• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But what if you are wrong?

What if I am not? I must adhered to what I have prayerfully sought out and believe to be most correct.

Are you claiming to be a prophet, then - for I've never heard of a non-prophet being granted the insight of prophetic interpretation. :(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt this as for one the US is allies with Israel and also the religious figure who calls on all people to fall down and worship the beast to be the Pope.

Check out the seat the former pope and the one today sits in with its upside down cross.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/sha...op/popesata.jpg

Also Whore of Babylon as compared to EUs coins and stamps they use...

http://www.remnantofgod.org/nl0105stamp.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/nl0105euro.jpg

:)

The reason for the upside down cross (if not photoshopped) is to represent Peter, being the first Pope, and crucified upside down. It is not some satanic thing.

Look people, and I even got a PM on this, the Catholic Church is not Babylon. The RCC sends out missionaries to help people, it spreads the Gospel of Christ.....it has A LOT of errors, but so do the Protestant churches. My greatest wish in all the world is for the RCC to reform and for fundamentalists (true fundamentalists) to go back to the Church...that is, after all, what the purpose of the reformation was. To reform the RCC, not to seperate from it.

I stand frim in my belief that the Religious babylon is established by the antiChrist (afterall, it says that). Unless you are saying that Constantine was the antiChrist, the RCC is not the Whore of babylon. Ya'll are looking in the wrong direct. THe Whore is the something yet to come.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

But what if you are wrong?

What if I am not? I must adhered to what I have prayerfully sought out and believe to be most correct.

Are you claiming to be a prophet, then - for I've never heard of a non-prophet being granted the insight of prophetic interpretation. :emot-questioned:

Why then should any of us read the bible . . . except to study to show ourselves approved . . . rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

very interesting.

i've got to admit that everytime i have read that portion of Revelations, i also have thought of America... to the point that i could see no other possible fit. the first time i read it i was scared to death by it (i was not then a believer). in my own heart i have always held that thought. i never thought about the statue of liberty at all though. i did no research. simply reading the Word i came away with the U.S. since coming to the LORD, i have always heard that it would be Rome and the revival of its empire. i have never been convinced, but have come to this conclusion: i do not know! if it is indeed the U.S., i would not be surprised in the least. if it was Rome, i'd figure everyone else was right. i also came to the conclusion that if it was not the U.S., our blatant sin as a country will not stand ultimately. in the name of liberty, we (as a country and not each separate person) have disregarded the truth again and again. we have sold the lie and many of us have bought the lie as well.

that was the very first time i have heard any one say it could be us. whether your theory and insight is correct or not, i applaud your bravery. it is the thing no one wants to hear and we are usually careful not to say. it is a weird thing to feel as though your nation is a contender for such a position. time will tell. thanx for the statue of liberty thought.

amber

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

If God had wanted us to know who it was, He would have said so in His word.

It is not for us to know.

Look for Jesus not babylon.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

Just my two cents worth (maybe it's not even worth that, but I hope you're willing to take the overcharge!):

1. In the Middle East, Mecca is known as the 'city built on 7 hills' and has been since time out of mind.

2. No entity has murdered more Christians than has Islam.

Perhaps we have all been looking in the wrong direction........

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Are you claiming to be a prophet, then - for I've never heard of a non-prophet being granted the insight of prophetic interpretation. :thumbsup:

Why then should any of us read the bible . . . except to study to show ourselves approved . . . rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

If God had wanted us to know who it was, He would have said so in His word.

It is not for us to know.

Look for Jesus not babylon.

Giaour,

I appreciate your sentiments, I really do. You are absolutley correct that we should be keeping our eyes on Jesus and we should be looking for his return. But, why do you think he gave us the book of Revelation? Why do you think he told us all the things that are going to happen? I know it should not be for the purpose of entering into arguments and debates, but there is a reason he told us all this. Don't you think we should be asking ourselves the question, "Where do we fit in?" Are we the Church in Laodecia? Are we Ephesus? Are we Babylon? Do we fit any of these descriptions? If so, what should we be doing about it? I don't think we should just read Revelation as some theological book about end times, but rather we should see what messages are contained therein that can be applied to our lives. I don't know if we are Mystery Babylon or not, but I think it does not hurt to ask ourselves the question, "Do we fit the description?" Why? Because it makes us think about our lives, our nation and where we are headed if we keep going the way we are going. Perhaps it will bring us to our knees to pray for our nation in a way we have never prayed for them before. If so, that is a good thing. None of us knows with any certainty how Revelation will all be played out. Many have theories. I think it serves no valuable purpose to argue those theories, but I don't think it is harmful to share them, because it makes us think. It makes us evaulate our lives, and if the result of that evaluation gets us to change, then that is a good thing. If the result of that evaluation gets us to pray harder for others, to pray for revival, etc. then that is a good thing. God gave us these messages in Revelation for a purpose and we need to each as ourselves and ask God what we are to do with those messages.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

very interesting.

i've got to admit that everytime i have read that portion of Revelations, i also have thought of America... to the point that i could see no other possible fit. the first time i read it i was scared to death by it (i was not then a believer). in my own heart i have always held that thought. i never thought about the statue of liberty at all though. i did no research. simply reading the Word i came away with the U.S. since coming to the LORD, i have always heard that it would be Rome and the revival of its empire. i have never been convinced, but have come to this conclusion: i do not know! if it is indeed the U.S., i would not be surprised in the least. if it was Rome, i'd figure everyone else was right. i also came to the conclusion that if it was not the U.S., our blatant sin as a country will not stand ultimately. in the name of liberty, we (as a country and not each separate person) have disregarded the truth again and again. we have sold the lie and many of us have bought the lie as well.

that was the very first time i have heard any one say it could be us. whether your theory and insight is correct or not, i applaud your bravery. it is the thing no one wants to hear and we are usually careful not to say. it is a weird thing to feel as though your nation is a contender for such a position. time will tell. thanx for the statue of liberty thought.

amber

Amber,

I appreciate your thoughts. I still see the USA. Does that mean I'm right? No! Does it matter? No! So, what's the point? It is to get us to look at our lives and our country and to get us to seek God's face and to turn from our wicked ways. If we don't see that we are a country that is broken, we won't see the need to call out to God for it to be fixed. If we are Mystery Babylon, we are headed for disaster. If we are not, we are still headed for disaster, because I know God has promised he will judge us for our spiritual adultery. So, when his judgment is poured out upon us, if his people, who are called by his name, will humble themselves and pray, and will seek his face and turn from their wicked ways, then will he hear from heaven and will forgive our sin and will heal our land. I don't believe the USA will be completely wiped out. So, if Mystery Babylon is to be obliterated, then I guess we ain't it. Unless, it means we will be wiped out as a nation. I do believe God may bring us down as a nation so that we no longer serve the world in the same capacity. But, I have confidence that there will be survivors here and that God is going to raise up an army for him here in the USA. I believe we will see a great revival and a great harvest of souls. Beyond that, I do not know. I just think we need to all take a hard look at ourselves individually, as The Church, and as a nation and we need to ask God to show us where we stand with him and what he wants us to do about it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

HorizonEast,

You wrote:

Dennis