• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

The Rapture of the Church will occur when Christ returns for those that are His:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The word in verse 17 that is translated "caught up" is harp

Guest notlostatall

Rapture talk is meant to be "soothing words" by Tv evangelists who promise you things to sooth your mind.

Old testament called them SOOTH SAYERS BECAUSE THEY SAID 'DON'T WORRY, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, YOU'LL BE RAPTURED AND WON'T HAVE TO SUFFER."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Rapture talk is meant to be "soothing words" by Tv evangelists who promise you things to sooth your mind.

Old testament called them SOOTH SAYERS BECAUSE THEY SAID 'DON'T WORRY, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, YOU'LL BE RAPTURED AND WON'T HAVE TO SUFFER."

That is because of how they teach it. The ones saying that all believers, including the lukewarm and backslid will go are doing just as you said. The Bible plainly teaches that if we are not watching and waiting on the Lord's return, (living a holy lifestyle), when the trumpet sounds, we will be left behind. If anything, this message if preached correctly should keep us on the straight and narrow pathway. The idea all will go throught the great tribulation would have just the opposite effect. That would leave us with the mentality we must prepare to save ourselves, and the message becomes, hoard up food, water and medicine and find a place to ride the tribulation out. The true rapture message teaches us to be watching for Jesus' return at all times.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::wub::41::41::41:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I have never believed in the rapture theory... :o

I do believe we will be in the tribulation.. :41:

wouldn't it be nice if God would just fly me out of my difficult circumstances.. :41::thumbsup:

no hoarding attitude here...God will supply all our needs.... :thumbsup:

Gosh but if you guys are right won't that be nice... :41:

don't you wonder what people believed before the little lady saw her vision in 1830... :wub:

In all seriousness, I do not think God would warn us of the end times troubles if He was going to fly us away during trouble...but , that's just what I believe...God knows!!

I am confident in Him no matter what happens...

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Oops...couldn't find rapture...

Like I said ...to me it is no big deal..I believe we will experience tribulation..and I believe He is well able to keep us throught it..

Hey , if I am wrong great!!!I like the idea of getting out of it ...who wouldn't... :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The word "Rapture" comes from the greek word "Raptide" which means to be caught up. We will MEET him in the air (this is the rapture) and then we will all be taken to Jerusalem to the Mount of Olives.

We won't be raptured to heaven, we will meet him in the air.

We WILL go through the great tribulation. the Luke 21 reference you used the word "Escape" does not mean to be taken out of but rather to "seek safety in flight". We need to be prayerful and watchful so the Lord can protect us from the great tribulation, that we might follow his provision. "As n the day's of Noah" Noah heeded God's warning and was saved from the flood because he followed God's direction. There are clear signs the Bible gives us for knowing the "season" not the "day or hour" but the "season" of his coming. We need to be "Watchful" to know this season and to be alert.

Guest jckduboise

The word "Rapture" comes from the greek word "Raptide" which means to be caught up. We will MEET him in the air (this is the rapture) and then we will all be taken to Jerusalem to the Mount of Olives.

We WILL go through the great tribulation. the Luke 21 reference you used the word "Escape" does not mean to be taken out of but rather to "seek safety in flight". We need to be prayerful and watchful so the Lord can protect us from the great tribulation, that we might follow his provision. "As n the day's of Noah" Noah heeded God's warning and was saved from the flood because he followed God's direction. There are clear signs the Bible gives us for knowing the "season" not the "day or hour" but the "season" of his coming. We need to be "Watchful" to know this season and to be alert.

That is true about Noah, but if you will recall, God made a way of escape, the ark of safety. He didn't leave him in the flood waters and help him to swim. Just as Noah had a way of escape, I believe those watching and waiting on the Lord's return will have an escape from the great tribulation. If not, I would say we best be storing up non-perishable foods, water and medical supplies while we can.

yep..good advice

That is true about Noah, but if you will recall, God made a way of escape, the ark of safety. He didn't leave him in the flood waters and help him to swim. Just as Noah had a way of escape, I believe those watching and waiting on the Lord's return will have an escape from the great tribulation. If not, I would say we best be storing up non-perishable foods, water and medical supplies while we can.

yep..good advice

Again, I disagree. We will be working in GOD'S provision. Manna from heaven. God will provide for us...no need to "store up treasures" on earth. Remember that in the last day's there will be so much supernatural happening that people will be numbed by it. The fact is that there are ALREADY people going through a great tribulation that are now bitter at Western missionaries because they said they would not have to go through great tribulation. This is sad. Not only that if Jesus came to take away Christians first that would mean he is returning 2 more times!! No where in my bible does it say he is returning 2 more times...the idea is rediculous. Remember scripture say's EVERY eye will see him. He won't come in secret and take us away first...everyone will see him coming in the clouds. THere is A LOT in scripture about enduring in times of tribulation...I can't see how God would make so much scripture irrelevant for Christians.

In fact the first time people even consitered that Jesus would take Christians away to heaven was not until Augistine presented it. Because he was in the greek style of thinking that has to seperate the physical from the spiritual. He did not believe a MAN could return to earth.

If you talk to the majority of people that have not heard any teaching from other books and materials but that bible...almost all of them believe that they will be going through tribulation. Corrie Ten boom talked about a tribe in Africa that have turned against the church because they were promised they would not go through tribulation...sure enough they went through great tribulation and were not prepared. The missionaries repented saying "we should have prepared thier hearts for tribulation.

Even if I AM wrong, I think it would be safer to be prepared for it.

It's just that the Bible discribes so much detail about the tribulation, it does not make sense that we would be in scripture if it is irrelevant.

It would be unjust for God to take people in only ONE generation out of tribulation when through the ages people have gone through tribulation. Nevermind the fact that it clearly tells us about martyrdom in Revelation.

another thing to ponder: Mat 25:31 But when the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory:

Mat 25:32 and before him shall be gathered all the nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats;

It doesnt say "when he comes a second time" and it doesnt say that the "throne is in heaven" when he comes HERE he will sit on his throne. That's why later on it also say's the angels will gather the saints from around the world and we will meet him in the air. Then we will all go to Jerusalem and he will be in the rebuilt temple

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I don' think it's really necessary to turn this thread into yet another OSAS debate. If that's the desire of the posters involved, I will move the thread to a more appropriate forum. But consider how many threads we already have going on this subject. A newbie just started one yesterday! :)