• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Sometimes it's in God's plan to heal someone earth, other times it works in His plan best if the healing comes in heaven.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with people who teach that the reason someone isn't healed is due to lack of faith. For one, this places a tremendous burden and guilt on someone who is already suffering. Two, Scripture teaches us that faith is a gift we get from God, we don't create it ourselves. It comes from Him. Three, this presumes that it takes more faith for a healing than to endure suffering - which isn't true. Sometimes, oftentimes, the most faithful and sincere thing you can do is cling to God and trust Him....even when we don't understand and are afraid.

Right on Tess!! Sometimes Jesus healed without having any signs of faith at all. Other times, even gentile dogs (the Centurian) had very great faith. Peter, whom God revealed that Jesus was the Christ, began to doubt as he put his eyes on the storm, instead of Jesus. Satan loves to distract us with every sort of doubt he can think of to throw into the works of our lives. But I look at Joni Erikson Tada as one of the most stout defenders of the faith in our day and age who for the most of her life now has been a parapalegic and boy what a testimony honoring Christ. Sure God could heal her completely AND WILL DO SO ONE DAY, but for now, she serves His purposes wonderfully, bringing great honor and glory to God and His Son.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Sometimes it's in God's plan to heal someone earth, other times it works in His plan best if the healing comes in heaven.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with people who teach that the reason someone isn't healed is due to lack of faith. For one, this places a tremendous burden and guilt on someone who is already suffering. Two, Scripture teaches us that faith is a gift we get from God, we don't create it ourselves. It comes from Him. Three, this presumes that it takes more faith for a healing than to endure suffering - which isn't true. Sometimes, oftentimes, the most faithful and sincere thing you can do is cling to God and trust Him....even when we don't understand and are afraid.

That was beautifully said, Tess. :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/09/1974

Because God heals whom he wants to ... He has his reasons we must accept them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I agree. We are to come to Him in prayers, asking Him, but the answer is up to God's will. Whatever His answer, we are to be assured that it is for our best.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Most of the verses people quote referring to healing today actually refer to healing in the world to come. Sometimes G-d intervenes and heals in a miraculous way--I am an example of this. He also heals through medication and doctors. Only G-d can heal somebody; no man can. Just like a farmer plants a seed but he is not the one who makes it grow. We live in a siful and sin cursed world and we are subject to germs and decay.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you everybody. God bless you all.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I believe in divine healing. I will be absolutely healed of every single illness until the last one.

"To die is GAIN!' is it not?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest br.biff

Sometimes it is not the faith of the healee but the faith of the healer that is lacking. Not all instances of healing in the new testament say any thing about the faith of the one being healed. I also disagree with those that say you are sick due to lack of faith. When asked about the blind man and whose sin made him blind (his mother or father or his own) Jesus replied neither,he was blind that the works of God could be made manifest in him(Jn.9:1)Trust Him He knows what He is doing!!

Guest NooPilgrim

Indeed Biff. Yeshua even rebuked the apostles calling them a perverse and faithless generation, because their lack of faith, despite their messianic apointment, hindered them from casting out a demon. There is no indication in that passage that it had anything to do with the lack of faith on behalf of the possessed man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I believe in divine healing. I will be absolutely healed of every single illness until the last one.

"To die is GAIN!' is it not?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

:emot-hug: That was good.