• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Suppose your hands are cuffed and behind your back. You are on your knees. Your head is on the butcher block. There's a 250 lb man, all muscle, weilding a sharp double edged sword, standing there ready to behead you. Can you be 100% certain you would take that fate , or do you curse God and live?

Be totally honest. Would you accept your fate, or would you choose life? It may be an easy question now, but the time will come when lots of Christians will loose their heads for obeying & trusting Christ, while a lot will curse God to live.

For myself, my answer is, I hope & pray I would be strong enough and to endure to the bitter end. But I'm not 100% certain I could choose the sword.

I do know for sure, I would be scared and shaking. And I think if I close my eyes I could do it. And it goes without saying that I would probably wet my pants. And it's highly possible that I would faint.

What say you?

in Him;

corey

Hi Corey.

That is a brilliant question. I would have to go with, going with the flow on this one.

If god had brought me to a point where he/she was about to remove the nattering one, I would see this as a true blessing.

In no way do I depreciate my head, but if it meant I could go through to the next life by giving it up, then that would be a small price to pay, after all we have to die at least once before we enter the kingdom of heaven, don't we?

Spirited_one

In god

he or she??? you think God is a she? The Bible is clear. Jesus said " if you have seen Me you have seen the Father. " Jesus was a male. God in the flesh. It also says that God is a spirit, and they that worship HIM must worship HIM in spirit. Please in the future..give God the respect and honor He deserves. Also in answer to your question, I guess that is was faith and trust is all about. We know that Jesus proimsed to be absent from the body was to be present with the Lord. So I would trust I would choose life with Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

he or she??? you think God is a she? The bible is clear. Jesus said " if you have seen Me you have seen the Father. " Jesus was a male. God in the flesh. Please in the future..give God the respect He deserves. Alao in answer to your question, I guess that is was faith and trust is all about. We know that Jesus proimsed to be absent from the body was to be present with the Lord. So I would trust I would choose life with Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

he or she??? you think God is a she? The bible is clear. Jesus said " if you have seen Me you have seen the Father. " Jesus was a male. God in the flesh. Please in the future..give God the respect He deserves. Alao in answer to your question, I guess that is was faith and trust is all about. We know that Jesus proimsed to be absent from the body was to be present with the Lord. So I would trust I would choose life with Him.

And what, preytell, did I say wrong? I ALWAYS respect God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I'm not just saying this without thinking about it because i have many times. My answer is yes, I know the truth and the other option is to live for a few Minute or weeks or months then then i die later and go to hell. So, no i would be beheaded and probably sing praises all the way to the guillotine :thumbsup:

Dear Trinity;

I love your response. Thank you so much. I believe you when you say you would sing on your way to the guillotine. I believe it was King Henry {not sure which one} had several of his wives beheaded. And that is exactly what one of his wives did, she sang on her way to the gallows.

in Him;

corey

Sure would be scared!!! :thumbsup:

But at that time i probably would put fear behind me, there is no excape and plus i get to meet a Peaceful Father waiting for me with open arms :thumbsup: , unlike seeing an Angry God who must punish my sin :)

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I can't resist this. I guess it is pretty trivial, but we have to guard against thinking of God by our own standards.

Spirited one wrote:

Hi Corey.

That is a brilliant question. I would have to go with, going with the flow on this one.

If god had brought me to a point where he/she was about to remove the nattering one, I would see this as a true blessing.

In no way do I depreciate my head, but if it meant I could go through to the next life by giving it up, then that would be a small price to pay, after all we have to die at least once before we enter the kingdom of heaven, don't we?

Spirited_one (end quote)

Then Rustyangel says:

"he or she??? you think God is a she? The bible is clear. Jesus said " if you have seen Me you have seen the Father. " Jesus was a male. God in the flesh. Please in the future..give God the respect He deserves. Alao in answer to your question, I guess that is was faith and trust is all about. We know that Jesus proimsed to be absent from the body was to be present with the Lord. So I would trust I would choose life with Him."

