• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi everybody,

Instead of debating something  why don't we start discussing people from the Bible and discover how they lived, their weaknesses and their strenghts and everything what is interesting about them.

Anybody suggest who we start with?

Angels

(woman)

Shall we start with Eve also?She is the mother of all of us.

What were her strenghts and accomplishments?

Her weakenesses and misstakes?

Can we learn something from her?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Ok sis...here goes:

My thoughts....hmmmmm, why did Satan speak ONLY to Eve???  Possibly because he saw how Adam loved her and listened to her gentle counsel.  As the devil cunningly considered the couple, he decided (don't get mad with me fellas) that Eve was the partner with influence, and that Asdam could be persuaded if only Eve could be deceived (1 Timothy 2:14).

Sad to say the devil was right, but the pity was that Eve used her influence for harm and not good.  That the wife should have had so much influence over her husband was no critcism, but a compliment.  It ought, however, to have HUMBLED her and driven her to her knees in earnest prayer that she might indeed be a "help meet" for him.  My own wife has said that to be loved by a good man brings responsibilities as well as pleasure, responsibilities so great that only deep dependence on GOD can be sufficient.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Men can be influenced by women?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's the most outrageous thing I've ever heard! :noidea:

In all seriousness. A friend of mine has a theory about how satan fooled Eve. The hypothesis is that Eve couldn't have been in the garden for very long before she was tempted. The reasoning here is that she did not yet realize that serpents couldn't talk. The Bible does not say that she was shocked or surprised by a talking serpent.

Just something to think about.

That is interesting Wisdom because what the serpent was offering basically was Power and knowledge. Now when I look at politicians and such of our day it is more men seeking this than women. So it would make more sense to me to go after that desire in the man. But and I also don't mean this in any bad way, women do have great infuence over a man if the man truly loves them. Could it also be Adam was closer in a real sense to God and was torn between his love for the two. His father and his wife? So much to ponder.

Love in Christ

Shilou

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Next woman.....hmmmmm, how about Jezebel??

Maybe we can go a little more indept about Eve?

The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam,not made out of his head to rule over him,nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him,under his arm to be protected and near to his heart to be loved.

Eve the mother of all living.

Gen 1:27-28 God created Adam and Eve both in His own image.

Gen.2:18 God said, it is not good for the man to be alone and I will make a helper suitable for him.

Gen 2:20-25 The man gave names to all the cattle all the birds and every beast of the earth.

After that God took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place and God created the woman.

(Do you know that men still have 1 rib less than women?) Correct me if not.

Gen.3:1-20 The serpent told Eve that she woudn't die if she ate from the tree of good and evil.It would be for her own good,so she would be like God, knowing good and evil.

Adam who was with her ate also  the forbidden fruit.Then their eyes were opened and they knew they were nakened ,they sewed figleaves together and made themself loin coverings.

They were hiding themself from the Lord and the man blamed the woman and the woman blamed the serpent for decieving them.

Everything before they sinned was so new and refreshing,the water was sparkling clean the air they breathed was unspoiled.

Their marrige was perfect and they had fellowship with the Lord.

Then she had to make a choice and she decidedto listen to the devil by eating from the forbidden fruit.

Satan's first blow was succesful,and that moment their life changed.

God called Adam responsible since he was the head of the family.  Through he was present when Eve commited the sin, he did not stop her.In fact he blamed her and said the woman you gave me ...made me sin.

Eve past the quilt on to someone else too,she blamed the serpent instead of admitting that she accepted his offer.

She failed the  test offered to her as a human beingto obey God out of voluntarily love.

Judgement followed ,tthey had to leave the garden and the entire world was cursed.

Eve who had completed Gods creation -was the last link to happiness on earth and had thrown it away by her disobedience.

Joy of motherhood would be tempered by pain and trouble.

Adam would now rule over her .

And their result of sinning was death.

Far worse then natural death was spirituel death.

Satan tries to move every person against God just as he did with Eve.

The result of their sinning will continue until the new Kingdom.

Every person will be warned not to follow Eve's exemple.Eve provides a frightening exemple.

What do you think is the most important warning in her life story?

How does this effect our lifes personally??