jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Are there those who still believe Elijah will come again? Didn't Jesus refer to John the Baptist as that messenger?

"And if you will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come." Matthew 11:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Are there those who still believe Elijah will come again? Didn't Jesus refer to John the Baptist as that messenger?

"And if you will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come." Matthew 11:14

Just as John the Baptist was "Elijah", I believe that if there is another Elijah to prepare the way of the Lord's return then it will be some other person with the "spirit and power of Elijah" - just like John the Baptist - but not be Elijah himself.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I believe John the Baptist was the one spoken of as Elijah (I do receive it), however, in the book of Revelation it speaks of two witnesses. It is my belief that one is Enoch and one is Elijah. The reason is because neither of these two men tasted physical death. The Bible says it is appointed unto men once to die and then the judgement. They will both be killed during the tribulation and later resurrected.

Hummmm, thats interesting, I had heard before that Elijah and Enoch were possibly the 2 witnesses, but who ever told me this didn't continue with the rest of your statement. It would have made more sense to me if they had, your reasoning seems sound to me! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I believe John the Baptist was the one spoken of as Elijah (I do receive it), however, in the book of Revelation it speaks of two witnesses. It is my belief that one is Enoch and one is Elijah. The reason is because neither of these two men tasted physical death. The Bible says it is appointed unto men once to die and then the judgement. They will both be killed during the tribulation and later resurrected.

I have heard that teaching before, however, I don't see it wrttten in the word. If the reason given was because those two walked with God and were not, that, too, does not hold water as the church itself is a type of Enoch and one day many of us will be caught up to heaven. So, why then does it have to be Elijah or Enoch? Why not one of the saints caught up in the twinkling of an eye? Plus, Elijah and Enoch never got to see the promise fulfilled as did those who have received Christ and the power to witness by His Spirit.

Not trying to start a big discussion here. It's really not that important to know all that. The Lord would have told us who the witnesses were if it was. Just wondered about Elijah.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Is there any reason to believe its enoch or elijah? Not every man will die. what of rapture? Those people wont die.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/22/1981

Moses???

Jude 1:9-But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Why would there de a dispute over Moses' body?, maybe i am "way off" but it is interesting on the topic of the witnesses...

Andrew :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/22/1981

Moses???

Jude 1:9-But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Why would there de a dispute over Moses' body?, maybe i am "way off" but it is interesting on the topic of the witnesses...

Andrew :emot-pray:

ISAIAH 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

ZECHARIAH 4:14 Then said he, These [are] the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

LUKE 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

LUKE 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

I belive that Moses, and Elias to be the 2 witnesses. For they were witnesses of the transfiguration. The Lord of The Whole Earth, is Jesuschrist. Satan may be the prince, but God is Lord!.

Edited by Museed

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/18/1984

Deu 34:6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulcher unto this day.

That is God buried Moses, lest the children of Isreal should superstitiously worship his grave.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

Regarding Elijah:

First for John the Baptist (JB):

Luke 1:13-17 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. 14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. 16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:19-23 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Now let's look at what Jesus said:

Matt 11:10-14 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

It is important to understand that JB came "in the SPIRIT AND POWER of Elias", and this is what Jesus was referring to.

Now as for the "coming again of Elias (Elijah)", Jesus said this:

Matthew 17:9-12 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. 10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? 11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. 12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Notice the change in MISSION of the coming Elijah SPIRIT! He must "restore all things", instead of preparing the way of the Lord as had JB done. So it is the SPIRIT that shall come.

Now without going into a lot of scripture and detail, the TWO WITNESSES are both FILLED WITH THE POWER OF ELIJAH. Elijah was known as the "prophet of fire", so take a look at this verse:

Revelation 11:5-6 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Sounds just like Elijah??? Doesn't it???

Those will be the days when God's saints are united in one faith, will be set apart from the world AND WILL BE FILLED WITH THE POWER OF ELIJAH!

Blessings,

Dad Ernie