• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Condeming anyone for the simple reason that they belong to a specifc people group is not a Biblical way of thinking

Eric.

Don't get me wrong.I'm not blaming the people group (Arabs), I'm talking about Muslims.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I have made friends with some Orthidox Christian Arabs who own a coffea shop a few doors down from where I work. They are some of the most Christ-like loving people I have ever known. They are originaly from Israel.

Dan

Bingo.

Let us not forget there are millions of Arab Christians who love the Lord our God and will be with us in heaven. In fact Arab Christians living in Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Egypt and Lebanon and Israel have been following the Lord longer then those of us with European descent.

They have survived persecution for hundreds of years at the hands of the Islamic majorities in their countries.

Guest shiloh357
The way I look at it, I hate the religion of Islam. I hate all religions that are in opposition to Christianity and that promote the worship of false gods. At the same time, as has already been pointed out, we are not to hate individuals who are duped into following these false religions.

In this day and time that is hard. With Islamic fanatics openly desiring to destroy Israel and kill Christians, as well as carrying out terrorist attacks around the world, such things can often stir feelings of hate within. It is something I have a hard time with. I would like nothing better than to see the religion of Islam destroyed from off the face of the earth, but rather than see all those who are in that religion killed, or having to spend eternity in hell, I would rather see them come to know the true savior of the world Jesus Christ.

Well said :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The way I look at it, I hate the religion of Islam. I hate all religions that are in opposition to Christianity and that promote the worship of false gods. At the same time, as has already been pointed out, we are not to hate individuals who are duped into following these false religions.

In this day and time that is hard. With Islamic fanatics openly desiring to destroy Israel and kill Christians, as well as carrying out terrorist attacks around the world, such things can often stir feelings of hate within. It is something I have a hard time with. I would like nothing better than to see the religion of Islam destroyed from off the face of the earth, but rather than see all those who are in that religion killed, or having to spend eternity in hell, I would rather see them come to know the true savior of the world Jesus Christ.

Hatred of the religion will eventually be followed by hatred of the members of that religion, it's the progression of the evil of hate.

Jesus taught us to forgive, not hate and that includes other religions, even if you are being persecuted by the members of that religion.

I just finished reading an excellent book on the concept of forgiving enemies.

It's called' "Left To Tell : Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust" by Immaculee Ilibagiza.

From Amazon.com write up on the book.

Immaculee Ilibagiza grew up in a country she loved, surrounded by a family she cherished. But in 1994 her idyllic world was ripped apart as Rwanda descended into a bloody genocide. Immaculee

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Jesus never taught that we should accept and tolerate false beliefs.

He didn't mention anything about other faiths, but what he did teach is that we are not to hate, period.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I wanted to start this topic, because something has been on my mind for a long time.........maybe starting last year.

I was at Summer Camp in England last year, and a boy said the Muslims are terrible people, and they are lower than normal people.

I was a bit angry, and said it was not right to judge people in general.

We had a long discussion about it.

As time went by, we, as you guys know, went to Israel, and went around the country.

Coming back, I heard over and over about how hateful Muslims are, in the press, TV, and news, and today, on the Israel Bird Flu. And a hate grew inside of me. Against Muslims. The more I hear about them, and the things they do, I just want to explode.

I've told no one, but I feel like going up to that boy, and clapping him on the back, and saying "Too true."

I asked God to help me,but I still feel angry.

When I reads the Israel Bird Flu thing, and what that guy said, it was it for me!

I know how you feel brother. The media only shows the hateful Muslims. They make it seem that is how all Muslims are. I have a friend in Morocco who is Muslim and she is very nice and loving person. Her family loves me to. They always ask her about me even though they know that I am a Christian. People are people nomatter what color they are or what religion they practice.

I am sure that even in Afghanistan there are people who hate sharia law. That is sad that people voted for that evil law to be law of the land.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

He didn't mention anything about other faiths, but what he did teach is that we are not to hate, period.

No, but the Bible has plenty to say about false belief systems. Jesus commanded us to love individuals, not false belief systems. The Bible is full of command on how believers are to deal with false doctrine whether its source is outside of the church or within it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/25/1987

You have to remember first of all that Arabs and Muslims are two different things. Arabs are the people living in the Middle East. Muslims are those who have embraced a religious ideal. There are many Arabs who are Christians being persecuted in these Middle Eastern countries. There are many Arabs in America who are Christians also. You shouldn't have any anger towards them.

As for Muslims, you have to remember that we are told to love our enemies. No matter what they do they must be loved and forgiven. If not, why should the Father forgive you? The problem is that Islam is an evil religion no matter what they say. Muslims in America say what the terrorists are doing is not real Islam. Well, I've been to the Middle East to discover what true Islam is like. The Islam of America and the Islam of the Middle East are two completely different things. The Islam of America is not Islam at all. They are a liberal version of the Koran. Its no wonder terrorists say the Muslims in America are the worst kind. Because they really are horrible Muslims if you actually read what the Koran says.

The Koran tolerates violence and terrorism. Any means necessary to further the will of Allah. They also treat women like cattle in that region of the world. They kill Muslims who have abandoned their religion. They believe Christians and Jews are "dirty" and they are above us. As soon as I told some of these men I was a Christian, they looked at me like I was a disgusting piece of trash. When I asked my friend (who is a Muslim and my guide) why they do that, he said the Koran teaches it. I learned that they don't cover their girls until they reach the age of seven. Because that's the marriage age. Muhammed had a seven year old wife when he was 49. Funny how Muslims leave this kind of stuff out when talking about their religion.

What I can't understand is how they believe Jesus, David, and all these people were prophets when they were clearly Jews. When I brought this up, they pretty much burst into anger. I was scared for my life at that moment. This is the type of religion Islam is.

But we still have to understand one thing. Muslims themselves are victims to this religion. Especially women. I couldn't sleep for a while after I saw the way women were treated. I don't know if its true but I heard from my friend that if a woman is raped in that region she is executed for not being a virgin. I don't want to believe that and I pray to God its not true.

I urge all of you to pray for these people. There's no reason to hate them because they're victims too.

Give me scriptures to prove that Jesus taught us we were not to hate anything. I know of none. I also disagree that it is wrong to hate false religions. I hate every false religion with all of my being. That is different than hating the poor deluded souls that are members of false religions.

How can a Christian not hate false religions? That is like asking me not to hate the devil. All false religions are demonically inspired, to lead those that follow them into hell.

You will have to provide scripture to back up your position before I will even consider your position in this matter.

Can't prove a negative.

How bout you showing me where Jesus taught us to hate other religions?

On the contrary, Jesus was kind to the Samaritan woman at the well, and also gave us the story of the "Good Samaritan," to show that the Jews of Jerusalem, were wrong to hate them because they believed that the Samaritans were following a false Judaism.

You say it's OK to hate the religion, but not it's members. However, it's the members which make up the religion, so you can't hate the religion without at the same time, offending the members.

Hate only leads to more hate, regardless how you try to justify it.