• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Everybody,

I ran across these scriptures and I wanted to share them with you to see what your thoughts were towards them. The scripture is found in

Isaiah 14:9-17

"Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

All they shall speak and say unto thee,Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Thy pomp is brought down to the grave and the noise of thy viols the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart I will ascend into heaven I will exalt my throne above the stars of God I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north I will ascend above the heights of the clouds I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell to the sides of the pit They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee and consider thee saying, "IS THIS THE MAN" that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms That made the world as a wilderness and destroyed the cities thereof that opened not the house of his prisoners?

It seems to me here that the pit of hell is moved to get ahold of ole Lucifer as it is anticipating his arrival. Then it seems as if there is a time in the future that ole Lucifer is going to become "weak" just like all the other kings of this earth. Ole Lucifer in his pride will be brought down and it seems he has his own personal worm he will lie down on in his grave and he to will be eaten by the worms (this speaking of lucifer in the form of the anti-christ who comes and sets himself up on this earth as a man)

But then in his arrogance he will be cut down by God himself and given to the pit that is eagarly awaiting his arrival. But then in verse #16 it says of ole lucifer who is in the form of the anti-christ a literally man on this earth. that people will see him and that they would look "narrowly" upon ole lucifer and consider him or ponder him in their thoughts even and when they do this then they will say "IS THIS THE MAN" that made the earth to tremble that did shake kingdoms.

This put Satan in a different light to me as I think about what is really being said by what Isaiah the prophet is prophesying that will happen in the end-time events. When the anti-christ will come and set up his kingdom but Christ will come and overthrow the devil and his plans as the devil will not succeed.

The word is plain in describing the devil to us in that it says that he is a deceiver and has been since the beginning and he is a liar, he is the prince of the power of the air, he is decietful, and uses whiles or tricks on us in order to decieve us, he transforms himself as angel of light and ministers of God, he comes as a roaring lion to us to scare us to death so we will get scared and cower away so he may devour us.

There are so many things the word tells us about our adversary the devil and the tactics in which he uses to decieve us. But it seems their is not any real weight behind ole lucifer he is a "FRAUD" who makes us think he is so big and powerful we can't rise up above him and defeat him. But as I read and ponder these verses in Isaiah I see that that is just not the case.

And I to right now today in my time and your time can "Look Narrowly" upon ole Satan as it say in vs #16 through the eyes of faith and see him as a defeated foe that he really is even right now as I speak through Christ Jesus Our Lord.

Come what may go through what may I have to say with the prophet Isaiah "IS THIS THE MAN" the defeated foe that we thought was so big and powerful within our minds that the nations feared and came under his dominion. I say no it is Christ that should be feared for His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom never to be torn down destroyed or conquered for He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. For He is my Helper and my guide.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/08/1957

Hi Everybody,

I ran across these scriptures and I wanted to share them with you to see what your thoughts were towards them. The scripture is found in

"Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

All they shall speak and say unto thee,Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Thy pomp is brought down to the grave and the noise of thy viols the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart I will ascend into heaven I will exalt my throne above the stars of God I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north I will ascend above the heights of the clouds I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell to the sides of the pit They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee and consider thee saying, "IS THIS THE MAN" that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms That made the world as a wilderness and destroyed the cities thereof that opened not the house of his prisoners?

It seems to me here that the pit of hell is moved to get ahold of ole Lucifer as it is anticipating his arrival. Then it seems as if there is a time in the future that ole Lucifer is going to become "weak" just like all the other kings of this earth. Ole Lucifer in his pride will be brought down and it seems he has his own personal worm he will lie down on in his grave and he to will be eaten by the worms (this speaking of lucifer in the form of the anti-christ who comes and sets himself up on this earth as a man)

But then in his arrogance he will be cut down by God himself and given to the pit that is eagarly awaiting his arrival. But then in verse #16 it says of ole lucifer who is in the form of the anti-christ a literally man on this earth. that people will see him and that they would look "narrowly" upon ole lucifer and consider him or ponder him in their thoughts even and when they do this then they will say "IS THIS THE MAN" that made the earth to tremble that did shake kingdoms.

This put Satan in a different light to me as I think about what is really being said by what Isaiah the prophet is prophesying that will happen in the end-time events. When the anti-christ will come and set up his kingdom but Christ will come and overthrow the devil and his plans as the devil will not succeed.

The word is plain in describing the devil to us in that it says that he is a deceiver and has been since the beginning and he is a liar, he is the prince of the power of the air, he is decietful, and uses whiles or tricks on us in order to decieve us, he transforms himself as angel of light and ministers of God, he comes as a roaring lion to us to scare us to death so we will get scared and cower away so he may devour us.

