IGNORED

An elementary question, which I cannot answer!!!

Irish_Graham

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

These are 2 common question which Ive been asked about Christianity, and I cant answer them despite how simple they sound!!

1) Haven't scientists proven that 2 people couldnt have been the sole ancestors/producers of the whole population ie. Adam and Eve? Something about the low chances of survival generations later due to inbreeding or something like that!!

2) If Adam and Eve bore two males called Kane and Abel, who did Kane and Abel marry to produce more kids?

They sound easy dont they, but Ive been stumped by them!!

Thanks and God Bless,

Graham

I have had this question in my mind a lot..

I do not get out much so I have never heard of anyone asking about the genes of Adam and Eve..

First and formost...who do you believe?

I believe the Genesis account that God created Adam and Eve and all men are their descendants..the Word of God...

IF a scientist comes up with Proof that it is impossible for all mankind to have come from them then who are you going to believe?

God or the scientists..

have they not already said we came from something out of some primordial muck..

If someone is asking because they are non Christians and they are trying to sway you then choice is yours to believe or not...

Did God create mankind as in the Genesis account or not?

God will not make you believe either....You will always have that choice..

if they are asking because they are wanting to know more about Christianity show them the first chapter of Genesis....they will either believe or not..

You can show people Gods word but you cannot make them believe it...

I do not know if that helped or not but it was nice to be able to talk to you..

I hope God will put all your thoughts on this in a clear focased answer for you so the next time someone asks you will have an answer that YOU are happy with..

whether they are or not....because many will not be ..

The word of God is for you...the believer ..to grow on..

those who do not believe will not believe it no matter what.

my 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

who are you going to believe?

God or the scientists..

I'm going to believe the evidence. It's usually right.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

I think the comment was used in the context of these boards being a Christian community wherein Mitochondrial Eve has been misunderstood more than once. No point bringing the others in, as we're only talking about the Christian Bible, not the Qu'ran or the Torah. In any case, Eve is a direct reference to Genesis- perhaps this nomenclature, however facetious, is more likely to make the concept seem attractive to those who believe the Christian Eve existed.

LOL

You do not believe God created the Heaven and Earth?

I find that an odd stance for A Christian...

Edited by tah

LOL

Hello Tah!

How are you?

You do not believe God created the Heaven and Earth?

Yes I do!

are you saying Genisis account is a myth?

Taken literally, physically, yes. However, I argue that the real content of Genesis isn't physical or scientific, but spiritual. In this sense, it is important and true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

First of all Bread of Life, first of all, I need to say you are the most confussing person in the forumn, Some months your are Christian, other''s you are atheist.

And when Christian, you also come up with weird things, sometimes you even come denying what's on The Bible.

Leonard:

Mitochondrial Eve was not the only female alive during her time. All that research means is that she had an unbroken line of daughters, so that we see her DNA in all of us. The whole point of genetics and gene pools is that, witout diversity, they start to crumble. When people start to marry sister to brother, sooner or later, apart from the mental, physical and health disorders which become almost immediately aparent, infertility sets in. If there was only Adam and Eve- only one family, with no new blood from unrelated family groups- well, we wouldn't be here. The population did shrink drastically at one point in history, but you still need new blood: people to marry into an existing group who don't share its genetic characteristics.

Sigh really not much of a point here.

The simple answer is , if you knew, Inter family marrying was permitted at first, no disease or anything, but after a while as someone said, the population grew so much and also probably the sodomnism grew so much that God decided so you would not have sexual relations with your own family, after this, since it was no longer blessed by God, sickness were allowed to come in now that God had prohibeted it.

Why I say not much of a point is, seing here your evolutionist mind, you will probably say not possible, because you don't believe in Jesus Christ, so theirfore you still stick to what science says.

Here's a fact, my grand father ( Rest in Peace and with Jesus Christ) went through a lot of religions in his life, he even founded the omni and para normal society in my country.

Well he got through all religions, high ranks in some that have ranks, even he was atheist for a time aswell, you want to know how he died, he accepted God Jesus in his bed in hospital, and he wasn't in for something that was gonna kill him, but he did died, but he accepted God Jesus a few days before he died, you know what, he looked soo much in peace.(And he was)

My point is,atheist and many others, will go through their life denying Christ. Some know He exist, but rather don't go by His ways because they are afraid of changing their corrupt way of life.

