Chou

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

People dress wierd for one reason: They want to focus attention on THEMSELVES. They WANT people to notice them. Well, at church our attention ought to be on God. Don't come to distract.

Maybe, but people also dress up fancy to draw attention on themselves. We need to be careful NOT to judge a book by the cover. ONLY GOD knows for sure why a person dresses or looks the way they do. We should give people the benefit of the doubt since we really don't know.

This has to be a new record, quoting a 6 year old post :P

WOW, I never noticed that. I think the moderators on this site are.starting to know me well by now. At least 2 have noticed that I answer threads years old ( totally by accident, I don't look at the dates, I just read and answer ). I have to admit that is pretty funny. So if its a record, what do I win? :):):):)

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

People dress wierd for one reason: They want to focus attention on THEMSELVES. They WANT people to notice them. Well, at church our attention ought to be on God. Don't come to distract.

Maybe, but people also dress up fancy to draw attention on themselves. We need to be careful NOT to judge a book by the cover. ONLY GOD knows for sure why a person dresses or looks the way they do. We should give people the benefit of the doubt since we really don't know.

This has to be a new record, quoting a 6 year old post :P

WOW, I never noticed that. I think the moderators on this site are.starting to know me well by now. At least 2 have noticed that I answer threads years old ( totally by accident, I don't look at the dates, I just read and answer ). I have to admit that is pretty funny. So if its a record, what do I win? :):):):)

I do that too, i go looking for thread titles that interest me and respond to the posts; i rarely look at the date on a lot of them.

I think you win, kudos :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

LOL well the record was just broken by someone posting in a ten year old thread. So you have your work cut out for you laugh.gif.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This whole thread of conversation has been completely absorbing and interesting. I think, instead of looking on one's appearances or making judgements (either for or against) a person's choice of expression, the real question and focus should be on are we really loving one another as Christ loves us? Jesus made no difference between people. People were people. Rather than wasting precious time on how one should or should not dress, why not get back to what IS important. Doing the work of the Father and loving one another. Souls of the lost are perishing by the moment...and we are worried about what others are wearing? Which do you think God is more interested in?

LOL well the record was just broken by someone posting in a ten year old thread. So you have your work cut out for you laugh.gif.

If that's a challenge..... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

There is no such thing as a Goth in the Bible. There is no such thing as a Christian Goth. Yes there may be Christians who dress as goths, arguably no problem, but Goth has no relevance to Christianity.

Really? Then there must be all kinds of Christian "followed-by-a-label" that there are no such things as. Exactly what kind of box does a person have to fit into, in your narrow understanding, to be a Christian? Because every single one of us does something in our lives that is not pleasing to God. We could probably agree that there really is no such thing as a Christian who is a rampant adulterer, homosexual, rapists or child molester, but not Christian because of the way someone dresses? Really? Really? That's like saying there is no such thing as a Christian Cowboy or a Christian Mennonite or a Christian Indian. Goth is just a form of dress and liking different literature and music than someone else. And before you tell me the liturature and music is dark and bad, you could say the same thing about almost any form of music. What you are pushing is legalism.

I couldn't have put it better myself. AMEN :thumbsup:

• Loved it! 1

• 10 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The subculture goth most definitely has a niche known as Christian goths. Being gothic is perfectly fine and acceptable. Dressing predominantly in black and enjoying darker niches of entertainment such as horror or things that are Burtonesque is not a problem. Neither is finding beauty in cemeteries, black and white photos and ect… 

hopfully those who came here was benefited. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

1 Corinthians 11:3-15 ESV

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. ...

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.