• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I was thinking, a dangerous pastime I know. I was thinking about Satan and why so many people get up in arms about Jesus. I have heard many stories about peoples reactions when told about accepting Jesus. I would, at one point, talk to people about spirituality(even with Christian undertones) yet get a very non-chalant "Good luck on your journey" type feedback. And have heard likewise from others. Yet mention accepting Jesus. And all Hell(pardon the french) breaks loose. My group leader Abe at Messiahs Lighthouse tells of the time his brother held a gun to his head. That's scary.

So if Yoda(Star Wars:The Phantom Menace) is right and "Fear Leads to Anger. Anger Leads to Hate. Hate Leads to Suffering."

It would appear that Abe's brother went through these stages.

So the question is this. Does Satan know that Jesus is the truth? And does he fear the truth so much that he sows seeds of fear, anger, and hatred into people? This in an effort to blind people to the truth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So the question is this. Does Satan know that Jesus is the truth? And does he fear the truth so much that he sows seeds of fear, anger, and hatred into people? This in an effort to blind people to the truth.

Of course Satan knows Jesus is the truth.

The Devil knows he's already lost, but in his pride he is trying to destroy whatever he can while he is still free to do so. He refuses to repent, refuses to cease his rebellion against God, even though he knows he can't win. He is simply trying to take as many souls with him, angel or human, makes not a whit of difference to him, because in his pride he wants to cause as much hurt to God and to God's creation as he possibly can. Its sort of an, "If I go down, I'm taking everyone else with me," attitude.

I completely agree... Have you read the back of the Bible? it says that WE WIN!

Satan has none since he got kicked out of heaven that He has a limited amount of time on the earth... He is going to do everything that he possibly can to mess up as many lives as possible!

Jennifer

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Indeed the devil knows.

James 2

"19": Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Peace.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

We always forget from where satan had been Banished from.

Satan was actually Lucifer who was a Archangel banished from heaven.

Should he not know the bible like the back of his had.

Basically he is an evil bible scholar.

When Jesus was in the desert,Satan tempted him with Bible verses!(Like the common misinterpretations nowadays or using verses to suit their lifestyles) .

But Jesus knew better.So ...watch out...for people will come with extensive knowledge of the gospel(Jehovah Witnesses,Universalists) but they are not of the Truth.

Your Brother in Christ - AlanRaj

Edited by alanraj

• Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Well it's good to know for certain. But why does Satan bother if he knows the end results? Is he so blinded that he thinks he can win?

Will G-d ever forgive Satan/Lucifer if he repents?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I'm going to submit a theory that might make some uncomfortable, and even cause some to lash out.

The Devil either doesn't know, or at the very least doesn't believe, that he will lose. Narcissism is an extreme self love, so much so that a person will ignore all the truths of the world in order to conform to the world he or she has created within the mind. Since all sin is doing what we want absent of God's Will, all of us are narcissists in some fashion. Satan, being evil, would be an extreme case. This would explain why he works to prevent people from comming to Jesus, rendering Christians useless, trying to kill Christians...he doesn't know he's lost, or at least he doesn't believe it.

Regardless, most people lash out about Christ because it would force them to acknowledge they are sinners and lost from a Holy God. To them, if Jesus exists, then their lifestyle must cease.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well it's good to know for certain. But why does Satan bother if he knows the end results? Is he so blinded that he thinks he can win?

Will G-d ever forgive Satan/Lucifer if he repents?

We know from Scripture that Satan isn't going to repent-he's going to keep right on attempting to drag people into Hell until he's banished to Hell. As far as if God would forgive him? I think the answer has to be "no." Remember, Satan is the father of all sin and we know that there is such a thing as an "unpardonable sin (blasphemy against the Holy Ghost)" and we know that at the very least that Satan or one of his co-hort demons is guilty of tempting the Pharisees to committ that sin.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

In scripture it says that Satan knows his time is short and thus he is very mad, and will take that hate out on us.

In scripture it says that Satan knows his time is short and thus he is very mad, and will take that hate out on us.

Where in scripture does it say that?

Where in scripture does it say that?

Obviously you didnt' read the thread, because I quoted it in my post... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OBVIOUSLY you have no skills in interpretation because not a single one of those verses says, "Satan knows his time is short and has known it for a while." OBVIOUSLY this is a prophetic book talking about his revelation of a short time occuring after he has been cast out of Heaven. OBVIOUSLY Satan is still in Heaven accusing people (note Job). OBVIOUSLY Satan must believe he still has a chance to win and will not recognize he is defeated until the end. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would have more patience with others, but when you state, "obviously you didn't read the thread" I take that as an insult.