• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Act 12:3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)

Act 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put [him] in prison, and delivered [him] to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Act 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

The point being that the KJV uses the term Easter rather than Passover. No other version that I'm aware of (including The Message) makes reference to "Easter".

That's correct. The Jews had no acknowledgment of Easter, which was at that time a pagan celebration. It only got "converted" to a Christian celebration centuries later by the Gentile-run church.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

She asked what's so hard to understand about the KJV. I am stating that if I can read it, certainly others with more education and a higher IQ should be able to as well.

As someone with a higher IQ and with more education, I do not find the KJV to be easily understood. So I use other translations. It isnt an intelligence or educational issue. I just dont speak Elizabethan english.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

She asked what's so hard to understand about the KJV. I am stating that if I can read it, certainly others with more education and a higher IQ should be able to as well.

As someone with a higher IQ and with more education, I do not find the KJV to be easily understood. So I use other translations. It isnt an intelligence or educational issue. I just dont speak Elizabethan english.

I wasn't raised in a family that spoke with all the thees and thous of the KJV either. At the same time, I am just saying that it isn't that hard to get accustomed to. The problem is that since there are so many modern translations out there, people never bother to take the time to try to understand the King James Bible. The question in the thread is, What is so hard about the KJV? My response is nothing. It is very simple to read. The 1611 Version is tougher, but even with the unusual spelling of words, it doesn't take long to figure out.

To people who have a certain affinity for language, KJV English may not seem very difficult, even in the 1611 version. However, someone who simply does not have that gift might find it much more difficult. It's the same with any other field: I have no problem with languages, even older styles of English, but give me a math quiz and I'm completely lost. Others may have the opposite problem, being very gifted in the area of mathematics but having a much harder time with languages and reading comprehension. :emot-dance: It all depends on what you're good at.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Has anyone tried the Recovery Version Bible

Nope...actually, I hadn't even heard of it, to be honest...