• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

littlejoe,

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. There is something that Jesus conveyed to us on at least 2 separate occasions in the NT regarding the first last and the last first. I am trying to get other peoples takes on what that means.

Are you implying that NT people will be first and OT people will be last? :emot-hug:

No Iam sorry I seem to have added more confusion than necessary for my brothers and sisters in Christ. All I was saying that it seems to me more people are aware of The new testament writtings than the old testament writtings I Know the bible is whole and both complete it. It was just food for thought, I believe it started when I read the lines the firstshall be last andthe last first, it just struck me that since most people can qoute verses from the New testament Unless they are really into the bible they can't do the same with theold. I am not knocking anybody here,nor am I saying one part of the bible is better than the other for me it is one complete book which is the inspired Word ofGod. Sorry guys I really didn't mean to cause such confusion. I am a bible student and by the Grace of God an adopted child of God. Hope this helps Love in Chrisst littlejoe

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

littlejoe,

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. There is something that Jesus conveyed to us on at least 2 separate occasions in the NT regarding the first last and the last first. I am trying to get other peoples takes on what that means.

No Iam sorry I seem to have added more confusion than necessary for my brothers and sisters in Christ. All I was saying that it seems to me more people are aware of The new testament writtings than the old testament writtings I Know the bible is whole and both complete it. It was just food for thought, I believe it started when I read the lines the firstshall be last andthe last first, it just struck me that since most people can qoute verses from the New testament Unless they are really into the bible they can't do the same with theold. I am not knocking anybody here,nor am I saying one part of the bible is better than the other for me it is one complete book which is the inspired Word ofGod. Sorry guys I really didn't mean to cause such confusion. I am a bible student and by the Grace of God an adopted child of God. Hope this helps Love in Chrisst littlejoe

I agree with you that the New Testament is more read than the Old or so it seems. Not once did it ever occur to me you were ever knocking anyone. What I am trying to say is your original question is perhaps you had found something or a verse in the OT that gives reference to this verse and what your take on the meaning of these words are? :emot-hug:

I asked the question below, from my previous post, because I thought you had found more verses in the Old Testament that helps to complete the topic "the last first?"

Are you implying that NT people will be first and OT people will be last? :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just food for thought: Since most professing Christians are more familiar with the new testament maybe it"s talking about the bible. I know that 's sad but true. With that being said, you can find Jesus in the Oldtestament you just have to look harder. Since the new is enfolded in The Old,and TheOld is revealed in The new just maybe the first last,and the new first what do you think? Love in Christ littlejoe

I do love the Old Testament it is wonderful.....I need a little clearer picture on what you are saying. Could you reword your question?

No I didn't find any verse and I don't knon of any love in Christ littlejoe

Guest jckduboise

what I think it means is that the lowest man on the totem pole of society will be placed first to receive the gift of "poor in spirit" and up the ladder we go, I think it means that those who place themselves above others in any way will receive the least of this gift.

I think the lowliest of people will be honored greatly in Heaven. And the gift will be plenty.

I think the most abused and battered people will sit closest to the right hand of Christ.

I think that those who battle for Christ and His Majesty The Lord Almighty will be taken to heaven first.

Jesus said Humble yourselves before the Lord because that is the greatest gift of love that we can give our Heavenly Host. And in doing so our gifts are plenty and we do it ONLY because we love the Lord with all of our hearts, minds, and soul.............

It is purely SPIRITUAL...nothing ELSE

Praise be to God our ABBA

Guest jckduboise

There is another picture to add to this mysterious question.

God created everything. He was the very beginning. Genesis

Revelations: 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne, and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.

Okay so, God was, he created earth and sky, and all that was in it, He created vegetation and animals, He formed man's body from the earth, He then breathed life into it. And man and woman were.

He formed Israel, He brought Jesus, Jesus was crucified and resurrected,He introduced the Gentiles and thus formed the church...

In reverse as in the book of revelations...the church is taken and since the church was formed with the Gentiles they are taken as the church..Jesus returns to take Israel home, the spirits of life He breathed return to Him, little by little the earth and all inhabitants are taken from the earth until there is nothing on earth but the waters and the sky, last but NOT least, the heavens and the earth fall away and the Beginning is sitting on His throne to restore and take all who Love Him to their New Heaven and New Earth. This is now the End of the Beginning and the Beginning of the End. The last first and the first last.

If following these you will see that according to the book of revelations it is in exactly the opposite order as it was made from the very beginning.....

Guest quadding101

It is refering to judgement. The last person to enter hell will be the first person to be judged. The first person to enter hell will be the last person judged. This is true for man, the angels that rebelled will be judged after man has been judged. Take mohammed for example, all that have been decieved because of his koran will be judged before him and then he will answer for them and suffer in hell for causing them to believe a lie and be damned. I hope this explaines it for u.

Edited by quadding101

Guest jckduboise
It is refering to judgement. The last person to enter hell will be the first person to be judged. The first person to enter hell will be the last person judged. This is true for man, the angels that rebelled will be judged after man has been judged. Take mohammed for example, all that have been decieved because of his koran will be judged before him and then he will answer for them and suffer in hell for causing them to believe a lie and be damned. I hope this explaines it for u.

thank you

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

i believe these might hold a clue or two.

john 20

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

matthew 11

16But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

17And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

20Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:

21Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

and, of course, as an adjunct to what david from bern said about the beatitudes, from one of my favorite chapters:

matthew 23

1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.