatsoever.

Yet, when it comes to the dozens of teenagers approaching these clinics each and every day in cities like NY and CA, how many of them were raised in Christian homes? How many come from extreme poverty, etc?

Again, abortion must never be tolerated. On the same hand, however, when it comes to the droves of corporate CEO's in this country that rally around a specific matter to "Look good," but yet take no action to truly embrace those that have fallen to such a degree that they would ever resort to doing anything like this, when those with extreme wealth that speak of Christianity could be doing something to help.....

I by no means am ignoring free will or taking lightly that which is actual murder (Abortion), but at the same time, I think the Lord has given some the ability to understand the nature of the backgrounds many of these people go through that can lead to that type of decision making. The devil has a network in place when it comes to sin, and the pathways that can lead to the wrong decision making. Meaning, while there is undoubtedly sin to be found in the act of abortion and all of the selfishness that comes with it, I'm not so sure that some (Christians with economic means to do something about it) get a free pass on this one, either.

If you had millions of dollars in a savings account and one day you drove past one of these clinics and u noticed a young women approaching one of them, what would you do? What if, by embracing them, both spiritually and doing what could be done financially, the soul of the mother could be saved, allowing for the child to be born?

Saying what I have here doesn't mean I believe that a free pass should be granted for the mother-regardless of the circumstances involved in these cases, there is always adoption. Poor, rich, whatever the personal circumstances may be, that option is ALWAYS available.

At the same time, however, if that's not enough, if there are still abortions occuring in this country, than it seems to me that Christians do have a choice on the matter. If abortion is an ongoing problem, that means there are still children to be saved, regardless of the mother's will/heart.

That seems like the top priority, doesn't it? To save the child? Or is our duty only to pat ourselves on the back in these situations for "Believing that abortion is wrong." Clearly it is, but what can be done from there? That would be my only question.

Edited by truespirit

"Maybe if it makes it into law it will cause other states to get involved"

That wouldn't surprise me at all, really. SD is right in the middle of the heartland. ND, Nebraska, Wymoming, Montana, Iowa, Oklahoma and Kansas aren't too far away.

This decision is to be celebrated by all Christians, which goes without saying.

That said, I am also hopeful that those that support the decision (Christians) also remember to acknowledge the poverty situation that's at work in so many of these situations where young women make this type of horrible decision.

I am very much against abortion, don't get me wrong. However, it also seems to me that there is some hypocrisy at work in certain circles when it comes to this very important issue.

While abortion is always to be looked down upon as a Christian, we mustn't forget some of the personal backgrounds of those that would ever seek out such, either. That's not to excuse pre marital sex, etc, not whatsoever.

Yet, when it comes to the dozens of teenagers approaching these clinics each and every day in cities like NY and CA, how many of them were raised in Christian homes? How many come from extreme poverty, etc?

Again, abortion must never be tolerated. On the same hand, however, when it comes to the droves of corporate CEO's in this country that rally around a specific matter to "Look good," but yet take no action to truly embrace those that have fallen to such a degree that they would ever resort to doing anything like this, when those with extreme wealth that speak of Christianity could be doing something to help.....

I by no means am ignoring free will or taking lightly that which is actual murder (Abortion), but at the same time, I think the Lord has given some the ability to understand the nature of the backgrounds many of these people go through that can lead to that type of decision making. The devil has a network in place when it comes to sin, and the pathways that can lead to the wrong decision making. Meaning, while there is undoubtedly sin to be found in the act of abortion and all of the selfishness that comes with it, I'm not so sure that some (Christians with economic means to do something about it) get a free pass on this one, either.

If you had millions of dollars in a savings account and one day you drove past one of these clinics and u noticed a young women approaching one of them, what would you do? What if, by embracing them, both spiritually and doing what could be done financially, the soul of the mother could be saved, allowing for the child to be born?

Saying what I have here doesn't mean I believe that a free pass should be granted for the mother-regardless of the circumstances involved in these cases, there is always adoption. Poor, rich, whatever the personal circumstances may be, that option is ALWAYS available.

At the same time, however, if that's not enough, if there are still abortions occuring in this country, than it seems to me that Christians do have a choice on the matter. If abortion is an ongoing problem, that means there are still children to be saved, regardless of the mother's will/heart.

That seems like the top priority, doesn't it? To save the child? Or is our duty only to pat ourselves on the back in these situations for "Believing that abortion is wrong." Clearly it is, but what can be done from there? That would be my only question.

:thumbsup:

I would suggest reading "Walk On" about U2 (specifically Bono), as well as any book by Wittmer (specifically Heaven is a Place on Earth), Pearcey, Schaeffer, or Guinness. You are refering to the Cultural Mandate....we are called to build and change our culture by engaging it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I think the Supreme Court will continue to strike down almost anything that would limit abortions. All of these guys (and gals) were educated at the same radical Leftist law schools, and believe OUR laws must take precedence over GOD'S LAWS......

On four separate cases our much 'Right to Life' touted Alito, ruled in favor of our legal precedent FOR abortion, and against God's "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

News like this just make me very hopeful. I just wish more politicians would stand up for what they know is right.