IGNORED

I need help

Guest jac1954

Guest jac1954

I have just lost my father. I am haveing a hard time . I live in daddy,s home and I have been packing up his stuff. It hurts so bad. I need a lot of prayer. I ned someone to talk to .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

:noidea:

I am sorry to hear about your loss. We are all here for you, if you wish to talk to us.

Guest LadyC

God, please rain down with the comfort of your Holy Spirit on jac! sometimes grief just seems too hard to bear, but your shoulders are big enough.

jac, i can't do much more than pray... i never know how to talk to someone who is grieving over the loss of a loved one. i can understand though, i lost my father two years ago on thanksgiving.

Guest jac1954
:noidea:

I am sorry to hear about your loss. We are all here for you, if you wish to talk to us.

Thank you for replying to me. Daddy went into the hospital on Dec.30,2005 for a knee replacement. the next morning he went into complete shut down. Heart,lungs kidney's everything. He was dead for 5 min.s. he stayed in the hosptial for 10 weeks and had so many prombles and they just could not keep everything going. He got an batterial in his leg and they had to take his leg. He did not make it. I never knew anyone could live thru the pain of it. I hurt every day. It does not seem to be getting any better.

Guest jac1954
God, please rain down with the comfort of your Holy Spirit on jac! sometimes grief just seems too hard to bear, but your shoulders are big enough.

jac, i can't do much more than pray... i never know how to talk to someone who is grieving over the loss of a loved one. i can understand though, i lost my father two years ago on thanksgiving.

Thank you for your reply. Prayer works. How long did it take for the hurt to stop

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

When my husband lost his mother, it took a year for the pain to subside.

Guest Workman(2 Timothy 2:15)

Hello sorrowful one...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

I lost a child in the womb unexpectedly at 6 months pregnant. That was very difficult. But I could still sense God's love through the pain of the loss. I remember asking him to help me to heal and confessing that I didn't want to hurt (grieve) so bad for a long time. I know God brought me comfort during that difficult time. Sometimes the grief I felt was intense I didn't think I could get through the next few months...it seemed emotionally impossible. At first I felt very lonely at times as many people cannot relate or desire to avoid you when you're hurting as they didn't know how to comfort me.

Something I found that helped me:

I had to find something to 'look forward to' to bring joy back into my life. For me, this was planning a vacation time to get away and visit somewhere I had not been in a long time, but that I was really looking forward to. The memories of that vacation were wonderful and a step stone to my healing. When the vacation was over, I brainstormed up something else I desired to do that I could look forward to that would be a positive experience for me. I highly recommend the same for you. Are there hobbies that you enjoy? Sports, Drama, singing, animal care, childcare, musical instruments, hiking, sight seeing, drawing/painting, recreational activities?

Perhaps finding a way to get out and take a fresh breath of sunshine will do some good. Get your mind off the pain, and allow you to look forward to something that brings you peace or enjoyment. Find something that will draw you closer to God rather than away from him at this time. The grieving time is a process...sometimes you'll feel fine, and another day a picture or song or place will start you crying all over again or cause you to feel depressed. This is normal. Allow yourself to grieve in stages and find a safe place to cry when you want to "let it all out." Sometimes the easiest spot for me to do this was in the bathroom at home. :emot-dance: I found myself praying a lot during those times. Just simple prayers of "help me Lord, I am hurting so much. Help me to heal fast...please!"

Although you may feel things will never feel normal again...God can get you through anything. He proved that to me.

Don't give up being patient with him. (After the rain comes a rainbow...) :blink:

Yeshua cares!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

jac~

I'm so sorry for your loss... I know how difficult it is packing up their stuff- it's very painful.. As to "how long" it will hurt... I know it may seem nearly unbearable to deal with the hurt right now, but God is here for you to comort you by His Spirit- He is the Father of Compassion and the God of all Comfort... through His strength you can get through this and the pain does ease. We will always miss a loved one we have lost, so to a certain degree there will remain some amount of heartache, but we can also have joy in having had that person in our life and for the Christians it is a temporary loss.

Guest samy3332005
jac~

I'm so sorry for your loss... I know how difficult it is packing up their stuff- it's very painful.. As to "how long" it will hurt... I know it may seem nearly unbearable to deal with the hurt right now, but God is here for you to comort you by His Spirit- He is the Father of Compassion and the God of all Comfort... through His strength you can get through this and the pain does ease. We will always miss a loved one we have lost, so to a certain degree there will remain some amount of heartache, but we can also have joy in having had that person in our life and for the Christians it is a temporary loss.

Guest samy3332005

jac~

i am so sorry for your loss . i know it is very difficult for us to loss dear person espicily one of our parents.

ipray God to give u patience and your father go to heaven.Amen