• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

QUOTE(eric @ Jul 19 2006, 04:05 AM)

This thread gets whackier the more it progresses.

You got that right!

Oh, and you two have a better version of the 10 virgins, something obvious like 5 were ready and 5 werent I s'pose.

The story is much too detailed for that.

For those that are actually interested in the question originally asked.............

What about the wicks being trimmed on the wise 5?

Still thinking all 10 were going?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This thread gets whackier the more it progresses. :thumbsup:

You got that right! :thumbsup:

The title of this thread is

Rapture, Is it for all believers or not?
Then asks
If you don't believe in any sort of rapture just don't respond, cuz I don't want to debate the rapture, I believe in it and I'm not changing my mind about it.
I haven't seen any posts that dispute the rapture. The disagreement is over just when it happens. I believe in the rapture but I don't believe it happens at the beginning of the Trib. After all Paul distinctly tells us that in the twinkling of the eye we will be changed, the dead in Christ will be raised and we which are alive shall be caught up with them. No dispute here. Paul also says when this will happen.
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
It is at the last trumpet.

To say that some believers will be taken and others left is nowhere to be found in scripture. The parable of the 10 virgins has nothing to do with the rapture but everything to do with salvation/admittance to the kingdom.

LT

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

To say that some believers will be taken and others left is nowhere to be found in scripture.

Then this one might surprise you:

Luke 12:35-46

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;

(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

(39) And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

(40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

(41) Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

(42) And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

(43) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

(44) Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

(45) But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

(46) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Won't that be the Lord's supper to remember? Not only will the world be in shock when this event takes place, but so too, will a multitude of believers, namely the lukewarm pew sitters who are hearers but not doers.

Notice very carefully, verse 46. To cut in sunder means to cut in pieces, or in two. The "him" is referring to the body of Christ. Then notice what happens to those who are not ready. These believers will stay with the unbelievers, to face the time of testing that will come upon the entire world, to try them that dwell on the earth (Rev. 3:10-11), while Christ is breaking bread in heaven with His disciples.

To be sure, Christ never promised that he was coming back for believers, nor for the church, but only for those who were found ready. This promise was made to His disciples exclusively, as they, in turn, were also commanded to go into all nations making more disciples for their Lord. Only those who have been discplined in the faith will be making this trip (Luke 21:34-36).

Still, this is not the entire church as many mistakenly believe, for we see in Rev. 20:4 that another multitude will be beheaded, who will also reign with Christ 1000 years. So salvation is no guarantee for the rapture as most believe. These are two seperate things.

Also, see how the angel tells John the two different ways that believers will get to heaven.

Rev. 14:13

Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."

Then he reminded John:

Rev. 19:9

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."

The parable of the 10 virgins has nothing to do with the rapture but everything to do with salvation/admittance to the kingdom.

LT

What scriptures do you base this belief on?

Thanks for that rollingTHUNDER :wub:

Thanks for that rollingTHUNDER :wub:

Anything for you sis! :wub:

This will remain a profound mystery, no doubt, until it finally happens.

Hey Thunder,

Did you realize you are 348 and I'm 358 (member #) on the board.

Wow, we have been on here forever! :emot-pray:

Hey Thunder,

Did you realize you are 348 and I'm 358 (member #) on the board.

Wow, we have been on here forever! :24:

Yeah but, even though you've been gone for quite a while, and more than once, I still haven't caught up to you in # of posts. I guess the turtle never does catch up to that rabbit, not even after three head starts. :24:

But just remember sis, my aim is not quantity, but quality. :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

To say that some believers will be taken and others left is nowhere to be found in scripture.

Then this one might surprise you:

(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

(39) And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

(40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

(41) Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

(42) And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

(43) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

(44) Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

(45) But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

(46) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Won't that be the Lord's supper to remember? Not only will the world be in shock when this event takes place, but so too, will a multitude of believers, namely the lukewarm pew sitters who are hearers but not doers.

Notice very carefully, verse 46. To cut in sunder means to cut in pieces, or in two. The "him" is referring to the body of Christ. Then notice what happens to those who are not ready. These believers will stay with the unbelievers, to face the time of testing that will come upon the entire world, to try them that dwell on the earth (Rev. 3:10-11), while Christ is breaking bread in heaven with His disciples.

To be sure, Christ never promised that he was coming back for believers, nor for the church, but only for those who were found ready. This promise was made to His disciples exclusively, as they, in turn, were also commanded to go into all nations making more disciples for their Lord. Only those who have been discplined in the faith will be making this trip (Luke 21:34-36).

Still, this is not the entire church as many mistakenly believe, for we see in Rev. 20:4 that another multitude will be beheaded, who will also reign with Christ 1000 years. So salvation is no guarantee for the rapture as most believe. These are two seperate things.

Also, see how the angel tells John the two different ways that believers will get to heaven.

Rev. 14:13

Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."

Then he reminded John:

Rev. 19:9

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."

The parable of the 10 virgins has nothing to do with the rapture but everything to do with salvation/admittance to the kingdom.

LT

What scriptures do you base this belief on?

Mt 25:1

But just remember sis, my aim is not quantity, but quality.

and you are doing great with that aim! :)

LT--you totally lost me, what is it you are trying to say?

I think it is important to notice that only Enoch and Elijah were ever taken up into heaven. That shows me that it's not for everyone. Noah was obviously following God but he didn't get taken....Abraham?