There are so many things the word tells us about our adversary the devil and the tactics in which he uses to decieve us. But it seems their is not any real weight behind ole lucifer he is a "FRAUD" who makes us think he is so big and powerful we can't rise up above him and defeat him. But as I read and ponder these verses in Isaiah I see that that is just not the case.

And I to right now today in my time and your time can "Look Narrowly" upon ole Satan as it say in vs #16 through the eyes of faith and see him as a defeated foe that he really is even right now as I speak through Christ Jesus Our Lord.

Come what may go through what may I have to say with the prophet Isaiah "IS THIS THE MAN" the defeated foe that we thought was so big and powerful within our minds that the nations feared and came under his dominion. I say no it is Christ that should be feared for His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom never to be torn down destroyed or conquered for He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. For He is my Helper and my guide.

You know, I have never noticed this passage calling him "A MAN" Awesome post, that seems to shoot down the theories that the antichrist is not a man. :thumbsup:

Candy

edited for spelling error

Edited by Lookfortruth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, Satan is a defeated foe!

Christ's power enables us to have victory over the flesh, the devil, and the world every day. But we can't underestimate the forces stacked against us. Satan is stronger than we are, and if we ever stop leaning fully on Christ, we are sure to fall.

I find it interesting that even Michael the archangel didn't dare bring a "railing accusation" against him, but rather commited him to the Lord to rebuke.

Isn't our God wonderful? He exercises the greatest power imaginable on the behalf of sinners for whose sake His Son died!

"What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him?" (Psalm 8:4)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

great post OC never looked at it like this before

swordfish

Guest jckduboise

Christ's power enables us to have victory over the flesh, the devil, and the world every day. But we can't underestimate the forces stacked against us. Satan is stronger than we are, and if we ever stop leaning fully on Christ, we are sure to fall.

I find it interesting that even Michael the archangel didn't dare bring a "railing accusation" against him, but rather commited him to the Lord to rebuke.

Isn't our God wonderful? He exercises the greatest power imaginable on the behalf of sinners for whose sake His Son died!

"What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him?" (Psalm 8:4)

Michael did not bring an accusation against Satan because he had not been given the authoority to do so. We have been given that authority and more. We have the authority of the name of Jesus and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Satan is no match for the the believer who will take his place of authority.

I think that Nero's Fiddle is making the point that outside of the authority we have through Jesus, we are no match for the devil. I could be wrong but that is how I took it.

You are correct with that statement Butero. If we take a look at how sin overtakes us when we are not under the protection of God, we can see that it is nearly impossible not to follow temptation and fall into the traps full of lies that satan sets for us. This is why Paul preached on spiritual warfare and dressing in the full Armour of God.

Yes it is through our Lord Jesus Christ we are victorious over our adversary the devil. I thank God "through" our Lord Jesus Christ for he has set us free from the curse of the law.

He has as jckduboise has said given us spiritual weapons that are mighty and not carnal and his name to go forward in with all the authority of heaven backing our every forward march and step heaven ward amen

Hi Everybody,

You know, I have never noticed this passage calling him "A MAN" Awesome post, that seems to shoot down the theories that the antichrist is not a man. :emot-hug:

Candy

edited for spelling error

Hello Candy,

I've heard a lot of teaching also that claim that the anti-christ will not be a literal man and it is simply not true for he will be flesh and bones and a ruler that will dominant this world and the nations in the end-time events yet to take place. But the anti-christ who is the devil himself incarnate will be forever destroyed through Jesus Christ our blessed Lord forever and ever glory to our blessed Lord

God bless

OC

He is a defeated foe, but he has not been completely stripped of his power. He still has power of death. We have authorithy over him, but we have to stand and enforce this authority. If we do not take our place of authoirty, Satan will run over us.

hello hrjr

1 corinthians 15:54-58 Praise God "Death is swallowed up in victory" I like that word "swallowed" as Satan's power was destroyed when Christ triumped over him on the third day,

Revelations 1:18--I am he that liveth and was dead and behold I am alive for evermore Amen and have the "keys" of hell and of death.

Oh I might have to die but old Satan no longer has the power of death over me for I hear some Keys rattling in my ear right now and I know who it is that is holding them and that is Jesus Christ the King of kings and Lord of lords. And it is Christ who has the authority over hell and "death" and not Satan that battle was lost at the cross of Calvary already. Amen

Openly Curious