IGNORED

who may be the anti-christ?

Guest cjjc

Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

yes absolutly i persnally beleive he is most likely tieing up lose ends to his plan and getting in the position for his grand entrance

Edited by botticelli

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Beast, the image of the Beast, and the False Prophet, are all within you, when you deny God's Word, about Christ resident in you, about the NEW LIFE you are granted, and the fact that 'the old man (which is the beast of the antichrist) IS TRULY DEAD.'

"False Prophet" in the Greek, is simply "Lie averer." Whenever we speak power to satan's kingdom, or to the old man, WE OURSELVES become the 'false prophet' speaking life into the 'image of the beast.'

If you can get rid of the false prophet who resides in your own mouth, you will NEVER have to fear anything from the Apocalypse!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think people have got a wrong idea about the anti-christ. They expect a political dictator, somebody like Hitler or Stalin that will assume power in the world and violently persecute Christianity. That is, somebody that will persecute the Christian church from without. But I believe the Bible teaches that anti-christ is to be regarded rather as somebody who will persecute the Christian church from within! In 2 Thes 2:3, the anti-christ is called "son or perdition", and it is said that he (verse 4) "takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God". This clearly excludes, in my opinion, any sort of political figure playing this role. Apart from referring to the anti-christ, the expression "son of perdition" is also used in the Bible to refer to Judas Iscariot, who sat at the same table with Jesus and finally betrayed Him. That is why, in my opinion, when we talk about the anti-christ, we have got to look for a religious figure, somebody that sits at the very table with Jesus, and that will be used by Satan to lead the final blow against the Christian faith, in an attempt to bring the whole world in subjection to the prince of darkness.

Actually, the anti-christ has already come, and this has happened centuries ago, only the world doesn't notice it! I believe the anti-christ to be the Pope of Rome, which took the place of the Roman emperor, as the agent of persecution against the Christian Church. Only the direction of this persecution has changed: instead of being persecuted from without, the church has been persecuted from within, by means of people that pretended to represent Christ, but worked the will of Satan.

I think that we need to understand clearly the nature and the truth about anti-christ, the way the Bible speaks about it, in order to be prepared to stand firm in the final confrontation, that will close the history of this earth very soon. Although the Bible prophecies clearly forewarn us about the rise of the Papacy, those clear warnings are much neglected today. Prophecies are mis-interpreted such that people will not understand the underlying message, and this out of political reasons. The same sort of political reasons that lead to the condemnation of Jesus will lead the world to unite with the papacy and put to death the saints of the Most High, hoping to achieve lasting peace and security on the earth. But this will only bring the wrath of God upon the whole world, just as it brought it on the nation of ancient Israel. The Apocaliptic events will then be unleashed, culminating to the utter destruction of the entire world, and the salvation of the faithful. And I personnally think we might only be a few years away from these events!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I think people have got a wrong idea about the anti-christ. They expect a political dictator, somebody like Hitler or Stalin that will assume power in the world and violently persecute Christianity. That is, somebody that will persecute the Christian church from without. But I believe the Bible teaches that anti-christ is to be regarded rather as somebody who will persecute the Christian church from within! In 2 Thes 2:3, the anti-christ is called "son or perdition", and it is said that he (verse 4) "takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God". This clearly excludes, in my opinion, any sort of political figure playing this role. Apart from referring to the anti-christ, the expression "son of perdition" is also used in the Bible to refer to Judas Iscariot, who sat at the same table with Jesus and finally betrayed Him. That is why, in my opinion, when we talk about the anti-christ, we have got to look for a religious figure, somebody that sits at the very table with Jesus, and that will be used by Satan to lead the final blow against the Christian faith, in an attempt to bring the whole world in subjection to the prince of darkness.

Actually, the anti-christ has already come, and this has happened centuries ago, only the world doesn't notice it! I believe the anti-christ to be the Pope of Rome, which took the place of the Roman emperor, as the agent of persecution against the Christian Church. Only the direction of this persecution has changed: instead of being persecuted from without, the church has been persecuted from within, by means of people that pretended to represent Christ, but worked the will of Satan.

I think that we need to understand clearly the nature and the truth about anti-christ, the way the Bible speaks about it, in order to be prepared to stand firm in the final confrontation, that will close the history of this earth very soon. Although the Bible prophecies clearly forewarn us about the rise of the Papacy, those clear warnings are much neglected today. Prophecies are mis-interpreted such that people will not understand the underlying message, and this out of political reasons. The same sort of political reasons that lead to the condemnation of Jesus will lead the world to unite with the papacy and put to death the saints of the Most High, hoping to achieve lasting peace and security on the earth. But this will only bring the wrath of God upon the whole world, just as it brought it on the nation of ancient Israel. The Apocaliptic events will then be unleashed, culminating to the utter destruction of the entire world, and the salvation of the faithful. And I personnally think we might only be a few years away from these events!

It seems to me to be a stretch to conclude that just because the anti-christ takes his seat in the temple of God and displays himself as God, that he can't be a political figure.

Scenarios change with the date on a newspaper....I stopped looking for the boogie-man long ago. We should live like we are going to be here for a while.

But Javier Solana and King Huessein of Jordan are interesting characters nonetheless.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

**WARNING! WARNING!**

Chryss has every right to have his/her opinion as everyone else. But please let us avoid the temptation of turning this thread into another "Catholic" debate.

Those threads always end up getting closed or deleted.

If you feel the need to disagree, please guard how you do so.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Chryss: You're on the right track, but you need to look MUCH CLOSER TO HOME, than in some palace in Rome!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Scenarios change with the date on a newspaper....I stopped looking for the boogie-man long ago. We should live like we are going to be here for a while.

But Javier Solana and King Huessein of Jordan are interesting characters nonetheless.

I agree. I have been a Christian since 1974. The first speculation I heard was Henry Kissinger. We will not know the man of perdition until he is revealed

Guest jckduboise

regardless of who decides to sit upon the throne in the temple and proclaim himself the Christ it will happen and it will be soon..

the anti-christ and the Anti-Christ are two different beings. The anti-christ exists in false teachings, deceptions and indoctrinations that do not align with the word of God. The Anti-Christ just hasn't shown his face yet because the Almighty is holding him at bay until the other prophesies of Revelation are fulfilled. But they are both very real and in existance

Blessings