• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ruck, when the Scriptures speak of "the flesh", they are referring to the sinful nature.

When Gnostics speak of "the flesh," they mean our physical bodies.

Gnostics believe it impossible for God to be manifested in the flesh because He is too pure to dwell in material flesh.

Try reading this from CARM, for starters: here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Scientists say Jesus didn't exsist.....scientists say Jesus existed "but" :thumbsup:

....and this thread has talked about the two news articles making reference to Jesus this week. :P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Again, what you need to understand about the Gnostic perspective is that whe they say "flesh is evil", they mean the physical tissue. In fact, the entire physical, material world is evil.

If you have a Bible commentary or study Bible, read what they say before/about Colossians and 1 John - as those two epistles directly spoke against Gnosticism in many ways.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

How does this "scientist" explain Jesus raising Lazarus after being and spending three days in a tomb? :39:

Remember Jesus turning the water into wine? Well that was because He had a moonshine steel and Lazarus dipped into it and went comatose, they only thought he was dead. ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

How does this "scientist" explain Jesus raising Lazarus after being dead and spending three days in a tomb? ;)

knowing the scientist they will say Lazarus was in a coma for 3 days. :39:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Again, what you need to understand about the Gnostic perspective is that whe they say "flesh is evil", they mean the physical tissue. In fact, the entire physical, material world is evil.

If you have a Bible commentary or study Bible, read what they say before/about Colossians and 1 John - as those two epistles directly spoke against Gnosticism in many ways.

Well spoken Nebula. :emot-hug: To believe as the Gnostics is to believe that God created "evil", which contradicts Paul's teaching to Timothy and Genesis 1:31 as well as the Word of God in whole and in context.

ruck1b, you asked: "Do you think that in your flesh dwells good?"

Before I answer, let me make it clear that the Scripture I posted in an earlier reply was NOT to imply that you have the spirit of the antichrist. Okay? This is a discussion only. I was NOT casting any judgements.

Now to answer your question, YES... I do believe that good dwells in my flesh. HIS name is Jesus Christ.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Our body, which is composed of "physical" flesh, is just an earthen vessel brother. How can a physical house made of wood and stone be evil? It is just made of earthen materials. It is what dwells IN the vessel that is good or evil. In our current physical state, the body, which is composed of physical flesh, is perishable and will one day return as dust to the ground from which it came. It in itself is not evil; rather it is our fallen nature that chose rebellion to God. At the point our perishable body dies, our spirit will return to the Father. [Ecclesiastes 12:7] The promise is that one day we will have a new and imperishable body, which will be perfect as God designed it to be. [1 Corinthians 15] What will this new imperishable body look like? I don't know but I do know it will be physical (as the resurrected body of Jesus was physical) and it will be perfect without any blemish.

Other than Jesus Christ, there is nothing good about me. :noidea: ...BUT He is all I need!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Its a miracle that the disciples were sailing a boat on ice!

:21::P:24: Excellent point! I didn't even think of that. Your right how did they sail a boat on ice??? Good job! :emot-hug::noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

In regards to the OP, I think the greatest thing about all of these new "discoveries" is the use of words like "maybe", "possibly", "could be", and "might be". All of these reports are filled with them, thereby basing their findings on shifting sand from the outset.

If you look at the original report, and most of the History Channel's shows dealing with religion, they are filled with subjective words like those above. The bad part is, most people don't care about that, and simply believe what they see or hear.

It becomes that much more important to read and understand the Bible so that we can have answers for those that seek the Truth, and to settle these matters in our own hearts.

The Bible says "I AM", but tv shows and "scientific" studies today say "I could be.....maybe".

I like the History Channel for most of their shows, but when it comes to anything with a religious theme (doesn't matter which religion), I turn the channel. They simply have proven themselves to be without an ounce of credibility when it comes to religion.

And, If I have to sit through one more stupid show that contains anything to do with the words "DaVinci" or "code", I'm going to shoot six holes into the TV! ;)

t.

Guest shiloh357

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

(Romans 7:18)

For I know that in me (that is my flesh)

This refers to the carnal unrenewed nature, not the physical body. It is true that our physical bodies are corrupt, but Paul was not talking about the physical body.

The Gnostics mentioned earlier were heavily in aceticism (self-abuse). They believed that being physical was sinful. The body was sinful because it was physical.

Paul is saying that there was nothing good in him relative to his old nature. There is nothing good in any of us save those things owing to those principles of grace that God as implanted in our hearts by faith, through His Spirit which likewise, dwells in us.

for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

The desire to do that which is good is in him, but the strength to do the Will of God is not present in and of Himself. Apart from Christ, Paul is saying that he is powerless to do those things he desires by the Holy Spirit to do. Taking the entire verse, together with the conext of Romans seven, it is easy to see that Paul is talking about the conflict of desires of his old man with the desires implanted in by the Holy Spirit. The physical body is not at all in view.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus "walked on ice" and the disciples' GREATER miracle was rowing their boat THROUGH it. All the while, Peter SANK DOWN in spite of it!! I love it, I love it, but it probably wouldn't sell in Kennedy's Boston, would it?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com