• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

The only sin that is unpardonable is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit: Mark 3:9-30 will help you to understand it.

You are not guilty of this- the scripes in vs 22 are saying that the works that Jesus did were from the devil.

God does understand when you are upset about your situation. You just have to remember that it wasn't God who caused all that to happen. The devil truely comes to kill, steal and destroy; God's not the enemy and there is no darkness in him at all. Don't let the devil continue to steal from you-take a stand against him; why let him win???

The bible says: Submit yourself to God; resist the devil and he shall flee.

I realise that you are hurt and are still recovering from your heartache-that is normal-it takes time.

But you still have a responsiblity to maintain your relationship with God. Give Him a chance again-He is waiting for you. He loves you-do you feel him drawing you.

Life is way too short and eternity lasts longer than we can imagine-our choice.

The devil is a lier-you can be restored to God completely-but it is up to you.

blessings

candi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/08/1971

Jackie, I'm probably not the best one to answer this question for you, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I just posted a question about prayer very similar to what you said in this OP.

IMO, this is a common element in grief.

• 11 months later...

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Think we've done this one....

I'll see if I can find a link.

I thought there was another one, as well... ah, well.

Mark 3 is the text where you'll find this idea... if you take it in context, you see that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is attributing His works to Satan. This would be a part of it. I think, basically, that once you know God, and who He is, to deny Him or consider His deeds evil would be considered blasphemy.

Yeah, like I said, I thought there might be another one to give an overall view. Alas.

Anyway, that's why I posted my answer under the link post. :24:

That is a very good question. I hope it's not considered the unforgiveable sin of blasphemy against the Spirit -- it seems to me that this is the thing that most often occurs within the Church.

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

John 15:26

How do we blaspheme the Holy Ghost?
:thumbsup:

Pssss! Brothers, It's ALL About The Lord Jesus.

Abide Or Burn

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:6

The Spirit - Abide

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1 John 2:27

God's Gift

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:17

Believer - Unbeliever

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18

Lovers Of Darkness

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:19

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:25-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I learned the following teaching from a wonderful and gifted Bible teacher and it is the only teaching on this subject that I believe is consistent with God's character and His revealed Word.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and His work is to testify to Jesus.

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

John 15:26

Therefore blasphemy against the Holy Spirit who IS truth, is to deliberately choose to disbelieve His witness, i.e. that Jesus is of and from the Father and has come in the the flesh, died for the sins of the whole world and was resurrected and ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father. This blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin because if one doesn't believe in Jesus' atoning sacrifice for sin, then there is no further forgiveness of sins available. Logically, then, the sin of disbelieving that Jesus died to forgive all sin is the one and only sin that is unforgivable.

Over the years I have heard many people expound on what is this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that is unforgivable. This is the only understanding that makes sense and is consistent with God's character and His revealed Word. All others imply that God's plan of salvation is less than perfect. That somehow God didn't factor into His plan of salvation this sin or that sin and that He can be taken by surprise. I cannot ever hear God saying: "Oh dear, Ruth, I never thought that you'd do that sin, I really didn't plan for that. Sorry, Ruth, Jesus' sacrifice for sin really can't cover THAT one." Apart from all else such a view takes away from God's omniscience and omnipotence. I have met believers who live in fear of having knowingly or unknowingly committed the unforgivable sin. Such fear is contrary to God's Word: "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1.

In Jesus,

Ruth