Others who just simply don't believe in Jesus.

Some 20 % probably end up believing in Jesus Christ in their death beds.

Simply, back to topic.

My point is, why atheist keep trying to proof us wrong, is simply cause many know God is there, but they want to deny Him.

And for those who don't believe in Christ when they die, my friend, their life after death isn't very welcoming.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

CellShade:

"The simple answer is , if you knew, Inter family marrying was permitted at first, no disease or anything, but after a while as someone said, the population grew so much and also probably the sodomnism grew so much that God decided so you would not have sexual relations with your own family, after this, since it was no longer blessed by God, sickness were allowed to come in now that God had prohibeted it.

Why I say not much of a point is, seing here your evolutionist mind, you will probably say not possible, because you don't believe in Jesus Christ, so theirfore you still stick to what science says."

What you have said here is not an argument to prove the existence of God; it is something that can only be believed after God has already been accepted. If I were trying to collate evidence to prove to myself the truth of Christianity, this argument would not wash. Why? There is no evidence for it unless you already believe. It cannot stand alone; it cannot be observed. Even if I were taking into account what the Bible says, that explanation, while parts of it may be extrapolated from or used to explain Biblical events, is not, of itself, Biblical. It is your personal theory to explain why the Bible and and our scientific understanding of genetics don't contradict one another; the part about sodomy seems like pure fiction.

You cannot simply sigh at what I've said. To an objective observer, your position is neither self-evident nor supported by any tangible evidence. It is faith-based, which means that the logic of it only goes unquestioned by those who share your faith. As such, it is self contained, and canot be used to refute a statement which does not share its opening premise: that God created the world.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

CellShade:

"The simple answer is , if you knew, Inter family marrying was permitted at first, no disease or anything, but after a while as someone said, the population grew so much and also probably the sodomnism grew so much that God decided so you would not have sexual relations with your own family, after this, since it was no longer blessed by God, sickness were allowed to come in now that God had prohibeted it.

Why I say not much of a point is, seing here your evolutionist mind, you will probably say not possible, because you don't believe in Jesus Christ, so theirfore you still stick to what science says."

What you have said here is not an argument to prove the existence of God; it is something that can only be believed after God has already been accepted. If I were trying to collate evidence to prove to myself the truth of Christianity, this argument would not wash. Why? There is no evidence for it unless you already believe. It cannot stand alone; it cannot be observed. Even if I were taking into account what the Bible says, that explanation, while parts of it may be extrapolated from or used to explain Biblical events, is not, of itself, Biblical. It is your personal theory to explain why the Bible and and our scientific understanding of genetics don't contradict one another; the part about sodomy seems like pure fiction.

You cannot simply sigh at what I've said. To an objective observer, your position is neither self-evident nor supported by any tangible evidence. It is faith-based, which means that the logic of it only goes unquestioned by those who share your faith. As such, it is self contained, and canot be used to refute a statement which does not share its opening premise: that God created the world.

Well I do respect your opinion and also do notice you were polite in your responjse.

One thing that maybe you didn't understand correctly or maybe I needed to give more focus in it, is that the only reason that atheist won't believe that isn't because of faith, the thing is atheist won't like to be proven wrong in their beliefs that theirs no God.

Another thing, science has changed a lot in theories in the last 50 years or so.

Christianity has always standed firm on where it is.

The point exactly is.

Science discovers new things every day, one prob that will contradict with a belief they had, not neccesarly religius.

The truth has always being there, science knows it, but rather fears to admit what they know contradicts to the most and a lot of what they stand for.

So basically.

Now one thing you would be conflicting yourself.

IF evolution would exist as you people claim it, then why isn't the change from inter family from healthy to diseases a fact for you people?I mean after all, you guys could consider that evolving, but simply deny that possibility or even fact. Becuase you know then it would be agreeing to what The Bible says.

A fact not atheist will believe in one thing in The Bible, maybe some things, but still deny Jesus Christ.

And anything that proof's Jesus existence.

Well I dunno if I was good at explaning, but right now I am tired and ready to have a soundly sleep while Jesus Christ protects me from any danger or anything that may disturb my sleep :24: . Beat that atheist :) Having Jesus with me and my family all the time. Priceless.