Ok........ here it goes...i'm really desperate

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm 19 years old and i'm a katholic. My faith in god is VERY important to me. I'm really trying my best not to be a sinner.

I always did the right thing... everything i did was for others, like my family. I was always the""good" litlle girl. But now i grew up

and i fell in love. He's my first and only great love. I never knew such a great guy exsistet. He's everything i dreamed of. He's

truly one of a kind. And he conquered my heart. He trully does love me too. Were together for almost 2 years know.

No you probably think what's the problem ha? But unfortunately, my parents will never ever except him because he is a muslim.

They think it will never ever work between us. But thats not true, he isn't that much of a regilious person. He isn't very stricked in

his belief. I even know more about his faith than he does. Anyway i love him so much and we've already agreed that we will adjust

to one another.

My parents don't know were together, i just know that if the know they will break us up. But I don't want to lie anymore about were

i am when i'm with him. It kills me to lie over and over. It makes me feel so bad inside. But i don't know anymore WHAT to do! I

love him soooooooooooooooooooo much. Its not just a crush or something i just know he is the one for me! Like he is made for me.

But sometimes i wonder.. am i doing the right thing? I can't go on like this forever.. but i really can't tell my parents. When i think

about a futher with him and of all the problems we will have, cause we have different religions and the fact that my parents will never

accept him i'll end up crying myself to sleep. I just feel like i'm on a bridge and there's fire everywere and my parents are standing at

the end of the bridge and my boyfriend at the other end, i have to go to one end but wich way do i go? And i MUST cross over or

i'll just burn...

Do you know what to do? :emot-handshake:

God bless everyone!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

Dear Mysterious Angel,

Speaking from personal experience, marrying someone who is not of the same religion as you does cause some problems. As time passes, you don't really grow together and walk down one path. It is as if you are walking near each other but on two different paths that seem to get farther and farther apart. Every time a Christian holiday rolls around, there is an emptiness on your side and when a Muslim holiday rolls around, he may or may not feel that emptiness depending on how religious he is. As he gets older and people in his life pass away, you may find him becoming a little more religious (maybe) and this may cause some disagreements.

Then there is another issue.....kids. According to Islam, the child will take the religion of his father....Muslim. In addition, as a woman, you are not required to convert to Islam but if you don't, your children will be considered "bastards" in the eyes of Islam.

FYI....I am a Christian married to a Muslim. We have been together for 19 years. We live in an Islamic country. I did NOT convert. We have a 17 month old son who has both a Muslim and aChristian name. I do not consider my son a "bastard" because he is a miracle from God. My agreement with my husband BEFORE we got married was that our child would be "Muslim" but know Christianity inside and out. My home is full of "Christian" things. We celebrate both Christmas and Ramadan and all other holidays in both religions. I think I sometimes overdo things around Christian holidays just for the sake of my son. It is up to his father to teach him about Islam, although I have studied it very well and lived in 2 Islamic countries for over 11 years.

Listen....it is a tough decision and I never like to give advice but I don't not recommend marrying someone who is not of your faith. Your family comes first. Your faith also should not be denied. Only you walk in your shoes and can make this difficult decision. Discuss "the future" with your boyfriend. See what his views are.

My husband and I love each other dearly and our relationship has worked, but there is this emptiness that keeps us from growing together. That emptiness is our different faiths.

I hope that helped.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Of course I don't know this young man, but it is a VERY common story. It is a real 'feather in the cap' for a Moslem guy to come to the U.S., act very sweet, and get an American girl--preferably blonde--to marry him, then take her back to his homeland where she becomes a slave in a burka, and stuffed into a harem!

My advice is to RUN--NOT WALK--RUN! I know what I'm talking about.

But you'll end up doing what you want to do.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

Oh Leonard,

For the majority of the time, your belief of what happens to women who marry Muslim men is not true. That is what you see in movies. I am no slave, nor do I wear a burka or abaya. I have lived in the Middle East for 11 years and never have seen a harem. Muslims can marry up to four women, but there are guidelines they must follow. I don't believe in this practice, nor does my Muslim husband of 19 years. Although, there are many people who abuse this part of the religion. In addition, my husband does not consider me a feather in his cap but he DOES feel very proud to have me as his wife and the mother of his child.

You are right....Mysterious Angel will end up doing what she wants to do regardless of what we all say.....just like everyone else.

You were the first person to respond to my first posting and said, "Welcome, dear one." I have followed your posting since then and have always admired your opinions and comments. With all due respect to you, I think this posting is stereotying someone of a different religion in a negative manner and sounds as though you got your information from American movies.

Edited by JacquelineA

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I can tell you from my experiance and from what the bible says its hard to be married to a person with a differnt relgion than yourself.

Unless your willing to go to the other side, or him then its going to be tough.

Just remember God loves you and wants us to live our lives through his word (Bible)

Good luck in whatever you choose.

God choose you. Remember that.

God Bless.

I found this.......

The Christian who wants to marry an unbeliever

When we are making decisions, God deals with us in two different ways. Before we decide, God deals with us in one way. After we decide, God deals with us in another way. If you are a Christian who wants to marry an unbeliever, you must first realize that the strongest yoke you can make on earth is the yoke of marriage. Once you tie the knot with the person, God will acknowledge it as so and will expect you to stay with him or her until death.

This is why God commands us not to be yoked with an unbeliever, but to marry only in the Lord (1Cor 7:39). It doesn't matter how cute he is, how popular or nice, or how great his personally is, there is a part in him that you can't see that will make your "plowing" in life very difficult. You will be amazed how his cuteness disappears when you start having arguments. His spirit inside is dead in sin, while yours is alive in Christ (Eph 2:1,5). This will influence nearly every decision that you will make, as well as the people you associate with. Because you have two completely different philosophies of life, you will probably argue more than if you were in a Christian marriage. Don't expect him to get excited about spiritual things and don't be surprised when he wants you to compromise your convictions. Christians who are married to unbelievers continually have problems in these areas. God wants a Christian to only marry another believer.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I've never seen the movies. I've just seen the desperate, furtive communications a few have managed to smuggle out........ Of course, as I said, I do not know this young man. He may be a most upstanding fellow, but he is a very strict Moslem according to the post. Is your husband also a very strict Moslem?

I'm not stereotyping, like I said, I don't know him, but I've known a lot of people in Moslem areas.

Further, I must point out that the Scriptures clearly order us NEVER to marry a non-Christian.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Of course I don't know this young man, but it is a VERY common story. It is a real 'feather in the cap' for a Moslem guy to come to the U.S., act very sweet, and get an American girl--preferably blonde--to marry him, then take her back to his homeland where she becomes a slave in a burka, and stuffed into a harem!

My advice is to RUN--NOT WALK--RUN! I know what I'm talking about.

But you'll end up doing what you want to do.

JacquelineA,

this is just not a Hollywood scare story! this is most certainly true! If you don't believe me ask my mother, Her best friend fell in love with a Muslim man who persuaded her just the same way this girl is, the whole, "I don't know about my religion thing."

Anyways this man took his new American wife and told her the he wanted to visit his parents in some Arab country and she hasn't been seen or heard of in America for almost 30 years.

:emot-hug: Im sorry you don't believe that it happens, but It has happened, your choice to believe it or not, and personally i don't care if you don't believe me. Pfff.... right anyway, All I know is the people who have gone through it. :th_wave: ....

and fine it worked for you, but were you forced to leave everything? Have you spoken to anyone in America in the last 18 years? I mean, this girl was abducted.... Im sorry this happened a lot, regardless to what you say! I mean great for you and all, but srory is your a rare case....

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Please do not forget that ALL children born to muslim men belong to the men. They can do whatever they want with them. Wives have no custody rights whatsoever.

Not to mention that if you live in a muslim nation, you can't take your children back to America without written consent from the father.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

First before you do anything, switch religion :) .

No offense but catholism is feeled with lies and things that aren't from God Jesus Christ.

2nd good for the one that worked out with the muslim thing, but still you agreed to the baby being born as in Islam, that's a big mistake :o . Should have inforced Jesus Christ over your son rather then letting his father have it to Islam.

Again to the girl that posted this thread, don't do it, you would be making a mistake not only are you both in the wrong religions, but also you have a big risk of what some people explained here of what could happen to you, you know what a women is worth in arab countries abiding in islam? Nothing.

In islamic countries a women is just a living being that islamic people use as slaves and reproductives machines to have kids, harsh but true.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Are not ALL Christians considered "infidels"and "worthy of death" by Muslims technically?

JacquelineA I'm just curious if you are able to openly profess your belief in Christ as Lord where you live?

Thanks so much :o

Christ's servant

-CC-