• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

As Jesus was the firstfruits of those to be raised from the dead I have always wondered how He is talking with Moses and Elijah who appear in glory here in Luke ?

Luke 9:28-32

28 And it came to pass about eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elijah:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Blessings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ here

Christ's servant

-CC-

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

HI Crusader for Christ,

I have wondered about that also and do plan to do more study on this, too.

But, Jesus would be the first to go to heaven. But, the souls of the ancient departed faithful still existed, exactly where I am not sure though, before the Passion and Assumption.

All live to God. He is the God of the living!

Talk to ya soon.

God bless!

elkie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

As Jesus was the firstfruits of those to be raised from the dead I have always wondered how He is talking with Moses and Elijah who appear in glory here in Luke ?

Luke 9:28-32

28 And it came to pass about eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elijah:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Blessings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ here

Christ's servant

-CC-

Well I see it like this as Jesus had taken three of his disciples up to this mountain for to pray to God. But them disciples of his fell asleep in vs 32 but Jesus while he is still praying up on that mountain top see's in a vision Moses and Elijah which in my opinion considering the things Jesus was about to face of the cross that was before Him these two holy saints of God would be very uplifting to one's Spirit indeed.

Moses was a type of Christ he was a deliverer who lead God's chosen people out of the bondage of slavery. This would be help from the Heavenly Father to His only begotten Son as God has sent him into this world to be the sacrifice that brings deliverance to those who want to be free in Christ to whosoever will let Him come.

Elijah would encorage Jesus as the Spirit of power the comforter would come to this earth after Jesus work was completed and He conquered the cross, death, hell and the grave truimphing over it and ascending up into heaven and sprinkling His own blood on the mercy seat. When that was complete the the Holy Spirit was able to come lead guide and direct us. So these two figures in my opinion was a strenghtening Jesus in this time of prayer for to help him in the task that lie ahead of Him as He would have to go to Golgotha's hill for you and I.

Now when them disciples woke up they were eyewitnesses first hand to the transforming power that is indeed in prayer.

Prayer will transform us to be and do what we was a sent here to do and help us accomplish the purpose for which God created specifically for us to do. Anyways this is my thoughts on them

blessings

OC

Oopps

Please forgive me Crusader for Christ I overlooked your question within all of this and only responded to the scriptures.

Jesus was the firstfruits from the dead because He was the first person who ever was resurrected from the dead. The bible say that Moses was "buried" by God when he died and didn't get to go into the promised land cause he disobeyed God in the speaking to the rock and smiting the rock thing took place and God didn't allow him to go into the promised land.

So as far as scripture tells on Moses is that he died and God buried him or took care of that. How God did the burial is unknown he could have taken him on home like Elijah even though scripture says Moses did actually die but in the same way as God swoop down and took Elijah up to heaven God could have swoop down and took Moses body up to Him not allowing Satan to get it as God had a further purpose for these two men of God. The scripture do say they was a dispute over the body of Moses with Micheal the arch angel and Satan and he was rebuked by God so I tend to think God preserved Moses body for a future time and Satan was not allowed to take it as he had all the other saints bodies when they died and went into Abraham's bosom which is paradise where they were held captive at.

Jesus would still be firstfruits cause Moses nor Elijah arose from the dead for God took care of those two himself for His reasons alone. And as I already give my opinion of the scriptures that could be some of the reasons why God use these two figures to strenghten his Son Jesus to be able to go through his death on the cross to finish His work in the earth.

Sorry I miss your original question

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Yes, Moses was a spirit not raised physically yet and Elijah never died.

Mark

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

Please read and STUDY 1 Cor 15:15-34. This is critical in the understanding of the Luke passage. Elijah and Moses was SHOWN IN THEIR GLORY. So what can we make of that? The main thing is that God is OUTSIDE of Time, He is not confined by it. Some believe that even before Jesus was born, He appeared to some in the OT. How can that be? Because God sees the beginning from the end and not confined by any part of it. He can operate in the past OR the future. Time (our time) has been manipulated by God on at least two obvious occasions. Once during a battle and another as a sign as the sun moved backwards.

It is my personal opinion that when we die we step right into eternity and judgment, which by "our" time takes place at the "end of time", but in God's time, if you can call it that, everything is already a done deal.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Right on Dad Ernie Right on

:thumbsup:

OC

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Jesus created Moses and Elijha. He was present at the creation was part of the creation. It would be very possible for Him to be seen with them. He was also a man who was resurrected from the dead.

I agree with dad Ernie on the issue of time. Christ created our concept of time itself, He can be in the past present and future all at once as dad Ernie points out.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Mark

I'd like to add a question to this discussion. If it's not appropriate here, CC, let me know and I'll delete it.

It intrigues me that 1) Jesus acended bodily to heaven; 2) Elijah was taken bodily by the angels to God; and 3) Michael the Archangel disputed with Satan over the body of Moses.

This seems to indicate that "heaven" is not simply a spiritual realm, but a physical place.

It's a concept that I can't wrap my puny brain around.

Any thoughts, insights, Scriptural references, that might help.

Thanks,

Fiosh

Guest jckduboise

Mark

I'd like to add a question to this discussion. If it's not appropriate here, CC, let me know and I'll delete it.

It intrigues me that 1) Jesus acended bodily to heaven; 2) Elijah was taken bodily by the angels to God; and 3) Michael the Archangel disputed with Satan over the body of Moses.

This seems to indicate that "heaven" is not simply a spiritual realm, but a physical place.

It's a concept that I can't wrap my puny brain around.

Any thoughts, insights, Scriptural references, that might help.

Thanks,

Fiosh

Just to say right on Brother