• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Hey all,

My Bible study has brought me to cross roads yet again! I'm not trying to start a debate, but the question I have is "What were the waters above the firmament?"

Was it water or, invisible vapour, or formation of dense clouds, or something else? ;)

I have researched other Christian scientists views on this, and as I expected opinions and interpretations are varying. If I were to interpret it literally, then I would have to say water, but science seems to indicate that the weight of such a mass could not have been supported above the heavens.......and even some christians say it is cloud formation. There are bible verses which seem to indicate this to be so, however the verse clearly states that the waters above were divided from the same body of water as the waters beneath.

Can you see why i'm confused :blink:

I just want to squeeze any knowledge or understanding out of you guys, because some of you have been studying the bible longer than me.

Your help would be much appreciated :help:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Thanks for the help guys :) you know i'm only joking :wub:

God Bless

Anne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

i heard it explained like this one time to me. it was like the womb of God or the matrix in which the spirit of God was brooding over as God was wanting to create life within the world. does that make any sense about the waters being the matrix well it did to me kinda like the waters inside the womb when life is being formed within a woman but that is what i heard one time and thought i would pass it on to you something to think about any how.

SwordFish