• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nebula, I apologize if I offended you . . .

Appology accepted.

I was merely quoting a verse from Holy Writ that admonishes me, as well as everyone else that we should be watching and praying that that day would not over take us unawares. . . .

But what if you are wrong?

I know you believe your studies have led you to the correct conclusion - but with so many interpretations going around, I personally find it difficult to believe anyone has actually got it.

Prophecy and dream interpreting is a very rare gift.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is funny (the odd type).

I'm listening to an episode of The Journey who's title is "Last Day's Flu". The host seems to have develped the same kind of feelings I have on this topic. He's been around so many making so many prophecy iterpretations out of the latest headlines - all of which so far have been found wrong - that he's seen the futility of it.

IF anyone is interested in listening, the link is here - note this will only be up for the rest of this week.

BTW -

THE JOURNEY with Tom Dooley is a 2-hr. daily Christian music/talk radio program and a 3-hr. weekend show heard on over 200 stations. This unique broadcast combines the worlds of contemporary Christian music and literature with commentary from Tom. The focus is the ministry of discipleship and encouragement.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I'm still quite satisfied with Rome - and all associate nations cowtowing now to the Vatican's call for "unity" - as Mystery Babylon in Revelation 17. Rome will not stand alone; she will have many associates (Protestant & secular too) aligned against the Word of God, but all subordinate to the whims & nostrums of pagan & increasingly abusive Roman Catholicism, its unscriptural tenets, Vatican and papacy. "Drunk with the blood of the servants of Christ" indeed!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

But what if you are wrong?

What if I am not? I must adhered to what I have prayerfully sought out and believe to be most correct.

I know you believe your studies have led you to the correct conclusion - but with so many interpretations going around, I personally find it difficult to believe anyone has actually got it.

Prophecy and dream interpreting is a very rare gift.

I don

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I'm still quite satisfied with Rome - and all associate nations cowtowing now to the Vatican's call for "unity" - as Mystery Babylon in Revelation 17. Rome will not stand alone; she will have many associates (Protestant & secular too) aligned against the Word of God, but all subordinate to the whims & nostrums of pagan & increasingly abusive Roman Catholicism, its unscriptural tenets, Vatican and papacy. "Drunk with the blood of the servants of Christ" indeed!

You didn

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I sure wish people would support their statements and not do drive-by postings.

:wub:

Talk about a catch .22

For one, I was told not to debate....but now, you want me to?

Make up your mind.

As it is, I substantiated my posts long ago and no one responded. Why? Because....*drum roll*....it actually uses proper exegesis! :wub:

But wait, that's not all! Tell them what else they won....an absurdly long, should have something better to do with his time, essay I wrote on the issue! :):wub::P

(I'm also not trying to be a jerk...just trying to be funny....and let's face it, it's a pretty jerky thing to say you don't want to argue about it and then complain when I 'drive by post'....hope this satisfies you :wub: )

There are many beliefs concerning Babylon but almost all of them center on Babylon being either a religious/social item or a political/city/nation item. I happen to believe that neither is mutually exclusive and that the Babylon referred to in verse 17-18 is actually referring to the religion of Babylon and political system of Babylon.

In chapter sixteen one of the angels had invited John (in spirit) to witness the destruction of the woman who sits on many waters. The waters in this instance represent peoples, multitudes, and nations (v. 15) and the woman represents the religious system of Babylon. The reason I believe this is that all false religions are based off the original Babylonian religion. This religion was symbolic of woman because it was founded by Nimrod

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

For one, I was told not to debate....but now, you want me to?

Make up your mind.

I am sorry if I offended you. Will you forgive me? When I said I don't want to "argue," I meant "fight." Debate is healthy as long as it is done with respect. I don't recall what prompted me to say that originally, and it really doesn't matter, but I did want to clarify that I see "debate" and "arguing" as two different things. I think an exchange of ideas is healthy, and I do believe if someone is going to make a comment stating they do not believe what someone is saying, it is good if they can substantiate that comment, but I recognize that is not always possible or even necessary, at times.

What I mean is I don't think it is always fruitful to try to debate each and every statement when it is obvious that people are set in their ways or when it is a topic that is going to have so many varied viewpoints and not one of us is going to be sure if we are right until that time comes, anyway, and He may prove us all wrong! :) Personally, I prefer just an exchange of ideas where we don't have to debate each and every statement, because for one, I just don't have that kind of time. But, sometimes someone says something that triggers something in my mind and so I want to ask "well, if that is true, then how can that be the case?" which to me is searching for truth, as much as we can understand truth when it comes to end times stuff.

So, what am I saying? Debate, done respectfully, is good. Arguing and fighting is bad. Drive by comments are not always very productive as they leave the listener hanging as to what the person means. On the other hand, feeling pressured into having to justify each and every comment can be very time consuming and not always very productive, either. I think there is a balance in between there, and I try to maintain that balance. It is not an either or, black or white situation with me. I try to find the happy medium where I can express my thoughts, listen to others, and ask questions and make comments that basically ask the question, "well if that is true, then how can this be true?" And, I learn from the responder to my questions, and sometimes that causes me to ask more questions and to search more for truth, as much as we can understand truth. But, truly I am not one who enjoys arguing every aspect of every point of every discussion.

Just a thought.Whatever John saw, He was astonished or amazed.

This kind of tells me he could not believe what he was seeing.

Since Babylon is usually equated with false or man's religion

it could represent the visible church in the last days or possibly

the church of Rome. Just a thought.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sjet,

Literal or ancient Babylon was a kingdom and a religion all rolled into one. Nimrod established His kingdom in rebellion against God and His kingdom. His was a religious kingdom based on 'Sun Worship', thus they worshiped on the 'venerable day of the Sun' in rebellion against God and His Sabbath.

'Mystery Babylon' is another 'religious kingdom' set up in rebellion to 'Jesus and His kingdom'.

As the Bible clearly demonstrates that 'religious kingdom' was Rome in its Pagan form. They held most of the beliefs of 'Ancient Babylon'. This 'Pagan kingdom' of Rome morphed and enveloped the 'kingdom of Christ', thus becoming 'Mystery Babylon' or a 'psuedo' or 'counderfeit' religion. Religions that follow her lead become part of her.

God Bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I doubt this as for one the US is allies with Israel and also the religious figure who calls on all people to fall down and worship the beast to be the Pope.

Check out the seat the former pope and the one today sits in with its upside down cross.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/sha...op/popesata.jpg

Also Whore of Babylon as compared to EUs coins and stamps they use...

http://www.remnantofgod.org/nl0105stamp.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/nl0105euro.jpg

:blink: