• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I'd like to know that, too. It's something I was always taught, that you're supposed to ask them their names before you can cast them out completely.(reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin) I've always wondered if there was a reason for this and if it actually mattered.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I'd like to know that, too. It's something I was always taught, that you're supposed to ask them their names before you can cast them out completely.(reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin) I've always wondered if there was a reason for this and if it actually mattered.

Honestly, the only name you need to know is JESUS'! Only once did He inquire of a name of the demons, but then you culd argue that "legion" wasn't really their name per se, but rather just a way of describing themselves as being one of many! All the other times Jesus never asked names, the apostles never asked names, no where else in Scripture is it said to ask names. Jesus didn't even tell us that we need to ask names, He just happened to do it one time for who knows what reason!

But having said that.. I'm still curious as to what the book says on the subject!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

That's what I've always figured, because there wasn't scriptural proof to back the claim. I'm glad to see I wasn't "missing something". I doubt that book has anything more than opinion but that's just a guess. I'd never discredit someone's personal experience, though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

If you really think about it when dealing in the realm of the demonic most people speak either from experience or speculation. Thankfully no one here is outright denying the existance of demons.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

When I am taking a person through deliverance you make sure you close all the entry points first. That makes them (demons) come out easier. I call them out by name, whatever they seem to be in bondage to. Always address the big ones... FEAR, Deception, control (Jezabel), pride of life (7 deadly sins)

If you happen to have someone who manifests (hits the floor or starts contorting) you can ask what its legal rights are. Most of the time it works. :mgfrog:

There is truly a need for this ministry. I don't remember Jesus ever saying that it was gonna stop when He left.

If you don't address the issues and emotional wounds that give the demonic access you will not be doing them any good..

Basic equation

EMOTIONAL DARKNESS+DEMONIC ACTIVITY=SINFUL BEHAVIOR.

We always try to get people to QUIT their behavior with out addressing the roots..

Blessings, karen :o

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Basic equation

We always try to get people to QUIT their behavior with out addressing the roots..

Too true. Just like weeds in the garden, gotta dig out the roots if you don't want them to grow back!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Basic equation

Too true. Just like weeds in the garden, gotta dig out the roots if you don't want them to grow back!

Just as we know the names of Jesus Christ Our Father in Heaven. There are many names in the dark realm of demons.

Very rarely does a person ever find 'one ruling demon or prince there' Most come with their servant demons to the one principality. There is molech who kills babies. Ther are jezebel as well as ahabs. There are many divination spirits as well. There is levithan, and there are sexual demons as well each has a name and controls in different ways. I have found that thry also differ between men and woman. There are murdering spirits like molech i mentioned, death spirits. If Jeus says there are many rulers and principalities Than I belive so. There are lying spirits, deaf and dumb spirits and blinding spirits. spirits of infirmity. Then there are personality spirits . If you really looked up evry name you would be suprised. Some really do not have a name but they give themselves one.

Yes the most impotant name is Jesus! It does not matter if you are educated in these names but it is extremely helpful and deliverance does move faster.

There are egyptian gods, Greek gods, indian gods and so forth> Countries have different idols and gods as well. My pastor who traveled the world for 60 years had always said "the oppressions change not only country to country but also town to town...nation to nation" She learned the hard way for it was not a known ministry and was frowned upon then. There were no books. Total reliance on Jesus and the knowledge of the Holy Spirit and the word of God. Her husband the same.

After a while you recognize them easily and the anointing becomes stonger , it has too, You become so humbled...knowing no man can do what God has called you to and you really have to decrease so He can increase otherwise one can do more harm than good..which I have seen also.

First bind the strongman. Loosing and binding so that others can walk in freedom.

I find that each calling Whether it be a pastor, evangelism, helps, hospitality if you do not work in that call it is hard to understand. I do not have a pastors heart...I knew that from day one of my Salvation and oftrn wonder why they put up with so much...but it is a pastors heart.... A man with the gift of faith may sound foolish to another..it does not mean they are wrong. love to all and God bless you with all that is needed for your lives and the few desires as well Patricia1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Just as we know the names of Jesus Christ Our Father in Heaven. There are many names in the dark realm of demons.

Very rarely does a person ever find 'one ruling demon or prince there' Most come with their servant demons to the one principality. There is molech who kills babies. Ther are jezebel as well as ahabs. There are many divination spirits as well. There is levithan, and there are sexual demons as well each has a name and controls in different ways. I have found that thry also differ between men and woman. There are murdering spirits like molech i mentioned, death spirits. If Jeus says there are many rulers and principalities Than I belive so. There are lying spirits, deaf and dumb spirits and blinding spirits. spirits of infirmity. Then there are personality spirits . If you really looked up evry name you would be suprised. Some really do not have a name but they give themselves one.

Yes the most impotant name is Jesus! It does not matter if you are educated in these names but it is extremely helpful and deliverance does move faster.

There are egyptian gods, Greek gods, indian gods and so forth> Countries have different idols and gods as well. My pastor who traveled the world for 60 years had always said "the oppressions change not only country to country but also town to town...nation to nation" She learned the hard way for it was not a known ministry and was frowned upon then. There were no books. Total reliance on Jesus and the knowledge of the Holy Spirit and the word of God. Her husband the same.

After a while you recognize them easily and the anointing becomes stonger , it has too, You become so humbled...knowing no man can do what God has called you to and you really have to decrease so He can increase otherwise one can do more harm than good..which I have seen also.

First bind the strongman. Loosing and binding so that others can walk in freedom.

I find that each calling Whether it be a pastor, evangelism, helps, hospitality if you do not work in that call it is hard to understand. I do not have a pastors heart...I knew that from day one of my Salvation and oftrn wonder why they put up with so much...but it is a pastors heart.... A man with the gift of faith may sound foolish to another..it does not mean they are wrong. love to all and God bless you with all that is needed for your lives and the few desires as well Patricia1

Good word!

Bless you sister..

:blink:

Guest Chris777

I've seen people be possessed and threaten to cut off my arms and legs/torture me/shoot me/stab me/beat me etc.. who cares what there names are ive heard them talk and all they do is lie lie lie lie lie you cant trust one in the first place even when they tell the truth its to lie so trust them on their name? LOL!My trust is in the LORD.I had to post on like page 8 of reading this cuz im gettin sick of hearing the word demon. The fact is you cant trust one so who cares what they say the only thing you can trust is the Word.

there is a name the Bible says is above every name... JESUS :emot-hug:

i also read someones post on here about a demon still oppresses them by touching them sexually, ya dude demons are perverted sick and twisted. Most likely you dont believe their lies anymore so now theyre just resorting to harassing you. And btw a true believer can be "oppressed" by demonic forces cuz they attack me all the time. They make me feel like im gonna pass out when i read my Bible all of the sudden i cant keep my eyes open and want to go to sleep but then every time i start to fall asleep i wake back up with a jolt and/or have thoughts that completely make no sense to me and are scary. etc.... btw these things happen less the more i trust God although they do keep attacking me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've seen people be possessed and threaten to cut off my arms and legs/torture me/shoot me/stab me/beat me etc.. who cares what there names are ive heard them talk and all they do is lie lie lie lie lie you cant trust one in the first place even when they tell the truth its to lie so trust them on their name? LOL!My trust is in the LORD.I had to post on like page 8 of reading this cuz im gettin sick of hearing the word demon. The fact is you cant trust one so who cares what they say the only thing you can trust is the Word.

there is a name the Bible says is above every name... JESUS :emot-hug:

i also read someones post on here about a demon still oppresses them by touching them sexually, ya dude demons are perverted sick and twisted. Most likely you dont believe their lies anymore so now theyre just resorting to harassing you. And btw a true believer can be "oppressed" by demonic forces cuz they attack me all the time. They make me feel like im gonna pass out when i read my Bible all of the sudden i cant keep my eyes open and want to go to sleep but then every time i start to fall asleep i wake back up with a jolt and/or have thoughts that completely make no sense to me and are scary. etc.... btw these things happen less the more i trust God although they do keep attacking me.

Well hey, if ya can't trust Satan, who can ya trust? :thumbsup:

As far as demons oppressing believers sexually, that is something I suffered with, I believe a believer can be oppressed by a demonic force, But I believe God's grace is sufficient for us,

Remember, Satan attacks where God is moving the most!