• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1989

i dont think they would be like zombies...maybe a huge over population for 40 days!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

RND, what are you saying? That people don't have a soul? That there's no afterlife, at least until Jesus comes back? :thumbsup:

I still think this scripture is strange, it sounds like they thought Jesus was setting up his kingdom right then.

People don't have souls, that is correct.

People are souls! Living souls!

Genesis 2:7

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That there's no afterlife, at least until Jesus comes back?

That is 100% correct! There is no eternal life until Jesus Christ returns and resureects the dead! To beleive otherwise is demonstration that you believe in a false pagan doctrine and teaching.

Ezekiel 18:4

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

There is web site called www.truthaboutdeath.com and it can help you better understand this vitally important subject. God Bless!

I just wanted to point out the fact that yes, in the Bible there is a lot of reference to people not going to Heaven until after the ressurection...but people, if we are "unconcious or asleep" until then it won't matter....because time doesn't exist when you're asleep! We don't need to worry, because God knows what he's doing...and he will look after us, and it will be amazing. Better than anything we've ever experienced here on earth.

Also, I read this same verse in mathew not too long ago and it weirded me out too! Craziness when all the dead people are up and walking around! Can you imagine how insane that must have been???

1 Corinthians 15:16

For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1 Corinthians 15:20

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Ephesians 5:14

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

1 Thessalonians 4:16

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I believe in JESUS! Yes, I do believe that he died and rose again but I just found this scripture in Matthew, I think it's in Chapter 25 or 27 or something like that. It talks about saints rising from their graves and appearing to people in the holy city. What does this mean? It sounds like dead people are walking around is that what it means? If it means that then I'm really confused cuz this sounds weird. Thanks.

The resurrection power of Jesus was greatly manifested at that time. Some that were dead were resurrected to live again for awhile. Their very presence was testimony to the resurrection power of Our LORD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

RND, what are you saying? That people don't have a soul? That there's no afterlife, at least until Jesus comes back? :thumbsup:

I still think this scripture is strange, it sounds like they thought Jesus was setting up his kingdom right then.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That is 100% correct! There is no eternal life until Jesus Christ returns and resureects the dead! To beleive otherwise is demonstration that you believe in a false pagan doctrine and teaching.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

There is web site called www.truthaboutdeath.com and it can help you better understand this vitally important subject. God Bless!

What are you talking about? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord--eternally alive! I think you must be referring to a physical body, which we receive at the resurrection of the saints. Before that, however, when we die, our spirits go to be with the Lord!

Hallelujah! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Absolutely! When we die we go to be with the Lord!

Our Heavenly Dwelling

1Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7We live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

This scripture in II Corinthians 5 tells us plainly that the Spirit himself is a guarantee of what is to come. And the HOly Spirit does not witness to a hole in the ground! When we are away from this body, through death, then we will be at home with the LORD.

We have far more to look forward to than a burial plot.

RND, what are you saying? That people don't have a soul? That there's no afterlife, at least until Jesus comes back? :th_wave:

What are you talking about? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord--eternally alive! I think you must be referring to a physical body, which we receive at the resurrection of the saints. Before that, however, when we die, our spirits go to be with the Lord!

Hallelujah! :20:

I'm sorry, but what you've just discribed in a pagan belief and teaching. Why not check out

www.truthaboutdeath.com before spreading false doctrine.

Are you saying that the soul is immortal? Scripture only speaks of Jesus being immortal. No one or anything else.

1 Timothy 6:15-16

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Is the soul eternal? Only for those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will see eternity. Other's will be destroyed.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 2:34

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Psalm 37:20

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Proverbs 11:7

When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.

And lastly, two things must be combined to make a soul: body and breath. When the breath departs, the soul ceases to exist because it is a combination of two things. When you turn off a light, where does the light go? It doesn't go anywhere. It just ceases to exist. Two things must combine to make a light: a bulb and electricity. Without the combination, a light is impossible. So with the soul; unless body and breath are combined, there can be no soul. There is no such thing as a disembodied soul.

2 Corinthians 5:6

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Me too Brother Paul! Me too! I would much rather be out of this body awaiting a new one.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord

It's "and to be present", not is. Careful what you hear and what your Pastor teaches.

This scripture in II Corinthians 5 tells us plainly that the Spirit himself is a guarantee of what is to come. And the HOly Spirit does not witness to a hole in the ground! When we are away from this body, through death, then we will be at home with the LORD.

Does Paul in II Corinthians 5 say when this happens?

I respectfully submit he does not. I'm gonna take a stab at it and say the Resurrection is the last day!

John 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Question: If the soul is immortal or eternal without Jesus then what is the purpose or need for Jesus? If we all go to be with the Lord, why did Jesus come?

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

John 14:3

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The resurrection power of Jesus was greatly manifested at that time. Some that were dead were resurrected to live again for awhile. Their very presence was testimony to the resurrection power of Our LORD.

Yet they were resurrected from.....the....grave! While they were sleeping. Is there anything in Scripture that says things are different?

No. There is nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

If the dead know not anything then it is incorrect to suggest Uncle Harry is looking down on Aunt Martha.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

RND...

I believe you are greatly deluded and for you to recommend us to read a website is preposterous! I get my teachings from the Word of God and fine Pastors...where do you get yours?

Perhaps you err because you misunderstand the definition of "soul". It is the seat of the mind, the will and the emotions. Of course that ceases at death, but the spirit goes to be with the Lord.

There is no other teaching in scripture about that!