CellShade

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Like it or not, one day you will bow down and confess Jesus is God, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day)

God loves you, like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick,you never know when it's gonna be too late :o .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Thanks, but I'll take my potentially false beliefs and integrity of self over Pascal's Wager any day :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

I have to agree with you Cellshade, it is certainly a fools wager to deny Christ. Those who believe their own "wisdom" exceeds God's will be sadly and painfully corrected on that blessed day of Judgement. I am truly saddened to think of the image of them all groveling last minute before Him as they wait their turn for their eternal swim in the Lake.

Deny Him now, He'll deny you then...

I wish they could feel the amazing feeling of Christ working inside them like we do.

We will continue to pray for them

Christ's servant

-CC-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Thanks, but I'll take my potentially false beliefs and integrity of self over Pascal's Wager any day :thumbsup:

That wasn't Pascal's Wager at all. Pascal's Wager attempts to put both in the hypothetical and judges truth off the risk of belief. What Cellshade was stating was fact, not a hypothetical. There is a difference. :24:

Though you may take pride in your intellectual integrity, I will be honest; to deny Christ takes a massive desire to ignore logic. People reject Christ not because He is hard to believe in (though this is used and can be a legitimate barrier), but because He is so hard to follow. It is easier to deny He exists than to accept He is real and we are unwilling to follow.

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hmm...well, you may take them over Pascal's wager, but are you saying that when confronted with the very Word of God, that you still will cling to self?

Can you be that specific and sharpened and say, without question, that you are standing firm on your beliefs and will, without doubt, out and out reject Jesus Christ?

Please don't rush to an answer. Take some time an actually think about the question. I mean, truly think about it for a few days and then let me know.

Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Blessings,

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

When making any decision, it is important to make it a learned decision. Why not read the evidence that can show you the historical Jesus and what was said of Him in His Day and about the Bible before making your decision to accept or deny Him?

WHy would you want to make any decisions without learning first all the things involved that can help you to see if it is rational to believe the Bible or not? Is there any evidence or proff about it?

There is proof and if you read, The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict, you will have a better understanding of more than a boards post could ever tell you. It is scientific, rational learning.

Why suspend learning about a Spiritual book, anymore than a secular books validity historically and more before a decision?

The book is called, The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict, by Josh McDowell. I think that you won't be sorry for reading this and can better make your decision if you want to have Jesus or not. But, at least you will be informed scientifically, historically and much more by many, both Christian and non-Christiain..from every possible question. You can buy it online or in any Christian book store or order it either way.

If you don't make an effort to learn if this is reliable Bible and Jesus prior to a decision, then it is simple willfull ignorance and is suspending all rational thought for a predetermined belief without having real authentic information.

I challenge you to read this book and see what you think after, to make a learned decision.

Hope you are willing to be honest about this with yourself enough to learn things that you would not know elsewise.

hoping for you,

elkie

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

And I admire secondeve's intellectual honesty. Don't CLAIM to be convinced, if you're not convinced. It is important to be honest with yourself.

Guest Thomas I believe

To discover the truth we have to get past ourselves, out of ourselves. I agree with the op, that time runs short. Eve you may not believe this, but God has been speaking to you. He has been since the first day you came to worthy. Maybe you should listen to what He's saying. :thumbsup: None of us get here by accident or by coincidence.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

And I admire secondeve's intellectual honesty. Don't CLAIM to be convinced, if you're not convinced. It is important to be honest with yourself.

Thanks, Leonard. For once I think we're in agreement. I was trying to say that, if God exists, but I don't think this is so, I'm not going to "convert" just to cover my bases, because that would cheapen both parties. If and when I convert, it will be wholehearted. I won't convert out of fear of my own mistakes, Cellshade, but because I come to believe entirely that it is true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

secondave,

I can tell by the way you write that you are not a person of hate. I think your actually closer than some people who would rather turn their bibles on burstfire and preach intolerance. I believe that you wouldn't have come to a christian message board unless you were actually looking for something. I'm not saying your looking for God.......but something. I apologize if my assumptions are incorrect but you have been striking my curiousity so I guess I'm just being human in trying to label you as something. sry :emot-hug: