• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Like the people of Athens during Apostle Paul's time, we Americans seem to occupy ourselves solely in the effort to hear or to say some new thing. That was a powerful vision.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1953

Like the people of Athens during Apostle Paul's time, we Americans seem to occupy ourselves solely in the effort to hear or to say some new thing. That was a powerful vision.

Thanks Leonard, I had'nt quite thought of it this way before but yes, you are absolutely right. It's a lust , a constant craving for the new, the exciting.

your sister in Christ

Swarna

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I see is the people tend to seek the "thrill" rather than the God behind the thrill (when it comes to "revival movements" at least).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What I see is the people tend to seek the "thrill" rather than the God behind the thrill (when it comes to "revival movements" at least).

Amen. I think that applies to many areas in the faith. We get enamoured with programs rather than God

Yes Nebula, when our flesh is not put to death, we are often times led by our senses. We seek 'thrills'. The '"grass always seems greener on the other side" . Never satisfied with simple truths we willingly submit to seductions.

There is a dread in our flesh, that 'we might miss it'. That 'God will pass us by' .

But those who believe and trust in God, will not make haste. They will not judge by mere appearances, but will make a righteous judgment.

thanks Nebula

love........in Christ

Swarna

Amen. I think that applies to many areas in the faith. We get enamoured with programs rather than God

EricH, you are right. It does apply to many areas in the faith. Sometimes we tend to treat our faith/salvation as a commodity, as a 'T.V.' set, which always seems to need upgrading and exchanging for a newer version......why? to ' keep up with the Joneses"

We get so easily glamorized.

So therefore let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our faith who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, and scorning it's shame sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

love...in Christ

Swarna

Guest jckduboise

Your vision said another thing to me...these people were boxed in the time they lived in...then shipped to our time (2006)..they were given a choice to come out of the box..but there were those who liked the safety and comfort of the familiar..even though they were cramped and weary.

How many of us put God in a box? How many of us make God as small as our minds conceive ourselves to be? How many of us put God into a simple dimensional being instead of the many dimensions, the largeness of His abilities and mind?

People today and yesterday are the same..they want no change..things are much easier to cope with if nothing changes and if concepts are kept in the physical...but spiritually many are asleep. Many are unable to grasp the spiritual meanings of God's words and they are unable to see that many scriptures have different meanings and that every word in a scripture is to be recognized for multi meaning and not just what applies to our daily physical lives.

God wants us out of the boxes and to view His world as it is-spriritual..if we are unable to live outside of the box we are in danger of perishing.

That is what I saw from your vision.

thank you for sharing it with us.