IGNORED

Confused

Guest Nicole_Se

Guest Nicole_Se

I am 20 and confused in a way. I was raised in a Baptist family(on one side) and Lutheran(on another), but I live in a Catholic Environment. I have a rosary hanging on my wall next to my bed where i rest my head. I am trying to check out information on becoming a catholic, what they believe in, how I can learn my way. If anyone is out there please help me. I am a christian, I do believe, but I am lost at the moment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I am 20 and confused in a way. I was raised in a Baptist family(on one side) and Lutheran(on another), but I live in a Catholic Environment. I have a rosary hanging on my wall next to my bed where i rest my head. I am trying to check out information on becoming a catholic, what they believe in, how I can learn my way. If anyone is out there please help me. I am a christian, I do believe, but I am lost at the moment.

When I read this I simultaneously became aware of how wonderful the internet is and yet how limited it is? Wonderful that you knew where to address a question like this? But, also aware you've got a larger than life task before you and no idea who to turn to first or who to believe in a world of seemingly conflicting information. First, Nicole I will be praying for you. I trust the Holy Spirit who evidently is working in your life will get you to who and where you need to be. Second, understand that my next questions are ones that should not be offensive to a believer or seeker. What do you understand being a Christian to mean? Is there an experience that has led to you to your current desire for more information than your upbringing has given you? I'm trying to figure out what the Hly Spirit is already doing in your life. I encourage you to PM me anytime or communicate with me here. It would probably be only fair to mention to you that I am a Baptist pastor. However, I am a Christian first and foremost and a student of God's Word the Bible and I will try to answer your questions and concerns as objective as possible.

David

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

LIttle Sister: I am an accredited Roman Catholic Theologian....who is NOT a Roman Catholic. In other words, I have a very good grasp of Roman belief and practice, but am not bound by oath to defend it! I am a Priest and Rector of a parish in the Charismatic Episcopal Church.

Ask away dear one. I'm sure Pastor David and I can give you a pretty full perspective.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

My take on it is that in the end denominations do not matter - what matters is that we all accept Jesus as the only way through which we receive salvation. I couldn't tell you the differences between them since I do not know much on the subject, but I'm sure there are plenty who do if you need to know.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Nicole Se,

If you seek the Truth with sincerity, you will find it. Guaranteed. And there are some very fine individuals here at Worthy that sincerely love the Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke 11

"9": And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

"10": For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Peace.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Confused,

You don't have to be confused. The Lord has all your answers dear one. :24: While it is neccesary to be in a community of Faith filled believers and we are not abstain from such for our own edification. The community is not what matters the most. Although some communities of Faith add to your relationship with Christ. Thus the community and not the relationship you started with then become the most imporatnt factor. This I would stay far away from.

The Bible indicates that Christ cares for you. That He died for you at just the Right time. While you were yet in sin. That this has Saved you not even of your own merit, but of His. His Work too in calling you to Himself. With your Free Will you Have Glorified His Holy Name. By choosing to Worship Him.

In all of this the larger point is that He has desired to know you and you He. He is looking for an intimate relationship with you dear one.

Therefore investigate thoroughly the various creeds of the various denominations. Any one that places an institution or set of works between you and He should probably be avoided. :emot-nod:

David cried this while still in sin;

Ps

Edited by Matthitjah

Guest Nicole_Se

Yes, the search engine does help in many times of need, especially from myself being a college student. I appreciate your help first and foremost. I will like to point out that no offense will be taken in reguarding this subject, simply because its something that I am looking for guidance in. Being a Christian in my eyes is understanding that there is a higher being, that there is a creator of the heavens and earth. When it comes to the question of experiences though, I lack in that department. My entire family is full of Christian believers, some pastors, and most of all people that believe that Sunday is the day of worship. I have taken myself to different places of worship, rather it be Lutheran, Non-Denominational, Catholic, Bretheran, or Baptist. I find myself praying morn and night.. looking for guidance, self worth, some form of completeness that I have been lacking. I know that my age is full of questioning, I self study rather than go to church, and I understand that if your open to discussion it will benifit one to the biggest extent. Any help you can give me would be wonderful. Thank you again.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Nicole;

Being a Christian in my eyes is understanding that there is a higher being, that there is a creator of the heavens and earth.

Alot of people believe that there is a higher power and that there is a Creator. This does not guarentee them heaven. Being a Christian would be understanding that Christ is that Power. He is God. It would be taking Him at His Word and believing by Faith that He has undertaken the atonment of your sin.

What do you believe to be True about Jesus Christ? :wub:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Grace to you,

Nicole;

Being a Christian in my eyes is understanding that there is a higher being, that there is a creator of the heavens and earth.

Alot of people believe that there is a higher power and that there is a Creator. This does not guarentee them heaven. Being a Christian would be understanding that Christ is that Power. He is God. It would be taking Him at His Word and believing by Faith that He has undertaken the atonment of your sin.

What do you believe to be True about Jesus Christ? :rolleyes:

Peace,

Dave

were getting closer :rolleyes: even the devil knows God's real, and he knows that Christ is all powerful and that Jesus has undertaken the atonment of our sins... but hes not a Christian.

A Christian = A follower of Christ the anointed one.

Follow Him daily, take up your cross and follow Him. Read the Word, Pray and Praise and Worship Him all the days of your life, doing what is pleasing to Him and required of us according to His word.

i think thats what being a Christian is. (in VERY short explanation :rolleyes: )

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm sure you can do a Google search using the term Roman Catholic and get tons of info. As a former Roman Catholic, I would like to warn you that the Catholic Church is steeped in ceremonial practice and gives great weight to church tradition along with the Bible. They consider church tradition and Scripture to be of equal importance.

SLE