• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

hi Vickilynn

no scripture you quoted says that a demon cannot abide in a christian. you can take a scripture and conclude from it that demonisation is not possible with a christian, but in the end, it's simply an interpretation of a scripture. the Holy Spirit is in me, no doubt that. and i could go thru all the scriptures you mentioned to refute them, but it's still an interpretation--on both parts.

again, scripture can say anything you want it to. God is God and He will not be put into a box and do what people proclaim him to be able and not be able to do. you're not bigger than God; you're not bigger than satan. i don't trust in man's interpretation of what God is saying. you shouldn't either. the fact of the matter is that there is NO SCRIPTURE that says satan cannot abide in a christian.

Shalom Manic,

As I said before we ALL interpret Scripture.

I believe the Scriptures are plain and clear that G-d is bigger than satan and no demon can indwell a Christian. I believe these Scriptures and what they say, but you can believe what you want. It's up to you. I can simply post the truth, you can believe it or not. To me, the Scriptures prove that no demon can ever indwell a true Christian and that gives me great peace. If you don't believe those Scriptures, then you'll have to find what you believe.

No, you cannot refute those Scriptures, because they are truth. No demon can dwell where the Holy Spirit resides. It is impossible.

Again, you are making this personal and it's not. We're talking Scripture. We each need to decide where we stand. I stand on the truth from the Scriptures as I understand them.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

hi Vickilynn

no scripture you quoted says that a demon cannot abide in a christian. you can take a scripture and conclude from it that demonisation is not possible with a christian, but in the end, it's simply an interpretation of a scripture. the Holy Spirit is in me, no doubt that. and i could go thru all the scriptures you mentioned to refute them, but it's still an interpretation--on both parts.

again, scripture can say anything you want it to. God is God and He will not be put into a box and do what people proclaim him to be able and not be able to do. you're not bigger than God; you're not bigger than satan. i don't trust in man's interpretation of what God is saying. you shouldn't either. the fact of the matter is that there is NO SCRIPTURE that says satan cannot abide in a christian.

Shalom Manic,

The Scriptures are plain and clear that G-d is bigger than satan and no demon can indwell a Christian. I believe these Scriptures, but you can believe what you want. It's up to you. I can simply post the truth, you can believe it or not. To me, the Scriptures prove that no demon can ever indwell a true Christian. No, you cannot refute those Scriptures, because they are truth. No demon can dwell where the Holy Spirit resides. It is impossible.

Again, you are making this personal and it's not. We're talking Scripture. We each need to decide where we stand. I stand on the truth from the Scriptures.

God is bigger than satan but many people coming to the lord today do not get cleaned out of every demon and need assis. They get saved, the soul is constantly being regenerated it is the soul the demon can reside in ,not the heart,...where does the flesh live? in the mind, in the soul?. Why do some hearts need to be circumcised? Wathman nee I like to read when he teaches the realms between mind, soul spirit, flesh,body. Its a rough run. Satan is god of this world, the earth and the air but not of us....

hi Vickilynn

Shalom Manic,

The Scriptures are plain and clear that G-d is bigger than satan and no demon can indwell a Christian. I believe these Scriptures, but you can believe what you want. It's up to you. I can simply post the truth, you can believe it or not. To me, the Scriptures prove that no demon can ever indwell a true Christian. No, you cannot refute those Scriptures, because they are truth. No demon can dwell where the Holy Spirit resides. It is impossible.

Again, you are making this personal and it's not. We're talking Scripture. We each need to decide where we stand. I stand on the truth from the Scriptures.

God is bigger than satan but many people coming to the lord today do not get cleaned out of every demon and need assis. They get saved, the soul is constantly being regenerated it is the soul the demon can reside in ,not the heart,...where does the flesh live? in the mind, in the soul?. Why do some hearts need to be circumcised? Wathman nee I like to read when he teaches the realms between mind, soul spirit, flesh,body. Its a rough run. Satan is god of this world, the earth and the air but not of us....

is Don stewart nondenominational.? why does his name sound familiar to me-... oh i am sorry :rolleyes: I am thinking of Jon stewart boy i am tired but His the bible school nondenominational? thanks

hi Vickilynn

Shalom Manic,

As I said before we ALL interpret Scripture.

I believe the Scriptures are plain and clear that G-d is bigger than satan and no demon can indwell a Christian. I believe these Scriptures and what they say, but you can believe what you want. It's up to you. I can simply post the truth, you can believe it or not. To me, the Scriptures prove that no demon can ever indwell a true Christian and that gives me great peace. If you don't believe those Scriptures, then you'll have to find what you believe.

No, you cannot refute those Scriptures, because they are truth. No demon can dwell where the Holy Spirit resides. It is impossible.

Again, you are making this personal and it's not. We're talking Scripture. We each need to decide where we stand. I stand on the truth from the Scriptures as I understand them.

That I believe is the question here. I do not think they live together I think they live in seperate areas within. I mean The Precious Holy Spirit resides in us...Our flesh is still there? we certainly are not perfect yet he remains. ...love you :rolleyes:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

You stick to your guns Vickilynn, There is no way that God would share His temple (a christian's body) with satan or demons. You have provided enough scripture to prove the point, but there's always some will argue. If the Lord set you free, you are free indeed, free from the power of the enemy and over sin and death.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

The Holy Spirit will NOT share His temple with anyone, it's ridiculous to think He would. I believe if you "vex" the Holy Spirit He will not stay there, dwelling inside of you, He'll leave. If you willfully sin on a daily basis, knowing what you're doing is disgusting wickedness, do you think the Holy Spirit will enjoy the sin with you? No. He will leave. If He leaves, don't you think the one who seduced you into the sin will gladly take His place? This runs into the topic of "losing" your salvation. God's hand is always extended for us to repent and recover from sin, I believe this wholeheartedly, but how much more quickly will we be plunged towards Hell if we have a hitchhiker, pulling us with every bit of strength he can muster. Not something to be taken lightly.

You stick to your guns Vickilynn, There is no way that God would share His temple (a christian's body) with satan or demons. You have provided enough scripture to prove the point, but there's always some will argue. If the Lord set you free, you are free indeed, free from the power of the enemy and over sin and death.

Eric, Jesus is not talking in reference to demons, He is talking in the treasury as he would be teaching in the temple to the jews. But also John starts off with the the scribes and the pharisees bringing in the adulterous woman. Jesus describes being freed from the law. They still did not understand because he was trying to describe to them the bondage they were in. nonbelievers.. He is saying as The Truth breaks those bonds, they will be set free their lies. patricia :24:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Patricia1,

The passage I quoted is from JN.8: 31-36. and it says Jesus was talking to those jews who believe in Him. He was talking about freedom from bondage. If you are in bondage to satan or demons, how can you be free? There is a big difference between being under attack from the enemy and being possessed by him. When you are in Christ, demons are like a wasp with no sting. All they can do is buzz and not bite.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:huh: amen eric, go Vickilynn! :24:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

The Holy Spirit lives in our spirit.. TEMPLE of the Holy Spirit

WE ARE A THREE PART BEING..... SPIRIT, SOULISH (MIND WILL EMOTIONS) PHYSICAL BODY

Our mind will and emotions and physical body ARE the enemies target.

They (demons) can't DWELL in our spirit man WHERE the Holy Spirit resides.. (unless we turn away and qiut being led of the Holy Spirit, then He will depart) CHOICE

:emot-highfive: