IGNORED

Why do most people think Muslims have the same God as Christians?

disjockey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Bottom Line: Let's make this unambiguously clear - I fail to find 'allah," Muhammad, the "kaaba," any mention of a "qur'an, OR even a Roman Catholic church with its papacy ANYWHERE in Holy Writ! That surely takes care of a "mother" Teresa with her "many different roads to heaven" mythology. Why "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!" when the Bible is so clear-cut? Come "Search the Scriptures...."

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/03/1947

May I suggest that one reason people think Muslims have the same God as Christians lies at the feet of both the leadership and layity of the saved church. Those who know better and are in a position of influence refuse to speak out and declare the truth. Whether this is because of a fear of offending someone or the result of intimidation or an effortt to be polictically correct, I don't know.

tHANK FOR THAT REASON .

But wouldn't you think that is a shame to the gospel and to the church as such??

We are not to be ashamed of the gospel I thought? :)

Yes, I think that it is a shame to the gospel and to the church. It will also result in consequences at some point. What those concequences will be, I'm not sure.

May I suggest that one reason people think Muslims have the same God as Christians lies at the feet of both the leadership and layity of the saved church. Those who know better and are in a position of influence refuse to speak out and declare the truth. Whether this is because of a fear of offending someone or the result of intimidation or an effortt to be polictically correct, I don't know.

tHANK FOR THAT REASON .

But wouldn't you think that is a shame to the gospel and to the church as such??

We are not to be ashamed of the gospel I thought? :noidea:

Yes, I think that it is a shame to the gospel and to the church. It will also result in consequences at some point. What those concequences will be, I'm not sure.

The church should never be afraid to speak out for whatever reason. That fear will ultimately result in the destruction of that institution and many many souls.

Those are the consequences.

Guest shiloh357
Paul has no problems in accepting the Pagan worshipers of an unknown God worship the true God. Muslims overtly claim to worship the same God as Christians, Jews and Samaritans, however faulty their doctrines I see no reason to challenged the idea that they do!. Jesus had no problems mixing with theaforementioned Samaritans despite the caims from the religious hierachy that theirs was a false faith.

You are trying to compare disimilar things.

The problem with your comparison is that Paul was not validating their worship of the unknown god. He was not content to let them continue worshipping the unknown god. He did not preach tolerance or acceptance of the unknown god, but instead gave them the gospel of the ONLY true God, YHVH.

Secondly, the Samarians were not worshipping a different god. They were worshipping the true God at the time Jesus was speaking to this woman. The Samaritans receieved the books of Moses but had rejected the prophets; thus they had rejected all that the prophets said about the one true God. They worshipped what they did no know in the sense that they had no authority to build a temple to God on Gerizim and offer sacrifices there. They were not obeying the One True God and worshipping Him in the manner He had prescribed and deemed appropriate.

When Jesus confronted the Samaritan woman at the well, He did not validate the Samaritan worship practices but told her that her people worshipped what they do not know. They worshipped God, but did not know God. Jesus told her that HE had that water that would cause her to never thirst again. Jesus could see her heart, and spiritual thirst. Her Samaritan religion wasn't cutting it. Islam does not cut it, Buddhism does not cut it, Hinduism does not cut it. Jesus and Jesus alone is the solution to man's spiritual depravity. Islam is worthless and dead. Jesus supplies the Living Water, the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Paul did not accept their unknown god as a valid god, but rather used it to show them the true living Lord. Muslims may claim to worship the same god, but if you look at who their god is, he isnt our Lord. Islam leads to eternal death. It is a demonic religion.

For as I walked around looking carefully at your shrines, I even discovered an altar inscribed, 'To an Unknown God.' 7 What therefore you unknowingly worship, I proclaim to you.

Guest shiloh357

Paul did not accept their unknown god as a valid god, but rather used it to show them the true living Lord. Muslims may claim to worship the same god, but if you look at who their god is, he isnt our Lord. Islam leads to eternal death. It is a demonic religion.

For as I walked around looking carefully at your shrines, I even discovered an altar inscribed, 'To an Unknown God.' 7 What therefore you unknowingly worship, I proclaim to you.

Nice try, amor..

Paul was not saying "this unkown god is the true God." What Paul was doing was employing a very tactful approach to present the gospel. Paul simply siezed upon the opportunity this particular altar provided. There were in those days, in every culture more than one altar to "unknown gods." There were many "unknown gods" in Athens and not just one. Paul was not identifying God with the pagan altar, per se. He was simply using it as an allusion.

The reason they erected an altar to the "unknown god" was that when they took in the gods of other nations, there was a fear that they may miss one, and so altars were constantly erected to unknown gods to cover gods worshipped in other pantheistic nations that might have been overlooked.

Paul was in no way validating the altar to the unknown god; he was simply using it to make presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Paul was in no way validating the altar to the unknown god; he was simply using it to make presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  13

But of course in the end, there is only one God in three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Any God, which is not, described this way, is false and of course has nothing to do with Christianity or the actual God. Part of the problem and I think confusion is a result of the rejection of the Trinity by some claiming to be Christians. Muslims have an intrinsically different view of God, as do those who practice modern Judaism.

But remember Muslims accept that Christ ascended to God, they affirm that He was born of a virgin, they accept Him as being from God, but the key difference comes down to His divinity, that He is part of God, that Christ Himself forgives our sins, something ONLY a God can do. If you do not accept the Trinity, if you do not accept that Christ IS God and man in one, then you essentially have an Islamic view of God. Mormons and JW"s for example have an Islamic understanding of God and Christ, rejecting the Trinity.

THey have added the story of Mary , or a prophet Jesus just to try to win Jews and christians over to thier religion in Mecca, durin the trade time in Mecca.

They have stolen parts of other belief from traders as they come and trade , that is why they had so many gods in Mecca at that time.

The religion itself is a pagan originated, and it is a Idol religion with full of pagan traditions.

The anology is like we look at the same object , and the person standing there is a beatiful respected person who we all know is a human.

The Muslims say the person is a animal, and is in reality to them a pig, so the attributes they give is a pig.

DOn't you think the person htey see as an pig first of all would be more insulted?

Don't you see that we will be seeing them as being disrespectful?

Most of all you would not accept the person as a pig and treat them like one, as a muslim would do, would you?

This is the same priciple they do with our God.

The same insult to our God the Father is when they reject the Son of God is like calling Jesus a pig.

That is why God "said",who doesn't have the Son doesn't have the Father God.

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-polytheism-moon-worship.htm

http://www.bible.ca/islam/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The anology is like we look at the same object , and the person standing there is a beatiful respected person who we all know is a human.

The Muslims say the person is a animal, and is in reality to them a pig, so the attributes they give is a pig.

DOn't you think the person htey see as an pig first of all would be more insulted?

Most of all you would not accept the person as a pig and treat them like one, as a muslim would do, would you?

The same insult to our God the Father is when they reject the Son of God is like calling Jesus a pig.

I agree, and that reasoning would apply to all who reject the fact that Christ is God. That would fit many groups, such as the Church of Latter Day Saints, Judaism, and Islam to name only a few.

• Content Count:  13

I agree, and that reasoning would apply to all who reject the fact that Christ is God. That would fit many groups, such as the Church of Latter Day Saints, Judaism, and Islam to name only a few.

Thank you for also seeing my point , but I wish other Catholics na other christians as such would understand that Islam have another god which is realy satan. :emot-highfive: