• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry Nebula , your statement : " Real witchcraft is a religion. And it is about making a god out of yourself. "

The things I have learned concerning Wicca - which is real witchcraft.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

58 minutes ago, Davida said:

My opinion differs from you on this

Yes my dear I see that. But my point was I was asked basically what I think about Harry Potter and I reply to my thoughts on Harry Potter. To which I got what I felt was a tongue lashing for doing so. While it seems to me that everyone else who happens to think that Harry Potter is evil or witchcraft are free to express these views. I feel I am singled out and more or less told to kept my thoughts to myself. My last post is not a  complaint  about you or anyone else here not liking Harry Potter. It is about being put to shame when I freely give my thoughts on a topic when I was asked to do so my the original poster.

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

20 minutes ago, nebula said:
17 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry Nebula , your statement : " Real witchcraft is a religion. And it is about making a god out of yourself. "

Witchcraft has never been about making anyone a God. Modern day witchcraft is called Wicca. It is a pagan faith that worships a horned God and a goddess that has nothing to do with any Judao-Christian beliefs.  It is thought that it started with the Celts and moved foreword from them.

The most prominent belief is that Magic spells are the control of nature to bend it to their will. It is not to make anyone a God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

I know this because I have had dealings with several of them in debates over Christianity and Atheism. Believe me they are more the Tree huggers version of religious sects more than anything.

I think the Biblical version of witchcraft is more demonic possession and the like. I have talked about the Harry Potter series at length and I have found that the worse thing about it is the imaginations of those who put more to it than what is there. That includes the unbelievers who relish the chance of tossing it in our faces as and not even understanding what a familiar spirit is. Harry Potter isn't demonic, but it is the first step in romanticizing the idea of the occult, because there are so many out there who live for sensation and sensation is what Satanism is all about.  That's why it needs to be talked about instead of demonized.  You demonize something and that draws the interests of those sensation seekers, who most likely will not stop until they are deep into the occult.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

All you people ever do here is judge me. I am always having to prove my Christianity to you all over and over again. After all the topic was asking me my views on Harry Potter which I freely gave. If it was a topic for only those who think of Harry Potter as evil then it should have said so. I can not freely give my views on anything even when ask to do so with out being ridiculed for it. If no one wants to know what I think about something then don't ask.

I don't think anyone is trying to judge you Lady.  You are free to state what you believe and why.  

I believe Harry Potter to be not a good place for Christians.  It can lead to so many other things that are not good.  As I stated in the OP if I had kids they would not be allowed anywhere near Harry Potter.  But that is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

You are free to state what you believe and why.

I did. And 1to3 gave me a good lashing for doing so. :blink:

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

Just so there is no misunderstanding that was not my quote , that was me answering Nebula as to what quote she made was I referring to.

I had difficulty editing that and ended up with the way it looked out of frustration.  Sorry for that.

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

Wicca is more of a neopagan  goddess & earth worship religion that was introduced in the 20th century . Witchcraft has been around for 1000's of yrs as the Bible attests in the scripture below.  Witches work with familiar spirits (demons)  and enchantments (spells, magic)  and Acts 19  says they "used curious arts and brought their books."

Leviticus 19:31 - Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God.

Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 20:27 - A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them

Leviticus 20:6 - And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Isaiah 8:19 - And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Galatians 5:20-21 - Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

2 Chronicles 33:6 - And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

2 Kings 21:6 - And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke [him] to anger.

Revelation 22:15 - For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

1 Samuel 15:23 - For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king.

Acts 19:19 - Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all [men]: and they counted the price of them, and found [it] fifty thousand [pieces] of silver.

1 Chronicles 10:13-14 - So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to enquire [of it];   (Read More...)

Isaiah 19:3 - And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

I might have gotten wrong information, but I was told Wicca is a reworking of a older pagan religion and repackaged for public consumption.I've read stories about the raise of spiritualism back then and had no reason to question  the facts on this.  i do agree with the Witchcraft thing being so old. I think I posted some of the links you quoted a while back.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I meant by you being the god was that it's all about self-empowerment. 

In any event, the deeds mentioned in the posted Scriptures are not the kinds of things the book series portrays.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I did. And 1to3 gave me a good lashing for doing so. :blink:

So ignore 1to3 and move on.  You still have your right to state what you believe just as I do.

31 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

So ignore 1to3 and move on.  You still have your right to state what you believe just as I do.

How do i ignore someone when they call me out on something? When they try to make me out to be something I am not?  I must admit that it is hard if not impossible for me to ignore someone who calls me out on something. Maybe that is my weakness? These things play over and over in my mind until I must say something or I will burst! Yes, perhaps I need to work on this things. Perhaps I came out of hiding too soon. It just that  it does not  feel like anyone is on my side.

Edited by LadyKay