IGNORED

On TBN....

Ovedya

Guest New Creature

I agree with you God-Man, I don't think TBN is doing much to raise up real Christian disciples. It is not enough for them just to write down recorded salvations. New Christians have to be trained in proper doctrine or they will fall into the wrong message of the Bible.

Maybe thats their intention. I really hate feeling this bitter. When do you think it will go away?

God Bless you all.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The Lord knows. Perhaps not until His return. After all, there will be many who say, "Lord did we not....and did we not...?"

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It is not enough for them just to write down recorded salvations. New Christians have to be trained in proper doctrine

Amen! :t2:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I'll add my Amen along with Cats. Some of our crusading evangelicals cast a wide net. Trouble is there are too many holes in the net and a big percentage of the fish that are caught fall through the holes and find themselves back where they started. And many of the fish that are landed dont always get fed and nurtured properly and find themselves worse off,spiritually, than the ones that got away because of the wrong counselling and glory-seeking church leaders It saddens my heart when I hear of God's lambs getting the wrong food.

I thank God for people like G-man and Gary and Patsy and everyone else that exposes the works of false preachers and false prophets in Christ's holy name.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Blindseeker:

I can't imagine you out on the beach with a sign protesting TBN! I have a different image of you somehow, being much more conservative than that.

If I had more time, I would probably be in my little town at night with a sign nowadays, except it wouldn't be about TBN . . .

Unfortunately, too many things require my time due to my family's size . . . as well as other extended family needs right now.

Guest shadow2b
I agree with you God-Man, I don't think TBN is doing much to raise up real Christian disciples. It is not enough for them just to write down recorded salvations. New Christians have to be trained in proper doctrine or they will fall into the wrong message of the Bible.

Maybe thats their intention. I really hate feeling this bitter. When do you think it will go away?

God Bless you all.

NEW-CREATURE-- 1/st. just praise the LORD HE led you out of this cult, THAT'S THE most important

thing---2/nd.- the anger, embarrassment, spiritual pain, takes a little while {it took us 5 years} to get over...the thought that people that called you{brother--sister} were only after your $$$$$$$$

then to realize that they were "leading" you into a satanic cult--man-o-man-that's when the ANGER "HITS" & that's really BAD--"that" took me a long time to get out & over...Then the embarrassment that you{ME} could have been so blind, not recognized the small ,little lies,half truths??--it goes like "what part of a little lie --isNOT a lie???? ya see ,we "knew" the Bible right???

BUT satan is a "master deceiver" he's had a long time to practice & perfect his little lies right????

{it took us a long time to realize that--but it doesn't help much}then the thought comes up { how could {I} have "left" JESUS???} "betrayed" HIM--???? "That" hurts the most---& is the hardest to get over.... THE "bitterness" i think just kind-a- subsides as you {I} get back to reading HIS WORD-,

& asking JESUS to forgive you {ME} for "betraying" HIM & being so stupid.. { at least that's how I felt----Stupid} For me, it was very embarrassing & humiliating... I was the one that was supposed to "protect" my family {just me & Patsy--at that time} to be sure we were hearing & reading the WORD OF GOD correctly...I was the one that was to be accountable--the "priest" of my home...

IT does "help" to get it out to folks that can understand all the turmoil we went thru & are still going thru at times...That"s the purpose of this thread, to help ourselves & those that are just coming out of that garbage...TO minister to each other & to help them realize that "they" are not the only ones that were deceived, that WE are all not alone--there's brothers & sisters that can help to heal the wounds, to get all of us back to looking to JESUS the author & finisher of FAITH..

Ya-know--JESUS allowed "US" to go into that cult for a reason, THEN HE brought "US" out...

SO our faith will be strenghtened, OUR DEDICATION TO HIM will be much more appreciated. {I think} & we can "warn" others about this deadly cult.. hope i haven't rambled on too much & you can make some sense out of it--anyhow-----GOD-BLESS-&-DON'T-GIVE-UP-----------Gary--

Guest New Creature

Hi Gary and God Bless you and your dear wife.

This site and the people here like you, Pasty and God-Man have been such a blessing to me. Its been so good to know that I will see the "light" again. God is sooooo good!!! I just see His hand on this whole matter. I have written before that my sister was more into this than I. I had watched her getting more and more angry as to why the formula of faith was not working for her. I had been crying out to God for weeks that He had to help my sister. I would remind God how she had sown her seed, spoke the words of faith. Heck she even went on a two different 40-day no beer fast hoping to have a word from God. I told God that if He didn't help her she might just give up on Him.

But Praise the name of Jesus she has been set free. Last night I was on the phone with her as she was throwing away all her her WoF books and tapes. We were sick on how much money we have both spent on this garbage. She read to me portions of her journal where she has pages of statements of Faith that she wrote out to repeat, so they would get into her spirit. I was shocked, my sis is a great writer and her statements of faith were so full of everything she had been taught by these people. Oh, for your info her man of choice was Creflo Dollar. She just bought into everything he taught. Creflo is carbon copy of Copeland if you don't know him.

All we could do was laugh at our stupidity. We have cried enough. We have ask for God's forgiveness. Now we must move on and learn how to walk with the Lord the way He intended.

Know what we find so amazing? Its that we came out without a fight at all. As soon as we were exposed to the truth it was like we could see everything so clearly. I watch these people that I had loved so much and I just can't believe how I fell for it all. This telethon that I am watching is so sick. There are all these self proclaimed prophets looking at pledge forms and giving words out to these people. Last night one of these "Prophets" that I have never seen before said the most outrageous things. He said that we decide how much to give to God, but that was wrong. We need to give what God tells us to. We need to go beyond our decisions and take a step of faith. Basically he was telling people to give more money than they have. He even said we should put it on our credit card, even if we are believing to get out of debt.

Then this guy said that God was no longer in the creative business. He is now in the multiplying business. He also says not to pray for what we want we, are to speak it so.

I'm sorry, you see how this get to me. I actually think it was part of God's plan to bring me out of WoF at the same time the telethon was going on. I have had a fast education on the truth. How funny that this telethon is all about the prophet.

Oh well thanks to all that read this long rant. You are good people. :laugh:

<>< YSIC ><>

Teresa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

TBN=Turn Back Now :laugh: i was upset at a scene from tbn one day.it showed paul taking a chunk of rock from the base of Mt. Calvary.he said that for everyone who sent in a love offering for that month would receive a piece of rock set inside of a cross pendant. maybe i was jumping the gun,but it hit me wrong.taking a chunk of rock from Mt.Calvary is like taking lady liberty's finger off her hand!this is a sacred place to all christians.why sell it?sorry but i had to add my 2 cents on this matter :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

TBN=Turn Back Now :laugh: i was upset at a scene from tbn one day.it showed paul taking a chunk of rock from the base of Mt. Calvary.he said that for everyone who sent in a love offering for that month would receive a piece of rock set inside of a cross pendant. maybe i was jumping the gun,but it hit me wrong.taking a chunk of rock from Mt.Calvary is like taking lady liberty's finger off her hand!this is a sacred place to all christians.why sell it?sorry but i had to add my 2 cents on this matter :laugh:

I'd bet $10 the real "love gift" is nothing more than a chunk of rock from the nearest quarry. There is no way that the Israeli government would allow TBN to remove hundreds of pounds of rock from Calvary and ship it to the States. And even if they did, there is no way that TBN would pay all the $ to get it here.