• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

We are instructed by Christ to love the church.

We are instructed by our Lord to love the Body ("one another") or "Church" (the called out ones) NOT the religious institution we call the "church".

As far as apostacy is concerned just take a look at just about and "church" and you'll see plenty. IMO the Lord is grieved because the religious institution has done more to divide the Body and render it ineffective than the Enemy could ever have hoped for. Jesus did not found the "church". He called out a group of followers. The religious institution was founded by men apparently to fulfill a need for something tangible in place of an invisible God.

Edited by His Ambassador

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Re-read this until you are sure you understand what I'm saying...thats not an arrogant statement that I'm the wisest one in the thread...It is however, a preparation for you to follow to the end what I'm saying. Then if you dissagree with me you will actually know specifically at one point in my thought development that you separate with me.

Let's say I join a church as a discerning believer with an active prayer life, and am a student of the Word. As I get involved with this church I see corruption or false doctrine or a lack of depth in the church that was not apparent to me before I joined. I have a responsibility to the Kingdom of God to confront and challenge this body as the Holy Spirit gives me opportunity. In fact, I may have been sent to effect change in this church as God's catalyst for change. Let's say, that the Holy Spirit releases me from this assignment and I move to another church...and another church...and another church. Doesn't it seem logical if there is no viable church in the community in which to participate in, that this may be a directive to plant a church. If you are knowledgeable enough to judge the ineffectiveness of the churches in your community you should be knowledgeable enough to start a home church. If this is not an option, I believe the only one left is to abandon the community and go where there is a legitimate church. The bottom line, are you sherking the responsibility by being a self-imposed church orphan? I'm finding a lot of people here who feel they can interpret and argue Scripture and Christian history,but are submitted to no church. But can't see the obvious fact, that the church is the instrument God is using until He returns. Imperfect, due to the wolves among the sheep...what kind of love would an under shepherd have for the sheep if he abandoned them to save himself the aggravation of personal involvement in a tense situation? Paul and Peter warned that there is an attack from within coming. Their instruction was not to abandon the ship but to stay in there and fight for its purity. This is the fight you will be rewarded for by participating in as a representative of truth. Where would we be if Wycliff, Tyndall,Huss, Luther, Bonhoeffer decided to drop out rather than stay in the game?

Edited by David from New Bern