Well that is a good example of attributing our characteristics to God. God is a spirit, and therefore can be neither male nor female. (In my opinion) we are only male or female because we have bodies and because we have bodies it is necessary to reproduce other bodies for spirits to indwell. When we die, we will no longer be male nor female because we will no longer have the bodies. It is undoubted that Jesus was male when he "walked this earth as one of us". He could have chosen to be anything he wanted on this earth, he could have been a king, a slave, a lepper, any race he wanted, a tradesman, a merchant, a nobleman, a scholar or a woman. However, he chose to be an ordinary man - a carpenter and a Jew, seemingly because this was how he could most effectively get across his message and fulfill his destiny.

Scripture, and in fact, all writing, refers to God as "he" or "him" only because it would be ridiculous to talk of "it" (and also quite rude) but it is politically correct silliness to talk of "him/her" or "he/she". Documents that come out of government departments talk of "he or she" when referring to everything, but it must be noted that it is only government departments that do this as nobody else could afford to waste words or money on something so inconsequential and politically correct to the point where it sounds silly, but the government department doesn't care because it is not their money that they are wasting - it belongs to the taxpayer.

I have heard horrific suggestions that "the bible should be re-written to exclude all 'sexist' references and wherever the word 'he' appears, to include the oblique stroke followed by the word 'she'". An "official, approved" Bible perhaps?

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey Buck,

I mean no offense by this, but I disagree with your previous statement. Jesus came to this earth and was a male.. was he not? The bible says "He" when it refers to God, right? I think that if God was anything other than a "He" than God would have used the appropriate title.. maybe just put "God" instead of "He".. I dont know... This is theory that just came to mind..

I also, however, completely agree with you on that is wrong to change it to "she". This may have no link, but this another theory right on the spot... We live in a society today where women are said to be becoming equal to men.. however, in all actuality, women are quickly becoming the authority OVER men... Women pastors? Billary as possible President?? I feel that saying "she" takes away from the character and authority of God...

However, contrary to what I just said, God is over the man, and the man over the woman... female? definitly not? Male? All I know is that my bible says "He" and nothing else...

However, as for the topic at hand

I think Paul said something along the lines of , "Why do you tempt me with heaven"

Kittylover. Of course I have got to agree with you that Jesus when he was on the earth in human form was a male. This is an undisputed fact and it has never been claimed, or would ever be claimed, to be otherwise.

However, while I do see that it is ridiculous to change God's title to "she" as that is somehow lowering his status in line with the politically correct thinking of today. I really don't understand how a supernatural being who is not a physical human as we understand it, could be either male or female.

Please believe that I am not dis'ing what you said, but trying to understand it in my own mind.

I know the Bible talks about "he". But then, what other words could it have used?

I think it is just another of those things that we don't know how to understand, and so look at from the human point of view.

I hope someone can come up with some more answers.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1981

This is just an idea, but think about it...perhaps God chose to refer to Himself as male because He decided to give the burden of authority to men. Maybe He wants us to be very conscious of His position as our Master.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

This is just an idea, but think about it...perhaps God chose to refer to Himself as male because He decided to give the burden of authority to men. Maybe He wants us to be very conscious of His position as our Master.

At the risk of being super simple, why does the question of the gender of God demand an answer? If He revealed Himself as male and in the role of Father, why all the questions? Unless, there is a liberal agenda that is questioning the accuracy of Scripture, in which then everything is suspect in a search to discredit.

I see nobody has picked up on my comment that we should never just "go like lambs to the slaughter" and we should "fight with every fibre of our being" even if "the outcome is predetermined and we know what it is".

Does everybody think that if faced with being blackmailed into accepting an evil regime to live under or being beheaded for our faith, we should just "knuckle under and meekly go forward to put our heads on the chopping block"? Or that we owe it to ourselves and others to fight, or at least "not go quietly"?