• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I want to acknowledge how Jesus saved me today, but also spread the word on a con artist. I have recently started looking for work, I had a few interviews, but one stands out in my mind. I went in to this interview shaking from head to toe, I thought I was just nervous, but I have never shook like this before. I also had such a bad feeling before during and after the interview. He called me back a few days later to do another interview, which is usually normal, things went better this time, I said I need to discuss this with my wife, and pray about it.... I always do research on companies that I am interested in working with, and I typed in their name, primerica. They have scammed millions of people, millions of dollars. I dont know how this is legal, because they are so deceitful and misleading......when our Glorious Lord returns we wont have to deal with monsters like this. Don't be fooled by these people, they are a part of citibank, which made me think they were legit, but they are not. They wanted to take me and my family for everything that we have. This JERK even spoke about religion with me, the Devil has many disguises. Just be on the lookout, especially if you are looking for work, like a lot of Americans are. Jesus saved me from this trap, Glorious is His Name, Shalom, and God bless.

Aaron

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

God is good!! :21:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

A.L. Williams was the founder of a company that eventually became Primerica. The banking and insurance industry is highly regulated. Their investments and insurance are government regulated and no different than any other major player. You are overreacting to some information (not all sources on the internet are credible; some are trying to ruin other company's reputation). Some individual agents or offices might not have full integrity. The business is based on building a team, so some might have an aversion to anything that hints at multi-level marketing.

Many Christians with integrity are part of their sales team. Helping people with their financial stewardship is a worthy endeavor. Pressure tactics would not be commendable. They have done good things and shook up the industry by promoting buying term insurance and investing the difference. You should be more upset at the traditional guys who bundle investing with insurance to pad their commissions (not in your best interest).

The danger is that some may buy into false promises and hype not realizing the work and investment involved to build a financial service business.

I have been insured with them for decades and have found rates, products, service, integrity more than competitive.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I've actually been to a group interview/meeting for primerica. They are sleeze pure and simple. But not in the standard way. They prey on thier recruits.

Its a scheme where they say they do not advertise - they only rely on word of mouth. The first 10 sales a person makes are not his but his trainers. These sales come from the recruits family/friends. After watching those 10 sales, if the recruit has more, or family/friends tell others, he starts to get a cut (40ish %). Most people won't get alot of word of mouth referals, and you cant advertise. So the best way to get more is to higher people under you (starting to sound pyramidish, isnt it?)

They take people on, use their contacts up and pretty much leave them hanging. Its a scam.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

A. L. Williams did more to advance the cause of low cost term life insurance as opposed to "whole life" insurance, which is the real scam, than anybody. Unfortunately, his organization became similar to other pyramid schemes, like Amway. I don't know that I would call the company a "scam," as they obey all the laws of the land, but I would think twice of getting involved with selling what is actually a good product. Life insurance sales is not a career for everybody.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/02/1960

One of my friend's father (I'll call him JM) is a Primerica salesman. JM invited me to one of their recruitment meetings. I am familiar with Multi Level Marketing. As mentioned, Primerica is a MLM and is a legal company. Now... you may have issues with MLM's. To call it a "pyramid scheme" is incorrect and harsh. I find that those that call legitimate MLM's a "pyramid scheme" are those that take issue with the MLM concept and are more comfortable in the Multi-Tiered Corporate world, just happily working for someone else, making their boss(s) rich. There is nothing at wrong with working for corporate America. Just for the record, I do work in the corporate world. Actually, a typical company is more of a 'pyramid scheme' than a MLM. No matter how hard I work at my job, I still make the same amount of money. What I get paid isn't even what my boss decides. Our Union decides pay rates. I could bust a hump for 8 hours or I could sit here all day reading discussion boards, doing no 'official work' and still make the same pay. Anyway... this thread is not about MLM vs Corporate. I'll get back to the topic of Primerica.

Integrity of any particular Primerica GROUP or OFFICE does vary from team to team. Just like here where I work in the office. Integrity and productivity and results vary from office to office.

As "gudrulz" and "Marnie" have stated, Primerica HAS done a lot to promote better services/products to the consumer, and I'll add... give the traditional insurance companies something to think about and worry about.

Did I join up with Primerica when JM took me to this "Interview" or "Business Presentation". No. I decided that this was not something that I wanted to do. We all have our 'cup of tea'. Mine was not selling insurance. I'm a computer weenie, and I am also passionate about health and nutrition. Those are my interests.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

You are right, it is not technically a pyramid scheme, since those are illegal. And you are right, you don't get rich working for somebody else, which is why I don't. It was a Primerica salesman who taught me about life insurance and educated me on the "buy term and invest the difference" concept. Today, I am set with a decreasing Term-to-70 policy and have been investing the difference in high quality, low cap conservative mutual funds which have been growing steadily over the past 7 years or so. Even during the downturns, my funds have always been on the plus side. I don't much care for MLM's, but the Primerica product cannot be faulted.