• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Walk in my world awhile.

:noidea: My family members are all unsaved. I attended public school, where almost everyone was unsaved, and the Christians I did happen upon were mostly very worldly or liberal.

However, I know that God's Word is as a sharp, two-edged sword, and that is what I used to demonstrate truths of Christianity. God's Word does not return to Him void. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

OC,

I appreciate your comments. God can speak to us in many ways, you know. The Bible talks about how he will speak through signs and wonders. I believe this was a sign from God. I don't believe that every tree that falls is a sign from God, but God spoke to me through this. Remember in the Bible he even spoke through a donkey.

yes CFS God can speak to us in many different ways but it will always be backed up in his word. The word speaks to us in how that he is not speaking to us in signs anymore in this way for the prophet Jonah was the last sign that was given. And you did not answer the question that I ask of you. Instead you took it out so I will ask you again in hopes you will answer for my own concerns.

The scriptures in Zechariah chapter 11 you used speaks of "TWO" trees that fell in pride. How do you rectify this with the "ONE" tree that you said was a sign? Referring back to post #10 they do not match and we have to judge prophesy with the word.

And I believe God can use anybody to speak if he can use a donkey surely he can use you and I..

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

:noidea: Sue, a serious comment and question. And to Butero as well. This board is read by people from all over the world, that's why my comment about visions about other countries; it was not meant to be as flipant as it came across. What about the G-dly men and women in the country? Are they to be judged as well? Or will they insulated against this judgment? I guess what I am getting at, is that there is no judgment indicated in the Scriptures for Christians. We have already be judged in Christ Jesus.

I appreciate your comments. God can speak to us in many ways, you know. The Bible talks about how he will speak through signs and wonders. I believe this was a sign from God. I don't believe that every tree that falls is a sign from God, but God spoke to me through this. Remember in the Bible he even spoke through a donkey.

What about this verse:

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.--Heb. 1:1, 2

I believe the Spirit of God speaks to us in as many ways as there are people.

If your spirit is alive to hearing from Him, just do what you hear Him saying and don't worry about whether anyone else understands or "agrees".

He wasn't necessarily speaking to them. How could they know either way?

That is a good question Marnie, but here is my opinion. There were always a hand full of God fearing people in Israel and Judah, yet they were not uneffected by the judgements that came. Jeremiah was a very righteous man, yet he was effected when God sent judgement on Judah, so my feeling is that good Christian people will be killed along with sinners. The difference is that Christians will go straight to heaven, and sinners to hell. I mean, when the twin towers were destroyed, I would imagine Christians died side by side with sinners. The same thing could be said about those who died in New Orleans.

You are not saying those were judgments from G-d I hope.

christ free servant,

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

:24: Sue, a serious comment and question. And to Butero as well. This board is read by people from all over the world, that's why my comment about visions about other countries; it was not meant to be as flipant as it came across. What about the G-dly men and women in the country? Are they to be judged as well? Or will they insulated against this judgment? I guess what I am getting at, is that there is no judgment indicated in the Scriptures for Christians. We have already be judged in Christ Jesus.

300%

:noidea:

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You are not saying those were judgments from G-d I hope.

Sorry :7: . Just realized you were talking about 9-11 and New Orleans. I thought you were saying that the Judah/Israel judgements were not of God! :24:

Original post:

(:noidea: To not say so would be semantics at best. The judgements on Judah and Israel were most certainly "from" God... He used pagan nations, true. But the Bible makes it clear that God allowed those things to come upon them, and for a specific reason to boot.

Unless you are seriously arguing that those judgements were not of God just because He did not directly hurl flaming hail upon them, I cannot see what you could possibly mean by this.)

What about this verse:

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.--Heb. 1:1, 2

And I will just add this in here which is the source of bible prophecy Revelation 1:1-3, 5-8 (hope you will go and read these verses) for all the things John the Revelator saw was Jesus Christ speaking to us in these last days in what shall befall in the end-time concerning Him and His kingdom and this is called the Revelation of Jesus Christ. And I stand for it for the word has been tried and tested many times and has stood the test of time and always will. The words of Jesus will never falter or fail but will come to pass. Better be careful who we listen to and who we follow. I am so glad my sins have been washed away and there nothing standing in between He and me the penalty for our sins has been paid if full for Jesus was the ransom price.

OC

That is a good question Marnie, but here is my opinion. There were always a hand full of God fearing people in Israel and Judah, yet they were not uneffected by the judgements that came. Jeremiah was a very righteous man, yet he was effected when God sent judgement on Judah, so my feeling is that good Christian people will be killed along with sinners. The difference is that Christians will go straight to heaven, and sinners to hell. I mean, when the twin towers were destroyed, I would imagine Christians died side by side with sinners. The same thing could be said about those who died in New Orleans.

The judgments have been set and have been sealed and they are found in the book of Revelation as a whole. For it is what is recorded in the book of Revelation that will befall on the whole world and in God's timing for they are sealed shutup until the time appointed.

I do not hold to the fact that the terrible tragedies that have happened in our country as well as other countries are the judgments of God. Tragedies and hardships most defiantly but I have them in my own life but don't perceive them as judgments but instead see them as trials and tribulations of life which is to try our faith to see what sort it is.

We all can be affected by natural disasters for none of us has a promise of tomorrow. But God always takes the righteous out before judgment for God will not destroy His own dear children within meteing out the wrath of the wicked. Now you think about that for a minute. And that is what you are advocating.

Their are just plain ole smucks in this world who are bent on doing evil no matter what and then to link that kind of evil to God is not good and it's sad. Scripture comes to mind that every good and perfect gift cometh down from the Father of lights for God is not tempted of evil. And in the book of Job Satan had power over the weather and brought destruction on what Job had. God gets blamed for so much when it's just plain old wickedness prevailing in the lives of individuals bent on doing evil. And satan wrecking havoc in the midst of our world in order to deceive those he can. blessings

OC