Should I Go Alone or Wait?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:wub: My husband is a gifted teacher of the scriptures, but he does not seem to have the same passion for ministry that I do though it is clear he would like to have this passion. We were interested in starting a radio broadcast in our area, and he asked me to get the information together. I did and even got a tremendous rate for the broadcast, when I presented it to him. He tried to act excited, but he really was not. He kept putting off signing the deal until it became a non-issue. We wanted to start a home Bible Study and when we got people who would attend the study he found a way to back out. I wanted to go to seminary to study the Hebrew Roots of the Christian faith. He was upset and thought I could get the same teaching from Hebrew roots teaching tapes. He suggested that I go to Law school instead. He is a great husband and is an excellent Christian and has the highest integrity, but he seems to purposely steer me from my ministry. I am also a gifted Bible teacher. We recently visited a ministry, where the pastor made disparaging remarks about women and that he likes them to keep silent, not approach him, etc., etc. My husband knows that I am passionate about ministry, and I told him I was uncomfortable with this ministry as I felt I would not be allowed to go forward in ministry, but my husband just ignored the Pastor's remarks and said God had answered our prayers to find a church that teaches the truth. The Lord led me to Deutronomy 13 chapter.

Deuteronomy 13: 1

Edited by Yah'sGirl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Lord Father in Heaven, I pray for Yah'sGirl to hear the whispers of Your word, leading her into Your presence for the answers she seeks, Father I pray that sister may spill forth the abundance of her blessing into the lives of others, as her heart desires to serve You. O Lord I pray Thy will be done in her life, Father I pray her husband be awakened to the the virtue of his wife and in partnership may they spread the Gospel of Christ to Your Glory forever and ever. Father I just give You Exalted praise for the heart of this saint molded by Your very hand. Lord may Your love and faithfulness bring understanding and refreshment in Christ Jesus I pray Amen

Thank you "peaceafire" for your heart felt prayer. May the Lord bless and defend you. May he cause his face to shine upon you and continually give you his peace. Thank you for caring enough.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Yah's Girl, I tried unsuccessfully to PM you, I think your box is full, will try again later. Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Of course you should wait! At least if you want to stay married....... Your choice is quite a simple one.

1). Honor your husband, as the Scripture commands, and pray to the Lord for your husband to hear correctly from the Lord, so the door will open for your Ministry, OR:

2). Go ahead in self-will, destroy your relationship with your husband (if not your marriage outright), and DO IT YOUR OWN WAY! You may even be very successful in the Ministry, but I wonder which choice the Lord would approve?

Hi Yahsway,

I want to hear your comments, but the PM feature does not seem to work for me either, and I do not have any PMs at all so it can not be full. It is giving me an error message. I perceive that you are Torah observant and from your posts quite learned in the word of Yah. I really desire your counsel.

Shalom,

Yah's Girl

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Oh my gosh, Leonard. You come right out with it, don't you, :emot-hug:

But, what if her husband is holding her back from what God is calling her to do?

What does she do then. I see where you are coming from, with waiting for her husband, but what if he never changes. Then someone who has obviously been gifted with the gift of ministry and a passion to reach the lost will never get a chance to do her part. What if God is calling her to do this? If anything, it will come to happen, I believe, with your husband coming to renewed strength and belief, if this is what God really wants for your life.

Praying my hardest, for this difficult situation...

Rachel72

Edited by Rachel72

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

Is it not a part of the marriage vows to honor and cherish a wife and to support her in all that she does? Talk to him honestly, and tell him that this is what you feel God calls you to do and ask him why he seems to be holding you back - there has to be a reason. If he truely loves you, and wants you to be happy, I can't see why he would want to keep you from doing what you do best! Just be honest and open with him, concealing problems and wondering about them never did any good. There is a miscommunication going on between the two of you, and to figure it out you have to talk about it. I will pray that God open's his heart to the truth, and that healing and understanding is brought to you guys.

praying :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

.... I am bewildered. I need your heartfelt prayers and godly wisdom in this matter. I have noone I can go to talk to about this matter and I feel trapped. I am starting not to trust my husband's spiritually as I am beginning to see him as my "silent" jailer to keep me from my ministry destiny. Perhaps I am being extreme, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

This seems to be as much an asking of advice as a prayer request, so I believe this forum is more appropriate.

IR :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Is it not a part of the marriage vows to honor and cherish a wife and to support her in all that she does? Talk to him honestly, and tell him that this is what you feel God calls you to do and ask him why he seems to be holding you back - there has to be a reason. If he truely loves you, and wants you to be happy, I can't see why he would want to keep you from doing what you do best! Just be honest and open with him, concealing problems and wondering about them never did any good. There is a miscommunication going on between the two of you, and to figure it out you have to talk about it. I will pray that God open's his heart to the truth, and that healing and understanding is brought to you guys.

praying :thumbsup:

"Is it not a part of the marriage vows to honor and cherish a wife and to support her in all that she does?"

Great Scott! Where did you ever get an idea like that? Of course NOT!

How could the Scriptures which say: "Wives, submit to your husbands, AS UNTO THE LORD" possibly be taken to mean "support her in all that she does"?