ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

When GW said that we all worship the same God All religions & faith the information was received from his spiritual advisor. BG

Islam , Buddhist ,Christianity etc...

Who is GW? and I don't kow if I understand what you are trying to say here?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Billy Grahm is a very good speaker and knows alot about the bible. He seems to be a great Christian man. No greater than anyone else.

We must listen and hear what they say if we going to, and Know that God works through people.

ONe man is not greater than another. Its GOd working not the person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Franklin Graham or Billy and Franklin Graham what do you think about their ministry?

I wouldn't cross the street to hear either of them preach. They have the same Holy Spirit and anointing as my pastor or yours. Besides which, I caught the last few minutes of Billy's last (till now anyway) crusade. I felt sorry for him. He needed a graceful exit instead of milking the crowd for the last (maybe) time.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

GOD bless those who are winning souls for GOD.I may not agree with some high profiled preachers but I cant argue if they are leading the lost to JESUS.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What we think about any of these men is less important than what God thinks about them. However, Billy Graham early in his ministry realized the need for financial accountability, and has always kept open books, unlike Hinn and many others.

He has been proven faithful and trustworthy in his ministry, and doesn't try to pick the pockets of his listeners.

He has indeed been a counselor to many presidents (including the present one), but I doubt that any of them considered him their chief spiritual advisor, and most of them probably ignored his best advice. Bush's statement about all worshipping the same God just demonstrates that while he may be the commander in chief, he is not qualified to be the theologian in chief. He needs our prayers far more than our criticism. I'm certain that the Holy Spirit will lead him into the truth about this and many other things, just like He will any of us.

Bush's statement about all worshipping the same God just demonstrates that while he may be the commander in chief, he is not qualified to be the theologian in chief. He needs our prayers far more than our criticism. I'm certain that the Holy Spirit will lead him into the truth about this and many other things, just like He will any of us.

:thumbsup:

Franklin Graham or Billy and Franklin Graham what do you think about their ministry?

I wouldn't cross the street to hear either of them preach. They have the same Holy Spirit and anointing as my pastor or yours. Besides which, I caught the last few minutes of Billy's last (till now anyway) crusade. I felt sorry for him. He needed a graceful exit instead of milking the crowd for the last (maybe) time.

If I had won 1/1000th as many people to Jesus as Billy, I might be justified in finding fault with him.

I will on occasion speak out against highly controversial preachers, but neither Billy nor Franklin have done anything to deserve being criticized. Has your preacher won as many souls to Jesus as Billy? Using your theory, I have the same Holy Spirit and anointing, so why should I go hear anyone preach. I could just sit home and listen to myself.

No, now that's just being silly nor am I being critical. I wouldn't cross the street to hear any particular preacher. My point is, Americans have a habit of putting anybody--politicians, sports heroes, preachers--on a pedestal. What does Billy or Franklin have that your pastor doesn't? Nothing. Just a real good public relations machine. Have you ever studied one of Billy's sermons? They've been the same for 50 years. I have nothing against him, I really do admire him. But I admire the G-d behind him more. And the G-d behind Billy Graham is the same G-d that indwells each and every believer. My pastor has never won a soul nor has Billy. That's the job of the Holy Ghost, all man can do it put out the Word of G-d. I would also note that most of the people that "come forward" at a crusade fall back within a relatively short time.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Let's be careful about criticizing those who profess Jesus as Lord!

Guest jckduboise

On judgement day, the Christian's will be judged first..1 Peter 17-19..it is not up to me to judge the ministry nor the character of either of these men or others who have been mentioned in this thread, lest I be judged myself.

blessings :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi all... in an attempt to "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.."(Jude 3) I feel that it is important to know the truth about EVERY person who claims to be a "messenger" of God. It is a known fact that Billy Graham has ALWAYS made it clear at his crusades that if someone "came forward" that the prayer counselors were to NEVER instruct them to leave a church that they may have already been a part of. They are encouraged, to get involved in whatever church they are currently attending... whether Catholic, Mormon, etc.. He also has on numerous occasions stated that he believes that are many ways to Heaven. He told Katie Couric on the Today show after the pope died, that there was NO DOUBT in his mind that the pope was in Heaven, that he (the pope) was probably the most Godly man that he has known in his lifetime.... I am in no way trying to say that Billy Graham is not a Christian, but when what he says or does does not line up with Gods Word then aren't we to reject it... Thanks..

Edited by moderator