• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Yeah I know there names- schizophrenia, manic depression, psychosis, depression,

Psychiatrist- the modern exorcist.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

lol a pill cannot help you from demonic opression, Only the blood of Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

^ Heh, so true. I don't think I always have anything nice to say about psychiatrists anyway, so I'll just keep that quiet. Maybe at least it'd be better if they were Christians, then they'd be telling the patient something Biblical...

Thanks, Josh-13 for the verse and comments. That's pretty neat, how it must be new to me every time I hear it, if that's not the first time that I've read it, how fear leads to bondage. That's a really interesting way of understanding it. And so true, about how just being interested in and reading about them is so dangerous, heh, makes me wonder about the supposed demonologists that I hear about occasionally on tv. :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I've heard it said that psychiatrists are only useful for helping to rearrange the heavy rucksack of burdens on your back, so you can carry the same load with a little more comfort for a while until you realize it's just as heavy or even moreso than before. Secretly, I think they throw in another brick or two!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I think Christian psychiatrists/psychologists/counselors are good for some people who just have some big issues they can't seem to deal with.

Most secular ones are too indoctrinated with this humanistic malarky to be of any good use. :wub:

I think Christian psychiatrists/psychologists/counselors are good for some people who just have some big issues they can't seem to deal with.

Most secular ones are too indoctrinated with this humanistic malarky to be of any good use. :wub:

Heh, I really like the way both of you put it, especially the part about the humanistic view. That's pretty much what I was thinking of, for why I don't like the way they interpret things anyway, I think it's sickeningly too secular at times, for me at least but I agree, that the Christian ones should help for the big issues that just need more of an immediate load off but most of the time it doesn't seem like we can take comfort outside of Jesus, right? It's hard though for the big issues to wait, to be patient on God's timing (heh, even though He's well enough patient with us).

Hehe, yeah, Floatingaxe, I really do think that sums it up just about right, how they only rearrange one's burdens so that the load appears to be heavier, but how can they really make things better when ultimately all a human can ever offer another is the superficial comfort that one just has to move on past past tragedies? Kind can restore the soul, and so much more. Oh man, rambling again, sorries. :wub:

^ Heh, so true. I don't think I always have anything nice to say about psychiatrists anyway, so I'll just keep that quiet. Maybe at least it'd be better if they were Christians, then they'd be telling the patient something Biblical...

Thanks, Josh-13 for the verse and comments. That's pretty neat, how it must be new to me every time I hear it, if that's not the first time that I've read it, how fear leads to bondage. That's a really interesting way of understanding it. And so true, about how just being interested in and reading about them is so dangerous, heh, makes me wonder about the supposed demonologists that I hear about occasionally on tv. :wub:

Ya, the occult draws many people in, that darkness, whats sad though is that it's in the dark for a reason, us as christians know that reason. Why should we dwell in it? we know it's all satan, all demonic, don't play with that, pray against it. :wub: lol and psychiatrists don't really help a thing, they actualy base it on what they know, if they don't believe in a spirit, how can they treat spiritual bondage? It's funny cause there is so many flaws in psycholigy, if they would just understand the truth in Jesus, than the flaws would be relieved. :wub:

Thanks, Josh-13 for the verse and comments. That's pretty neat, how it must be new to me every time I hear it, if that's not the first time that I've read it, how fear leads to bondage. That's a really interesting way of understanding it. And so true, about how just being interested in and reading about them is so dangerous, heh, makes me wonder about the supposed demonologists that I hear about occasionally on tv. :24:

Ya, the occult draws many people in, that darkness, whats sad though is that it's in the dark for a reason, us as christians know that reason. Why should we dwell in it? we know it's all satan, all demonic, don't play with that, pray against it. :24: lol and psychiatrists don't really help a thing, they actualy base it on what they know, if they don't believe in a spirit, how can they treat spiritual bondage? It's funny cause there is so many flaws in psycholigy, if they would just understand the truth in Jesus, than the flaws would be relieved. :24:

Yeah, it's really sad, and scary to a sort (because of the power that some occult stuff promises vengeful and weak-minded--of the flesh and no offense but what better way to describe we humans?), that some are easily drawn into it, and the way some of it tries to hide behind something seemingly harmless or good. Yeah, sometimes I like to think of sessions with pyschiatrists as the kind of deal where some people (and I can say this from experience lol) will keep on talking about their viewpoint/what they did/what they intended, etc, after an argument or serious fight, or something like that, but they either just drag the situation out after it's long since expired or kind of only make the situation worse, but in no way to they achieve anything by continuing to explain themselves in that way, know what I mean? kind of with those sessions, like you said, most only rely on what they know and that's still kind of limited, right? so what is really achieved? and it stinks if they don't believe in spirits 'cause then anything that could be attributed to a spirit is just craziness to them and reason for popping more pills. It's a shame for us how satan's managed to hide himself from the world, then he gets away with so much, heh, sounding silly. :24:

Thanks, Josh-13 for the verse and comments. That's pretty neat, how it must be new to me every time I hear it, if that's not the first time that I've read it, how fear leads to bondage. That's a really interesting way of understanding it. And so true, about how just being interested in and reading about them is so dangerous, heh, makes me wonder about the supposed demonologists that I hear about occasionally on tv. :taped:

Ya, the occult draws many people in, that darkness, whats sad though is that it's in the dark for a reason, us as christians know that reason. Why should we dwell in it? we know it's all satan, all demonic, don't play with that, pray against it. :36: lol and psychiatrists don't really help a thing, they actualy base it on what they know, if they don't believe in a spirit, how can they treat spiritual bondage? It's funny cause there is so many flaws in psycholigy, if they would just understand the truth in Jesus, than the flaws would be relieved. :emot-crying:

Yeah, it's really sad, and scary to a sort (because of the power that some occult stuff promises vengeful and weak-minded--of the flesh and no offense but what better way to describe we humans?), that some are easily drawn into it, and the way some of it tries to hide behind something seemingly harmless or good. Yeah, sometimes I like to think of sessions with pyschiatrists as the kind of deal where some people (and I can say this from experience lol) will keep on talking about their viewpoint/what they did/what they intended, etc, after an argument or serious fight, or something like that, but they either just drag the situation out after it's long since expired or kind of only make the situation worse, but in no way to they achieve anything by continuing to explain themselves in that way, know what I mean? kind of with those sessions, like you said, most only rely on what they know and that's still kind of limited, right? so what is really achieved? and it stinks if they don't believe in spirits 'cause then anything that could be attributed to a spirit is just craziness to them and reason for popping more pills. It's a shame for us how satan's managed to hide himself from the world, then he gets away with so much, heh, sounding silly. :o

Ya know what, read psalms 37, :rolleyes::emot-highfive:

Thanks for that, josh, and I will! :noidea: